Message Boards

Topic : 08/18 'Fighting for My Children'

Number of Replies: 106
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, August 12, 2005, 06:24:59 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original air date 05/17/05) Dr. Phil sheds light on two custody battles cases that have captured national attention and left the children caught in the crossfire. Michael, Linda and their two kids seemed to be the typical American family, but when the marriage started to crumble, the fight for custody ended up on Court TV. Why did Linda lose her kids to a man who's not their biological father, and is Michael an unfit parent because he used to be a woman? Then, model Bridget Marks made headlines when she was forced to hand over her twin daughters to their father. Tune in for her dramatic update and join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

Read previous messages in the archived discussion.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 18, 2005, 3:17 pm CDT

Children Should Be Afraid of Their Parents?!

I think this very sick comment says everything about this very sick woman.

August 18, 2005, 3:19 pm CDT

back off

I watched the show today and I do not understand why the mother would marry another woman that was trying to become a man. It is a chilling thought to know that she would expose her children to this kind of situation. As luck would have it the "man" now has custody of her biological children. She is not telling all when she said that she does not understand why the courts gave her kinds to Michael.  

I find michael's behavior to be disturbing and I would not want him to be raising my kids with his background. There is something wrong with this picture. I can not say all that I would like to say but he appears to be controlling and he is doing this for revenge, just to show that he is able to outwit the mother.  

I wish the best for this family and it is a good thing these kids are almost legal age and will be able to make their own decisions.  

The mom made her bed and a few bad decisions when she set up house keeping with this wannabe man and she is currently paying the price for her mistakes. If I had a say in who would get these children, I would say foster care would be just find until they are old enough to be self reliant.  

When it was time for the mom and michael to visit, these visits should be supervised just to make sure no bad mouthing is going on. It is wrong for the mother to use what she knows about michael against him now. It was not important when she married him/her and it should not carry any weight  

now.  

Chilling, cruel and unusual is this case.  

August 18, 2005, 3:23 pm CDT

08/18 'Fighting for My Children'

Quote From: mohonri

how can u say that? she didnt care when she married him but would you want your trans ex taking care of your 2 children?!
I feel really bad for linda. She knew she was marrying a woman and the she let her adopt her children. What was she thinking? For a long time she has been wearing blinders and I personally do not feel either of them are fit to parent. Michael appears chilling and vindictive in his behavior and I can't believe he/she really cares about those kids. They are not his/hers and he is using them as a stepping stone to becoming a supposedly man.

August 18, 2005, 3:27 pm CDT

Florida

Well I really have very little respect for the Florida Courts.  They seem to have problems when it comes to making decisions and knowing the difference between right and wrong.  That is probably the real problem here. 

August 18, 2005, 3:28 pm CDT

What is a woman?

Quote From: ladyjones

Would  I  want my kids taking care of my kids? Possibly..but only if they were honest.  Michael is a WOMAN and to deny that is a lie.   The better question is would I want a liar taking care of teaching my kids morality...NO!
I take issue with you that Michael is a woman.  Aside from basic biology, which Michael has clearly changed, how do you define a woman?  The Supreme Courts of most states haven't been able to define what a woman and a man is, aside from reproduction, so how did you come into this knowledge?  How do you define intersex people, who are born as both sexes in one form or another?  I think you really need to think through these questions of "What is a man?" and "What is a woman?"  Seems simple, but it is anything but...

August 18, 2005, 3:30 pm CDT

Control Freak

Quote From: exmormon

I think this very sick comment says everything about this very sick woman.
After watching Michael's ex-wife (her title), I concur with you that she wants to control everyone around her.  That is anything but "Christ-like!"

August 18, 2005, 3:37 pm CDT

Disrespectful

Quote From: nevaeh

I feel really bad for linda. She knew she was marrying a woman and the she let her adopt her children. What was she thinking? For a long time she has been wearing blinders and I personally do not feel either of them are fit to parent. Michael appears chilling and vindictive in his behavior and I can't believe he/she really cares about those kids. They are not his/hers and he is using them as a stepping stone to becoming a supposedly man.
As a female to male person myself, I find it very disrespectful that you refer to Michael as a "supposed man" and refer to him as "her/she."  Does it really threaten your own gender identity so much that you can't respect another person enough to call them by the pronoun they prefer?  Does gender really matter that much to you that you must police it?

August 18, 2005, 3:41 pm CDT

Disrespectful

Quote From: nevaeh

I watched the show today and I do not understand why the mother would marry another woman that was trying to become a man. It is a chilling thought to know that she would expose her children to this kind of situation. As luck would have it the "man" now has custody of her biological children. She is not telling all when she said that she does not understand why the courts gave her kinds to Michael.  

I find michael's behavior to be disturbing and I would not want him to be raising my kids with his background. There is something wrong with this picture. I can not say all that I would like to say but he appears to be controlling and he is doing this for revenge, just to show that he is able to outwit the mother.  

I wish the best for this family and it is a good thing these kids are almost legal age and will be able to make their own decisions.  

The mom made her bed and a few bad decisions when she set up house keeping with this wannabe man and she is currently paying the price for her mistakes. If I had a say in who would get these children, I would say foster care would be just find until they are old enough to be self reliant.  

When it was time for the mom and michael to visit, these visits should be supervised just to make sure no bad mouthing is going on. It is wrong for the mother to use what she knows about michael against him now. It was not important when she married him/her and it should not carry any weight  

now.  

Chilling, cruel and unusual is this case.  

Why do you find Michael's behavior disturbing?  Why do people have to fit into your mold of what a man is and what a woman is?  He is capable of loving children just like anyone else.  Genderpolicing is the real problem with your comments...

August 18, 2005, 3:44 pm CDT

08/18 'Fighting for My Children'

Linda needs to stop being a bible thumper. She is so ingrossed in her Born Again Cristrian Crap that those poor children can't even be kids! Leave those poor kids alone, let them be kids and enjoy all the love from every family member that is around them....

August 18, 2005, 3:47 pm CDT

Michael & Linda

First of all,  we are only hearing what they want us to hear... there is obviously more to this story then we have been privileged to hear about.  Yes Michael may have started his life as a woman, but it is more then apparent that he is more comfortable being a man or at least playing the role of one. Perhaps Linda has some skeletons in her closet...  Why would a judge award him custody?  A mother has got to do something to lose that right.......    

As for Michael....... woman or man.....  The fact that he or she stood up and became their dad is being more of a man then many other men who have fathered children and have nothing to do with them...  

I think that too many people are missing the most important part of all.........what is best for the children...  

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last