Message Boards

Topic : 08/18 'Fighting for My Children'

Number of Replies: 106
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, August 12, 2005, 06:24:59 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original air date 05/17/05) Dr. Phil sheds light on two custody battles cases that have captured national attention and left the children caught in the crossfire. Michael, Linda and their two kids seemed to be the typical American family, but when the marriage started to crumble, the fight for custody ended up on Court TV. Why did Linda lose her kids to a man who's not their biological father, and is Michael an unfit parent because he used to be a woman? Then, model Bridget Marks made headlines when she was forced to hand over her twin daughters to their father. Tune in for her dramatic update and join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

Read previous messages in the archived discussion.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 18, 2005, 7:16 am CDT

Unbelievablwe

I'm watching right now. And even though the woman's a relgious nut and kids might not have any fun living with that, they're still not being hurt in any way and when they're not being hurt, under NO circumstance wha so ever should a stranger come into a family for a few years and be able to STEAL someone else's kids. The way Michael & his new wife are talking about "our kids" makes me sick - those are not their kids and they have SERIOUS issues and need to seek counselling because they have some deep need to take someone else's kids from them.

August 18, 2005, 9:53 am CDT

Selfish

I think this is a very hard situation to be in.  It is easy to look from the outside looking in and express opinions, but to actually be in it is devastating.  I do think that Michael is selfish and his entire family.  It is interesting how they ALL say:  Oh, they couldn't take it if they lost the kids, but don't give a #$%^&* about Linda's feelings.  Unfortunately Linda your hateful comments are justified, but for the sake of the courts... you need to fight over facts and not with character assassination comments even though you don't agree with his lifestyle and many others don't agree.  He is still a person with rights in our country.  And he is a product of rejection somewhere which hateful comments only further push him into his gender choices.

August 18, 2005, 11:27 am CDT

NOT JUSTIFIED IN THE LEAST

Sorry, but I cannot agree for a moment that any of Linda's comments were justifiable; especially the heinous and hurtful statement 'Your life is a lie.'  No one has the right to make that judgment in regard to anyone else.   

On another topic, I was horrified as I watched the show.  It struck me like a 2x4 against my head that my ex and I are doing the same thing to our wonderful, magnificent little 7-y.o. daughter.  Shame on us.  The ONE thing we swore we would never do is bring her into the center of our arena of hate and discontent.  Sadly, we have done just that.   

As Dr. Phil suggests, we are in dire need of a 'hero' ourselves.  I think I may be able to put my selfishness aside and do just that for my little one.  I'm seriously considering it, since my ex and I cannot even agree on what day it is, much less agree on any sensitive, criticaly important co-parenting issue or decision.   

We FAILED our daughter with our divorce.  I pray we do NOT fail her again in this post-divorce period.   

Sincerely....Will   

August 18, 2005, 12:48 pm CDT

08/18 'Fighting for My Children'

My only comment on this whole show...is if Linda has a such a problem with Michael's transexual behavior...why the heck did she marry him and let him adopt her children in the first place....once she didn that she condoned and has no right to say anything about it now.

August 18, 2005, 1:42 pm CDT

Dad in Tennessee facing same nightmare

I am a Dad of three boys ages 10, 8 & 3.  I have spent the last 19 months without my boys.  These two people today...representing themselves as mother and father of their children...truly depicts the senerio I face continually in the courts of Tennessee and my former spouse.  

My former spouse has falsely accused me and has continually committed Parental Alienation Syndrome with respect with my three boys since November 30, 2003.  

I haven't heard the entire story of today's case, but I will say...I take the same sentiments this father is taking....I will never quit fighting the legal battle the courts raise and my former spouse raises!  

Sincerely...a father missing his three boys in Tennessee,  

Timothy B. Ray 

August 18, 2005, 1:58 pm CDT

ur an idiot

Quote From: breezychas

My only comment on this whole show...is if Linda has a such a problem with Michael's transexual behavior...why the heck did she marry him and let him adopt her children in the first place....once she didn that she condoned and has no right to say anything about it now.
how can u say that? she didnt care when she married him but would you want your trans ex taking care of your 2 children?!

August 18, 2005, 2:07 pm CDT

Dr Phil dropped the ball!

I can't believe this!  "Michael" is claiming that Linda is dad talking him to the kids and what are his examples? That she calls her former mate "her" and "she".  And Dr Phil let that GO???  For goodness sakes, "Michael" IS a her and a she !  That's not degrading her former mate, that's being honest!

August 18, 2005, 2:47 pm CDT

Trans and kids

Quote From: mohonri

how can u say that? she didnt care when she married him but would you want your trans ex taking care of your 2 children?!
Would  I  want my kids taking care of my kids? Possibly..but only if they were honest.  Michael is a WOMAN and to deny that is a lie.   The better question is would I want a liar taking care of teaching my kids morality...NO!

August 18, 2005, 2:57 pm CDT

linda and michael

the mother in this situation is saying how Michael shouldn't have the kids bc he is a sinner...etc....but didn't Linda know that Michael used to be a woman when she married him?  Its a bit late to point fingers about whether what he is doing is right or wrong, when she must of known he used to be a woman. Esp. since they had to use his brothers sperm to have a child.  I don't see how she can be so judgemental about the situation if she knew.....unless her marriage was a total lie.

August 18, 2005, 3:02 pm CDT

what does the kids think?

How does the kids feel about all this?Has anyone ever sat them down and asked them?I agree with Dr.phil they need to be mutual and get real with eachother.And let the kids be kids!Yeah sure he was once a woman but he has been in those kids lives.But that does not give him the right to take mom away from the kids either.They just need to share the kids and set up some kind of plan so noone gets hurt and they all live happily ever after.That would be much more healthier for those kids.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last