Message Boards

Topic : 08/19 Ask Dr. Phil About Sex

Number of Replies: 43
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, August 12, 2005, 06:27:39 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original air date 02/14/05) Imagine if your own mother were dating someone younger than you! What would Dr. Phil say? And, meet a couple on the verge of retirement who fear they may also be retiring their sex life. How can they reconnect in the bedroom? Plus, Cliff and Kim may look like an ordinary all-American couple, but as soon as they put their daughter to bed, they head downstairs to swing with strangers! Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

Read previous messages in the archived discussion.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 23, 2005, 10:00 am CDT

I couldn't believe how hurtful that wife was

Loving my husband I couldn't imagine telling him that I'm not sexually attracted to him & that's why I want to swing & sleep with others.  While we of course want to be compatible in other areas besides sex I find it cruel of her to have married this man & then basically said she doesn't find him desireable.   

When we really love someone they don't even have to be good looking for us to find them desireable or to be attracted to them.  The expression "Love is blind" is the absolute truth & if we love someone we're blind to anything but the idea we want & desire them & that's emotinally & physically.   

As others have pointed out this couples child was right up stairs when this couple was having these sex parties & could have walked in at any time.  Dr. Phil was there trying to explain how to try to put pleasing your spouse before you own pleasure & because you love them take your pleasure from that.  I don't think that woman was capable of that because I think she is of a me me me mind set.  She doesn't think about her husband & his feelings & what he does or doesn't want & she doesn't even consider her daughter & her well being.  It's all me me me for her & what SHE finds attractive & what she WANTS.  How does someone like that come to understand finding satisfaction with someone else's pleasure?    

August 23, 2005, 10:51 am CDT

I agree 100%

Quote From: momakababe

Loving my husband I couldn't imagine telling him that I'm not sexually attracted to him & that's why I want to swing & sleep with others.  While we of course want to be compatible in other areas besides sex I find it cruel of her to have married this man & then basically said she doesn't find him desireable.   

When we really love someone they don't even have to be good looking for us to find them desireable or to be attracted to them.  The expression "Love is blind" is the absolute truth & if we love someone we're blind to anything but the idea we want & desire them & that's emotinally & physically.   

As others have pointed out this couples child was right up stairs when this couple was having these sex parties & could have walked in at any time.  Dr. Phil was there trying to explain how to try to put pleasing your spouse before you own pleasure & because you love them take your pleasure from that.  I don't think that woman was capable of that because I think she is of a me me me mind set.  She doesn't think about her husband & his feelings & what he does or doesn't want & she doesn't even consider her daughter & her well being.  It's all me me me for her & what SHE finds attractive & what she WANTS.  How does someone like that come to understand finding satisfaction with someone else's pleasure?    

And please if you find the answer to how someone who is all about me me me let me know.  My hubby's ex is a me me me person.  She doesn't swing (that I know of) but she puts herself before everyone even her kids.  I will never understand her and her attitudes. 

April 26, 2007, 4:13 pm CDT

sigh

IM married to A Younger man (22 year age differance) and my kids adore him..We have so much in common (YES you can have alot in common) and unless you have walked in those shoes no one can judge if its a maturity thing I have dated men MY age who are way more  immature then someone younger...

as far as this lady goes its not the age or dating younger men that bothers me (HUNDREDS of women dating younger men!!!) its the fact she is going from bed to bed to bed party party party..this is NOT sexy nor classy its just plan gross and whoring around

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next Page | Last Page