Message Boards

Topic : Serious Weight Loss - No excuses

Number of Replies: 15388
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, August 21, 2005, 07:32:20 am
Author : 29mom2beee
We want people who are positive and are very serious about losing weight, no excuses, just getting real and getting the weight off once and for all.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 6, 2008, 7:30 pm CDT

Shirley

Quote From: shirley_happy

DOLORES -  Then there are two of us as I am easily mixed up too.   LOL   LOL

Had a good day......went to lunch with my friend Anne and I had a salad with chicken on it.

Then I came home and did a few things around the house, made another batch of chili.    I still need to make a pot of soup but think I will leave it for the weekend.

I am going out to breakfast with friends tomorrow for breakfast......we are going to a very special place as they have fruit with everything they serve.   

Hugs,

Shirley

SHIRLEY:  LOL  I think I stay mixed up most of the time.  LOL

Sounds like you had a very nice lunch today.  I also had a salad

for lunch w/ chicken on it (here at home this time)  LOL  I think I have had a

good food day today.

I think you have just about talked me into making a pot of chili.  LOL  That sounds

so good.  It is the right kind of weather for it to.

You have a nice birthday breakfast with your friends.  Nice that they have fruit with

everything they serve.  Can't go wrong there.

Hugs,

Dolores

October 6, 2008, 10:46 pm CDT

Excellent going mate

I read on my site that you're a loser this week?!

Another pound down the loo! :(

I hope to join you with a loss on Thursday for my weigh-in.

My lovely treadmill is waiting for a quick workout so I'm off.

So far today I've done 2 lots of walking on the loaner = 45:30mins - 3.3klms (2 miles)
Dumbbells done
Wall pushoffs done
Food good today

October 6, 2008, 10:57 pm CDT

Hi Everyone

KAREN - Your lovely dial has gone from my screen too. Hope you like the gym and that it doesn't stink!

DOLORES - Excellent going with the 45mins of training.  You are gonna look stunning at goal weight! I'll hunt for a fun routine this evening and post it tomorrow (our time).

A stay-at-home holiday for me would mean I could do all of my training session and walk my dog! LOL

SHIRLEY - You are a caring person who has made a dent in my memories forever.  Loving the friendship.

Three Calorie-Free Treats!

Why reward yourself with empty calories when there are so many fun — and calorie-free — ways to celebrate instead? Try these!

A Spa Day: Indulge in a spa treatment, or turn your bathroom into your own private sanctuary. Set up some candles, fill the tub with fragrant bubble bath, get in, and you'll be relaxed and rejuvenated within minutes!

A Makeover: Many cosmetics companies give free mini-makeovers. Visit a cosmetics counter in the mall nearest you and set one up, or call an at-home beauty products company and schedule an appointment. Don't feel pressure to buy! Just pay attention to the techniques and colors the experts choose, and then adapt what you like about the new look.

A Pedicure: Pedicures are a simple way to treat yourself without blowing the budget. They also make you feel wonderful! Most beauty salons offer the service for around $20, and beauty schools sometimes offer this kind of pampering for even less. You deserve it.

Found these calorie-free morsels so thought I'd share. LOL

October 7, 2008, 2:14 pm CDT

SUU

Quote From: suujoy

I read on my site that you're a loser this week?!

Another pound down the loo! :(

I hope to join you with a loss on Thursday for my weigh-in.

My lovely treadmill is waiting for a quick workout so I'm off.

So far today I've done 2 lots of walking on the loaner = 45:30mins - 3.3klms (2 miles)
Dumbbells done
Wall pushoffs done
Food good today

Hey SUU:  Yes, I did and guess I forgot to post it on this site or the other

thread either for that matter.    165.8 for anybody that doesn't go to Suu's

site.  That was a pound loss for this week.

I have no exercise in for today, but have been very busy.  Had a doctor's

appointment early this morning and then went to a friends for him to

change my oil.  (saving money)  LOL

Dolores

October 7, 2008, 2:21 pm CDT

Serious Weight Loss - No excuses

Quote From: suujoy

KAREN - Your lovely dial has gone from my screen too. Hope you like the gym and that it doesn't stink!

DOLORES - Excellent going with the 45mins of training.  You are gonna look stunning at goal weight! I'll hunt for a fun routine this evening and post it tomorrow (our time).

A stay-at-home holiday for me would mean I could do all of my training session and walk my dog! LOL

SHIRLEY - You are a caring person who has made a dent in my memories forever.  Loving the friendship.

Three Calorie-Free Treats!

Why reward yourself with empty calories when there are so many fun and calorie-free ways to celebrate instead? Try these!

A Spa Day: Indulge in a spa treatment, or turn your bathroom into your own private sanctuary. Set up some candles, fill the tub with fragrant bubble bath, get in, and you'll be relaxed and rejuvenated within minutes!

A Makeover: Many cosmetics companies give free mini-makeovers. Visit a cosmetics counter in the mall nearest you and set one up, or call an at-home beauty products company and schedule an appointment. Don't feel pressure to buy! Just pay attention to the techniques and colors the experts choose, and then adapt what you like about the new look.

A Pedicure: Pedicures are a simple way to treat yourself without blowing the budget. They also make you feel wonderful! Most beauty salons offer the service for around $20, and beauty schools sometimes offer this kind of pampering for even less. You deserve it.

Found these calorie-free morsels so thought I'd share. LOL

What great calorie free treats.  All of them sound wonderful.

Guess I should be trying some of those.  ; )

Went to the doctor this morning and he wants me to lose 13 pound

before I come back in three months.  He also expects me to exercise

EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK!!! FOR AT LEAST THIRTY MINUTES.  Also

three days a weeks to lift weights.  So guess this OLD WOMAN BETTER

GET BUSY. 

SHIRLEY:  I am missing you today, but know you are celebrating your birthday!

AND I believe keeping your precious Grandbaby.  Hope you have a wonderful

birthday.

Well ladies guess I better get busy.  I have been out all mornning and have not

done anything in this house.  Hope everyone is having a wonderful day and a more

productive one than I have had.  LOL

Take care,

Dolores

October 7, 2008, 5:56 pm CDT

Happy Birthday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIRLEY!!!!

HOPE that you've had a wonderful day. You so deserve it. 

My Mom is slowly getting abit better. She doesn't have to have a knee replacement at this time. She is to start using her walker without the brace on. I got her out in the hall for a short walk. She is starting to try abit more, and knows that she won't have the help after this month, so she wants to be able to do things herself.

October 7, 2008, 5:58 pm CDT

Ladies

Suu you will have a loss too, I'm sure. You are doing great. Keep up the good work.

Shirley, grats on the 1 lb loss. Keep going!!

Dolores, I won't be getting a trainer either. I should just save my money, lol. I know what to do most of the time, so will have to talk myself into just doing it.

Well ,my niece needs the computer for her homework, so will catch you tomorrow. Night!@!

October 7, 2008, 7:08 pm CDT

For Shirley

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday dear Shirley

Happy birthday to yoooooooooooooooooooooooou

Hip Hip Hoooooraaaaay!

October 7, 2008, 7:26 pm CDT

Karen

Quote From: latemorn

Suu you will have a loss too, I'm sure. You are doing great. Keep up the good work.

Shirley, grats on the 1 lb loss. Keep going!!

Dolores, I won't be getting a trainer either. I should just save my money, lol. I know what to do most of the time, so will have to talk myself into just doing it.

Well ,my niece needs the computer for her homework, so will catch you tomorrow. Night!@!

I know what you mean about saving money.  I need to do

more of that.  LOL  I don't know, I may have said this before,  LOL, BUT

I am thinking about taking a class in weight lifting.  My doctor wants

me to lift weights three days a week, and I think I need a little help

with that.

You have a good one.

October 7, 2008, 7:27 pm CDT

SHIRLEY

Missed you today, but know you are busy with your birthday.

Hope you had a great one!!!!  And I am wishing you  many

more.

Hugs,

Dolores

First | Prev | 1529 | 1530 | 1531 | 1532 | 1533 | 1534 | 1535 | 1536 | 1537 | 1538 | Next | Last