Message Boards

Topic : Serious Weight Loss - No excuses

Number of Replies: 15388
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, August 21, 2005, 07:32:20 am
Author : 29mom2beee
We want people who are positive and are very serious about losing weight, no excuses, just getting real and getting the weight off once and for all.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 23, 2005, 6:32 pm CDT

AWWWWW!!!!

Quote From: papageorge

Well i am ready to lose some weight,  I want to do this for myself, my wife and my kids.   I also have to do it, because my wife has been working out and is starting to look even hotter then she already is, so i must ship up, so i don't have to listen to people say " Why is that sexy woman with that guy?". 

This morning i weighed 225. Ouch, it hurts to type that.   Well i know with the energy on this board it will be easy to get rid of it.  Since i have been reading the posts on here, I find it easier to say no to bad foods. 

I also want to help support my wifes weight lose by getting rid of any cravings i have for bad food. 

So i will spend the next week working on losing weight, then i will join next months challenge.  And i know with the great Vibe on the board it will happen. 

George 

Welcome to the board George!!!  Wink!  Wink!  You are going to do great on here.  I should know because I am going to be making all your meals.  I am proud of you and that you have made this choice without my pressure. 

It is going to be so much easier for me now to have a fellow weight loser in the house.  You are very motivating to me and now I have one more person on my side and someone else I don't want to let done.  Thank you. 

Melody 

August 23, 2005, 6:34 pm CDT

Dr. Phil says...

It feels good to be in control!!!!

August 23, 2005, 6:39 pm CDT

Dr.Phil says...

Your goals should allow for no second guessing!

August 23, 2005, 6:39 pm CDT

Dr.Phil says....

When you begin to do different things, trust me,  your actions will gain positive momentum.

August 23, 2005, 6:42 pm CDT

George

Quote From: papageorge

Well i am ready to lose some weight,  I want to do this for myself, my wife and my kids.   I also have to do it, because my wife has been working out and is starting to look even hotter then she already is, so i must ship up, so i don't have to listen to people say " Why is that sexy woman with that guy?". 

This morning i weighed 225. Ouch, it hurts to type that.   Well i know with the energy on this board it will be easy to get rid of it.  Since i have been reading the posts on here, I find it easier to say no to bad foods. 

I also want to help support my wifes weight lose by getting rid of any cravings i have for bad food. 

So i will spend the next week working on losing weight, then i will join next months challenge.  And i know with the great Vibe on the board it will happen. 

George 

It's so important in a marriage to support one another. That is missing in many marriages. I am fortunate to have found that as well, but most people that I talk to are begging for support at home and not getting it. I know it's not nice for any of us to tell our weight, but you will brag that you once weighed that once you lose it. When I had my second child I was 200lbs. and I wouldn't even tell my very loving dh because I was horrified and embarrassed. He loved me and told me I was sexy no matter what I weighed, but I still needed to do it for me because when I feel pretty and sexy, I can give more of myself to my dh. When mamma's not happy, no one is,lol. Same goes for papa.  

I think you will do great and we are all here to support you. What a great example you will be to your children as well. Your wife and children will cheer you on and you will be so proud. I look forward to the next challenge! 

Sherri 

August 23, 2005, 6:44 pm CDT

End of the day!!

Well my day started out rough, but I didn't make bad food choices and by talking to my weight loss team I pulled through.  You guys are great.  One thing that shocked me was my impulses to eat to feel better were not there.  I was waiting for that signal that says "oh go have it, just one won't hurt, you can burn it off later."  But it never came.  I know I can do this even more now.  Everyday I get stronger and the thoughts of eating whatever I want are gone.  I will need to keep in mind they can return, but I will be ready for them next time. 

Good night! 

Melody 

August 23, 2005, 8:08 pm CDT

That's awesome!

Quote From: 29mom2beee

Welcome to the board George!!!  Wink!  Wink!  You are going to do great on here.  I should know because I am going to be making all your meals.  I am proud of you and that you have made this choice without my pressure. 

It is going to be so much easier for me now to have a fellow weight loser in the house.  You are very motivating to me and now I have one more person on my side and someone else I don't want to let done.  Thank you. 

Melody 

You guys have each other and you will be even more accountable now.  

Mel, you really kicked butt today by not doing what you usually do, which is to turn to food. Why would we want to put that junk into our bodies anymore. I'm seriously turned off by junkfood now. I just don't know if that's going to stay with me long term. I'd love for Troy to join in too, but I want him to do it on his own, with no pressure from me. I am going to ask him to read these posts tomorrow though. It will be nice for him to see George on here. His night time eating is getting pretty bad again, but at least it's nothing I want, so it's not affecting me. It's hard for me to watch him throwing away all that he worked so hard for. He lost quite alot of weight not too long ago and worked out very hard. He had a commitment that I had never seen before. 2 hour workouts and a very healthy eating lifestyle. 

I'm off to bed. It's getting colder in the evenings and it feels so great:) 

nite! 

Sherri 

August 24, 2005, 4:37 am CDT

frustrating morning!

Well the day started with an annoying email, but not everyday is going to start as we wish it would. Time to get over it quickly and move on. 

I'm off to clean the heck out of my livingroom because I'm so excited about the new couch coming tomorrow.  

Mel- I will check for you after lunch. I need to get away from this computer for awhile,lol. 

I hope you and George had a great workout this morning. 

Sherri 

August 24, 2005, 5:13 am CDT

Can feel the differance

Well i woke up this morning, and i feel so much more awake.  I think this not eating after 6:00 is the reason why.  I was hungry last night but instead of eating, i decided to have a cup of tea instead.  A 

I didn't excerise this morning, but i will for sure this evening. Do my weight excerise. 

Got a healthy lunch my wife packed for me, and i know i will have no need for junk food well i am at work. 

George 

August 24, 2005, 5:36 am CDT

Wisdom from the tea!!!

Wisdom, character and consciousness concquer everything.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last