Message Boards

Topic : Serious Weight Loss - No excuses

Number of Replies: 15388
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, August 21, 2005, 07:32:20 am
Author : 29mom2beee
We want people who are positive and are very serious about losing weight, no excuses, just getting real and getting the weight off once and for all.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 24, 2005, 7:16 am CDT

Don't mention it!!

Quote From: danamikayl

I knew you would say something wise and I would instantly have a smile on my face again. I didn't want you to think what was said was the way it is. It's not! Anyway now that you know what was said, I shall press delete next time. I'm done going to the other board as well. Time to focus. I feel smaller today but stayed off the scale. I want to wait until Mon.  

Breakfast-1 cup blueberries, 1/2 mango and mixed cereal with van. soy. lots of pep. tea and water. 

I will always be here to cheer you up, just like you did for me yesterday. 

Chow 

Melody 

August 24, 2005, 7:35 am CDT

Aspartame cont.

Quote From: 29mom2beee

Another thing to think about when it comes to aspartame.    When I was pregnant I read a book that talked about what is really in our food.  It said that they have done studies that show when you ingest aspartame your brain cells actually become so overly stimulated that some actually die....if you ask me that was enough for me to stop buying everything that has it in it.  I would rather have sugar once in a while.  I don't drink any pop, maybe 5 times a year if even so it isn't hard for me to stay away and when I want a rootbeer I just have a regular.  Once in awhile can't hurt. 

Melody 

yes, I agree with everything in your post. I also will once in a while just have the real deal, but less. Some of my healthy recipes call for sugar or artifial sweeteners, but now I just cut the sugar down and aviod all art. sugar.  

I bought that new Becel spray fake yesterday. It has no cal., but now I kind of regret it and I might give it to my neighbor who was interested in it because of her high colesterol. The reason I regret it, is because I think it's better to just have a titch of butter(like I do) than have this stuff when I can't even read the ingred. on the label. Who knows what's in it. I don't want any more chemicals in my body. I rarely use butter, just recently for corn, but only a very little bit.  

August 24, 2005, 7:35 am CDT

Great minds think alike!

I forgot to say, that's awesome!  One step at a time to a healthier body.  I think we are doing it just right.  Taking on one goal at a time.  I think we are going to be able to accomplish anything we put our minds too. 

Melody 

We are really strong people in my opinion and I do think we will be able to accomplish are goals.  

Sherri 

August 24, 2005, 7:38 am CDT

Wow!

Another thing to think about when it comes to aspartame.    When I was pregnant I read a book that talked about what is really in our food.  It said that they have done studies that show when you ingest aspartame your brain cells actually become so overly stimulated that some actually die....if you ask me that was enough for me to stop buying everything that has it in it.  I would rather have sugar once in a while.  I don't drink any pop, maybe 5 times a year if even so it isn't hard for me to stay away and when I want a rootbeer I just have a regular.  Once in awhile can't hurt. 

Melody 

That's scary! You really turned me off diet pop with that post,lol  

Sherri 

August 24, 2005, 7:57 am CDT

mid mornin' snack

Cottage cheese and an apple w/green tea 

Melody 

August 24, 2005, 8:52 am CDT

DREAM LIST

I am going to write down all the hopes, wishes and dreams I think will come true for me when I reach my goal and along the way: 

1. be a better parent
  2. build muscle
  3. help others feel great too!
  4. be happier
  5. less stress
  6. be stronger
  7. look and feel younger!
  8. tons of energy
  9. the feeling of success
  10. more confidence
  11. feel like myself inside and out
  12. i won't feel trapped in this unhealthy body
  13. I will great in a bikini
  14. get belly button ring
  15. my heart will be healthy
  16. I will be a better wife
  17. no more getting out of breath going up stairs
  18. no more feeling like people think I'm fat
  19. I will feel so impowered

There are so many I will keep adding them up as I think of them.  I think it is good for us all to write a list like this.  I find it good to keep remembering what will all come out of our journey to a healthier life. 

Melody 

August 24, 2005, 8:56 am CDT

Workout time!!!

Well June is down.  And I am heading down to burn some calories.  I am actually excited about working out. I feel like I get such a rush from it now and every workout I do makes me so proud that I was able to accomplish it.  I love to push myself just a little further everytime.  I will let you know how it goes. 

Melody 

August 24, 2005, 9:30 am CDT

Dream list from Sherri

1. To do more fun things with the kids and have more patience with them  

2. to be more uninhibited with my husband  

3. To be able to handle the day with less stress  

4. To be able to say, "I did it".  

5. To have lots of confidence no matter who I'm talking to.  

6. To not lose my boobs through this whole process,lol  

7. To do chest weight training to try to keep my boobs,lol  

8. Did I mention that I still want boobs,lol.  

Funny story- Before I had my first child, I was skinny and flat chested. After I remember saying to the nurse, " when all is said and done, do I get to keep these?". She told me that I would probably be flater than I was before pregnancy. I was horrified, but she was wrong. I lost my weight from pregnancy and I was still a B cup (only an a before). With Mikayla I gained 60lbs., and was a doulble D. That was a little much, but I still wasn't complaining. So long story short, I waited until the age of 21 to get these and I don't much care for the idea of losing them,lol. I would never have surgery, I just wish I could wake up with C cup, perky boobs. Don't we all? I like the way they are right now, but I will admit that the other day I caught a glimpe of myself before taking a shower and they were lookin a bit smaller. I still have 20lbs. to lose. Ahhhhh!   

9. To have the confidence and the ability to do a mini marathon someday  

10. To be so healthy, that my I.B.S totally goes away from all the love, exercise and healthy foods I give it.   

11. To actually totally believe it when my dh tells me how beautiful and sexy I am.  

12. To be an example of a healthy person to my children  

13. To have others look at me and say, "Wow, she lost alot of weight".  

14. To not feel like the fat girl at the mall.  

15. To feel like I don't look too fat to rollerblade  

16. to be able to go to the closet and just fit into anything.  

17. To stop pulling at my clothes and trying to find tops that will cover my belly.  

18. To get back into my size 9 army pants. To get into all size 9's.   

19. To go on a trip to N.S next summer to meet my sister I never met before and feel confident and fit.  

20. To feel like ME again. To see in the mirror what I see on the inside.   

21. To wear a very sexy new dress to dh's x-mas party. I wish you and George could come with us too. That would be the best.  

22. I want to meet Melody on the Dr. Phil show after we reach our goal. How about it Dr. Phil?  

It's amazing how these came flying out of me. I guess I've been thinking of them for quite some time. Seems like you have as well.   

August 24, 2005, 9:34 am CDT

Melody

I'm off to have lunch. I can't wait to hear all bout your workout and how great you feel. 

Troy is off work tomorrow and Fri. and I'm ecstatic. I love having him home. He pitches in and that helps alot. 

Sherri 

August 24, 2005, 10:42 am CDT

Lunch

I had stir fry and brown rice for lunch.  And a glass of skim milk.  Gonna finish the rest of my workout when June goes down.  I guess once again I have shown myself that getting up right after she eats at 5am is the best bet for me. 

Melody 

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last