Message Boards

Topic : Serious Weight Loss - No excuses

Number of Replies: 15388
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, August 21, 2005, 07:32:20 am
Author : 29mom2beee
We want people who are positive and are very serious about losing weight, no excuses, just getting real and getting the weight off once and for all.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 24, 2005, 10:42 am CDT

Lunch

I had stir fry and brown rice for lunch.  And a glass of skim milk.  Gonna finish the rest of my workout when June goes down.  I guess once again I have shown myself that getting up right after she eats at 5am is the best bet for me. 

Melody 

August 24, 2005, 12:04 pm CDT

Well here I go again

I am making my second attempt to do my ie.  June is down and the race is on.  Will I or won't I succeed?  To be continued............ 

Melody 

August 24, 2005, 12:54 pm CDT

Got it done!!!!

I am done!!!! 

45 minutes lower body weights  

20 min Windsor pilates for abs 

I think I will go do a bit on my treadmill in a while.  It isn't a cardio day for me, but I just feel so energetic.  Talk to you so. 

Chow 

Melody 

August 24, 2005, 1:06 pm CDT

The way I am starting to feel,

I have noticed that when I look at food or think about what to eat now, I think about  it like, what is going to make me stronger.  How much protein do I need and am I eating my 7 servings of veggies and 2 to 3 fruits a day.  I am not in a battle with myself anymore.  Wanting to treat myself all the time.  Thinking of excuses as to why I needed it.                                                   

Now I am actually craving healthy foods.  When I think about how I would be driving home and sometimes I wasn't even hungry, but I would go through a drive thru, just to get a taste, knowing I was going to be eating supper when I got home.  I felt so guilty, wondering if the drive thru person was thinking to themselves, "Look how fat you are, you shouldn't be eating this"!!!   I would crave things for no reason.  And I would talk myself out of it at first, but I would give in most of the time.  Now I those same places that I felt drawn to, don't even phase me. 

When you truly take in this new lifestyle, I think you not only change the way you look, but you change how you see  and think about food.  It has a different purpose in my life now. 

Melody 

August 24, 2005, 2:37 pm CDT

Well Said!

Quote From: 29mom2be

Now we eat for nutritional reasons. The more time that passes, the less my body craves anything unhealthy. I can honestly say that I'm so strong and focused at this point, that if someone was beside me with my ex-fav. junk food, I would want a mango, or one of my fav. healthy treat. I think back to when my girls first started to have fav. foods and I would ask them if they would like a treat and I would give a bowl of strawberries or blueberries. I thought that would be a good idea, yet I didn't apply it to myself. Now I do. I bought 6 mangos and they looked awesome but expensive at $1.59 each, but I said, Well I'm going to treat myself. Imagine that! I shared one of them with mikayla this morning and it was so sweet and juicy that I would prefer it to candy and I USE to be a candy lover. Not anymore!!! I will not only eat this way until I get to my goal weight, I will always eat this way. I really truly love it.  

Time to make a fabulous dinner. Will post it later! 

Sherri 

August 24, 2005, 2:42 pm CDT

I love excerising outside!!!!

Well i got home, and wasn't into the idea of lifting weights in the basement.  So i told the wife i am going for a bike ride.   

I went for a hour and a half, rode 19.09 km in the wildlife area by our house.  It was great,  the paths there are mostly grass covered so you get no coasting time, have to keep pedaling.  It's so exciting to wonder what bird or wildlife will be around the next bend it makes you keep your speed up, and plus the fact there was super dark storm clouds off in the distance. 

About 3/4 of the way home the rain started it felt so good, after working up my sweet.  It's made me feel like a kid again, biking in the rain, racing to get home, with the wet mud building up on the tires,(  i not sure if it's a guy thing, but it fells awesome when nature can add so much more challenge to the bike ride and you just push though it) .  As i post this it's pouring outside, with make me fell even more energetic for pushing myself to get home before the rain. 

It was awesome today, with my healthy lunch,  I didn't even have a craving to stop for anything bed, which is very unusual, because i spend most my day driving, having to see every drive thru. 

I just want to state again the energy with the 2 of you is awesome and it makes me want to be part of the success.   

George 

August 24, 2005, 3:45 pm CDT

Awesome

Quote From: danamikayl

Now we eat for nutritional reasons. The more time that passes, the less my body craves anything unhealthy. I can honestly say that I'm so strong and focused at this point, that if someone was beside me with my ex-fav. junk food, I would want a mango, or one of my fav. healthy treat. I think back to when my girls first started to have fav. foods and I would ask them if they would like a treat and I would give a bowl of strawberries or blueberries. I thought that would be a good idea, yet I didn't apply it to myself. Now I do. I bought 6 mangos and they looked awesome but expensive at $1.59 each, but I said, Well I'm going to treat myself. Imagine that! I shared one of them with mikayla this morning and it was so sweet and juicy that I would prefer it to candy and I USE to be a candy lover. Not anymore!!! I will not only eat this way until I get to my goal weight, I will always eat this way. I really truly love it.  

Time to make a fabulous dinner. Will post it later! 

Sherri 

It is so nice to have supporters like you, who see eye to eye with me. 

Melody 

August 24, 2005, 3:46 pm CDT

Way to go George!!

Quote From: papageorge

Well i got home, and wasn't into the idea of lifting weights in the basement.  So i told the wife i am going for a bike ride.   

I went for a hour and a half, rode 19.09 km in the wildlife area by our house.  It was great,  the paths there are mostly grass covered so you get no coasting time, have to keep pedaling.  It's so exciting to wonder what bird or wildlife will be around the next bend it makes you keep your speed up, and plus the fact there was super dark storm clouds off in the distance. 

About 3/4 of the way home the rain started it felt so good, after working up my sweet.  It's made me feel like a kid again, biking in the rain, racing to get home, with the wet mud building up on the tires,(  i not sure if it's a guy thing, but it fells awesome when nature can add so much more challenge to the bike ride and you just push though it) .  As i post this it's pouring outside, with make me fell even more energetic for pushing myself to get home before the rain. 

It was awesome today, with my healthy lunch,  I didn't even have a craving to stop for anything bed, which is very unusual, because i spend most my day driving, having to see every drive thru. 

I just want to state again the energy with the 2 of you is awesome and it makes me want to be part of the success.   

George 

I am so proud of you!  You are doing a great job and come Monday you will see it on the scale.  We will do everything to keep you motivated.  I really enjoy reading your posts and love the way you have so much life in you when you are living healthy.  I love that little kid in you. 

Melody 

August 24, 2005, 3:52 pm CDT

Great supper!

George and I had a huge salad with lots of fresh garlic and tomatoes, a black berry, strawberry, and skim milk smoothie, and we each had three chicken legs.  I took the skin off all of them and shake "n" baked them.  They were great!  I usually do not like anything other then chicken breasts, but these were good with out the skin. 

Sherri how is your day going?  I bet you are getting excited about the new couch.  Well we are having a good day.  I sang happy birthday to Sabina over the phone.  I hate not having her here for her birthday.  I will survive I'm sure. 

Melody 

August 24, 2005, 4:10 pm CDT

Happy Birthday To Sabina!

Quote From: 29mom2beee

George and I had a huge salad with lots of fresh garlic and tomatoes, a black berry, strawberry, and skim milk smoothie, and we each had three chicken legs.  I took the skin off all of them and shake "n" baked them.  They were great!  I usually do not like anything other then chicken breasts, but these were good with out the skin. 

Sherri how is your day going?  I bet you are getting excited about the new couch.  Well we are having a good day.  I sang happy birthday to Sabina over the phone.  I hate not having her here for her birthday.  I will survive I'm sure. 

Melody 

Yes, that would be hard. On my kids birthdays I always reminisce about the day they were born. On Dana's last b-day, we lit sparklers at the time of her birth. It just happened that it was 9:43 at night. Mikayla was 1:43, so sparklers are out,lol. I'm sure you will have a great birthday with her when she gets home. We rarely ever celebrate anything on the same day. Last year we had x-mas 5 days early because I didn't want Dana to feel pulled between here and her dads. This year I don't think she'll be seeing him andI have big x-mas plans for my new lifestyle. I'm tired of xmas being so commercial, so I want to build memmories instead of toy chests,lol. I won't talk about xmas this early though. 

Sherri 

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last