Message Boards

Topic : Serious Weight Loss - No excuses

Number of Replies: 15388
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, August 21, 2005, 07:32:20 am
Author : 29mom2beee
We want people who are positive and are very serious about losing weight, no excuses, just getting real and getting the weight off once and for all.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 21, 2005, 7:45 am CDT

Hi Everyone!!!

Welcome to our site everyone who is serious about losing weight.  We are not on here to make excuses for the exercise we should be doing, but don't have time for or for the reasons why we ate bad today.  We are on here to tell each other how good we have done and to support each other when we are slipping.   

This site is for friendship and encouragment.  Everyone is welcome from anywhere?  We just want serious people who are not here just to complain and bring down others who are doing good.   

Melody 

August 21, 2005, 10:30 am CDT

Great idea!

I would love to join this board. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks that I have stayed on my plan. I've eaten very healthy foods and I'm learning to make healthy choices no matter where I go. I commit myself to ie 6 days a week. Sun. is optional. I do a paper route in the morning and it's made me accountable. I go biking for 1 hour after the papers and I usually go again around 7pm. This helps me to control my appetite. I'm happily married and have two beautiful daughters and a shih tzu. Eating right and exercise makes me feel more in control of my life. It helps me just as much mentally as physically. After 4 weeks I feel alive and in better control of life. I do more with my kids and I am more creative and think more creativly about things I want to do.  

Today is Sun. and an optional day off, but I miss my bike rides, so I went out with dd for about 30 min. and want to go later with dh and dd.  

I'm so pumped and excited about this board and will post again. 

Remember that you can press "subscribe to this subject" to find it easier when you come here. 

~Sherri~ 

So nice to meet you Melody,lol 

August 21, 2005, 10:32 am CDT

oops!

It's subscribe to this topic, not subject. 

Sherri 

August 21, 2005, 1:16 pm CDT

What a great day!!!

A new start is always refreshing.  Happy to have you here Sherri.  This site is exactly what I need. 

B-2 wheetabix w/skim milk and a banana 

L-a turkey smokie/no bun w/veggies and skim milk 

snack-fruit salad w/yougurt 

Water drank 8 glasses so far. 

Went for 2 hour bike ride.  Whew what a ride.  Feels great to be able to ride for so long now. 

Melody 

August 21, 2005, 1:40 pm CDT

Melody

A two hour bike ride sounds great. I love to bike and don't you just love those bike trailors. Who ever invented those must have been a parent. 

I just got home from running errands. I got back my new photos and I went to get the salmon on special but it was gone. I'll go back tomorrow though. I have to go look at my photos. I'll send you some. 

~Sherri~ 

August 21, 2005, 6:46 pm CDT

End of another great day!!!

Well I ate good today.  A little boring, but I need to do some shopping tomorrow. 

S-turkey smokie and salad w/lf ceasar dressing and skim milk and a fruit salad 

I am interested in seeing how our weight in go.  I know we will be down.  My add on goal will be to not eat after 6:30pm anymore, starting tomorrow.  I want to make this a new habit.  Going to bed now.  Want to get up early for that re-energizing morning workout.  Tomoorow is upperbody.  I LOVE working my upperbody and I think I will aim for a 3 mile walk. 

Chow everyone. 

Melody 

August 21, 2005, 7:43 pm CDT

Tomorrow is weigh in

I'll meet you here tomorrow for our weigh in. My goal starting tomorrow will be no eating after 7:30 and to go out biking both times (morning and evening). I think after our first challenge is over and we start another one, I will include weights. Dh is great with showing me new weight routines.  

Melody-I hope you are happy with your weigh in tomorrow. You've worked very hard this week and it will show.  

Sherri 

August 22, 2005, 3:46 am CDT

Melody

Weigh in day! This week I stayed the same, 160lbs. I'm not going to fret at all, I'm just going to work harder. I'm excited to hear about your weigh in. You only have 3 lbs. to go to reach your 10 lb. goal by Aug. 31st. We can do this. I have 4 stubborn lbs. to go and I'm going to step up my exercise today and I'm not eating past 7:30. Yesterday, I was very stuck to my computer chair,lol, so today I need to move. I will be back to check for you later. I'm going to get some housework and exercise done. See you later! 

~Sherri~ 

August 22, 2005, 3:57 am CDT

melody

How would anyone find this board? I went to the "search message boards" and I can't find our headline, can you?

August 22, 2005, 6:53 am CDT

weigh in day

I didn't lose as much as I would have liked to, but I was 225.4lbs last wee and this week I am 224lbs, a loss of 1.4lbs.  Not to bad.  I guess I lost alot of water the other week when I had such a huge drop.  I did have a few late suppers this past week, so no more eating after 6:30pm and I wanna try to get to bed sooner. 

I keep this page in my favorites, other wise you have to just go through the whole list alphbeticly.  Talk to you in abit. 

Melody 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last