Message Boards

Topic : Serious Weight Loss - No excuses

Number of Replies: 15388
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, August 21, 2005, 07:32:20 am
Author : 29mom2beee
We want people who are positive and are very serious about losing weight, no excuses, just getting real and getting the weight off once and for all.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 22, 2005, 10:36 am CDT

Workout Done!!!!

I did 25 min of Tae Bo, 150 crunches, 45min upperbody weights, and 300 TM squeezes. 

B-2 wheatabix w/skim milk, 4 egg whites w/gr peppers,onion,tomato 

L-tuna w/lf mayo on lettuce w/hot peppers and 2 glasses of tomato juice, and a glass of skim milk. 

Well the board is slow but I like the change.  I hope you are having a good Sherri.  Talk to you soon. 

Melody 

August 22, 2005, 11:29 am CDT

Dr. Phil Message of the day!!!

If you exercise on a regular basis, a rather phenomenon occurs: practically without being aware of it, you'll begin to experience a weakening desire to overeat or binge. 

The only thing worse about having nonsupportive relationships is to be in denial about those relationships. 

Those were 2 quotes from my Dr.Phil calendar. 

Melody 

August 22, 2005, 12:26 pm CDT

lots done today!

I have eaten really well today, but not enough veggies. When dh gets home, we are going to go to a local farm to get some corn, peaches and green beans. I'm finding it really hard to find blueberries. I can only find BC blueberries and they have mold on them. For dinner we are having the above mentioned veggies, skinless chicken breast and brown rice. I will stop eating by 7:30. I usually have a night time snack, so we will see if this makes a difference. I read that you can lose 3lbs just by not eating in the evenings. I don't remember how long it said it takes though. I'm sure everyone is different.  

Sherri 

August 22, 2005, 3:02 pm CDT

Feeling Strong

Well I just wanted to post how good I feel today.  I feel strong and I feel like I have started a new life.  One that is healthy, one that doesn't use food to make it happy or to deal with stress, but one that uses food to nourish and heal and energize it my body.  Every time I eat now I think to myself, do I want this to become a part of my body, eating is such an intimate thing.  Everything you eat becomes a part of you, everything. 

Melody 

August 22, 2005, 3:04 pm CDT

Supper

S-chili w/one slice toast and a glass of skim milk and a small salad 

I am getting lots of stuff done around the house with all of the energy I have from eating healthy and exercising....what an awesome feeling. 

Melody 

August 22, 2005, 3:54 pm CDT

Dr. Phil says

IF YOU EAT TOO FAST, YOU WON'T FEEL FULL UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE!!! 

August 22, 2005, 5:28 pm CDT

Dr.Phil says

Decreasing access and exposure to foods is a big deal, it works, and it has been scientifically verified to work.

August 22, 2005, 5:34 pm CDT

Dr.Phil says

Have the willingness and courage to throw off your past, go over your weight-control goals, and pursue a life that is defined as healthy and fit.

August 22, 2005, 5:47 pm CDT

I love this post!

Quote From: 29mom2beee

Well I just wanted to post how good I feel today.  I feel strong and I feel like I have started a new life.  One that is healthy, one that doesn't use food to make it happy or to deal with stress, but one that uses food to nourish and heal and energize it my body.  Every time I eat now I think to myself, do I want this to become a part of my body, eating is such an intimate thing.  Everything you eat becomes a part of you, everything. 

Melody 

You are saying what I'm feeling. I went for my bike ride and I thought of you. You were in my head making me accountable and just knowing that someone out there was feeling what I was, really helped alot. When I was leaving it started to rain and I thought of you and I thought if I come home and tell her that I didn't go because of a few sprinkles, she's gonna kick my butt,lol. I went and after a min. the rain stopped and it was like God was saying, ok Sherri, your making the effort and I will too,lol. I felt amazing. The cool breeze felt great and I had an hour of complete solitude to think what I want my life to be like and I thought, this is it. I love how I feel. Even though I worry to much and stress myself out, I truly feel happy.  

I loved what you said about what you now think when you eat something and I'm going to say that to myself everytime I put something in my mouth. I'm wanting to cut out diet pop, so I will say that tomorrow and see if I want to put this crap into my new temple,lol 

Sherri. 

August 22, 2005, 5:54 pm CDT

Dinner-Yummy

For dinner I had my version on chicken parmesan. I wanted to post it. 

Preheat to 375 

Skinless chicken breast placed in shallow pan, uncovered 

Pour spaghetti sauce over it. I make my own using tomato sauce, tomato paste, fresh chopped garlic and italian seasoning, or basil and oregano. I make a huge batch and freeze in containers and I can use this for many dishes.  

Then I bake for 40 min., take it out and sprinkle soy mozzeralla cheese over top and bake for another 5 min. Voila!  

I also had corn on the cob and green beans. 

I quit eating just before 6:30. I had originally set my time for 7:30 which doesn't make sense for me because I go biking at 7pm and I need time to digest.  

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last