Message Boards

Topic : Serious Weight Loss - No excuses

Number of Replies: 15388
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, August 21, 2005, 07:32:20 am
Author : 29mom2beee
We want people who are positive and are very serious about losing weight, no excuses, just getting real and getting the weight off once and for all.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 22, 2005, 5:56 pm CDT

I agree

Quote From: 29mom2beee

Have the willingness and courage to throw off your past, go over your weight-control goals, and pursue a life that is defined as healthy and fit.
Willingness and courage should be a key in itself!

August 22, 2005, 5:58 pm CDT

Key 3

Decreasing access and exposure to foods is a big deal, it works, and it has been scientifically verified to work.

yes, we have to keep our environment clean. We don't want junk going into the bodies of people we love either. I keep my environment clean. Dh and kids still have an occasional treat, but nothing like it used to be and they support me by not bringing anything into the house I like. It helps me a great deal.  

Sherri 

August 22, 2005, 6:03 pm CDT

For sure!

IF YOU EAT TOO FAST, YOU WON'T FEEL FULL UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE!!! 

I have read and agree- You should wait at least 20 min. after you eat before reaching for more. Your brain needs time to get the signal that you are full.  

Melody- your posts are blowing me away. We are so on the same page. I'm so glad to have you as my weight loss buddy. This is great. You are smart and funny, just like me,lol. 

Sherri 

August 22, 2005, 6:40 pm CDT

No eating after 6:30pm

Well the first night with no snacking after supper is going great.  I am not even thinking about food.  I will have a better sleep and be ready to work hard on my new self in the morning.  It will just become habit to not eat after 6:30pm once I have done it for a while. 

We will have to start a new challenge for September.  George wants to join us for it, 

Melody 

August 22, 2005, 6:44 pm CDT

Motivating other people

Now that I am doing so good my DH wants to start working out to.  He is getting up with me tomorrow morning.  I like it when we workout together.  I feel we both work harder.  Plus it gives you someone in the house to help motivate you.  Well I will let you know how it goes tomorrow. 

Melody 

August 22, 2005, 7:05 pm CDT

DH

Now that I am doing so good my DH wants to start working out to.  He is getting up with me tomorrow morning.  I like it when we workout together.  I feel we both work harder.  Plus it gives you someone in the house to help motivate you.  Well I will let you know how it goes tomorrow. 

Melody 

yes, this will help you a great deal. Dh and I did that for 2 months together. I loved it. The problem was when would slipped the other followed. No more slips like the last one for me though. I know dh will be back on with me soon. He already eats much better because I've cleaned the environment for the most part. There is still some junk, but none I like. I think it's great if the whole family does it together because then it's a family change. Kids can be super supportive too.

August 22, 2005, 7:06 pm CDT

photos!

I would love to see a photo of you and George together some time, but if your not comfortable with showing your photo, that's fine.

August 22, 2005, 7:08 pm CDT

working out together!

if you do a special workout after your regular workout, you can burn another 200 calories,lol and it will keep dh interested in working out together all the time,lol.

August 22, 2005, 7:17 pm CDT

Welcome George!

Well the first night with no snacking after supper is going great.  I am not even thinking about food.  I will have a better sleep and be ready to work hard on my new self in the morning.  It will just become habit to not eat after 6:30pm once I have done it for a while. 

We will have to start a new challenge for September.  George wants to join us for it, 

Melody 

I think a man on the board would be a welcome change. It would be nice to hear a mans side to weightloss and it would encourage other men, like my dh,lol.  

If you like we could always start a new challenge now to include George. It sounds like he's pumped and ready to start tomorrow. It brings a marriage closer together when we do things together. When I quit smoking and Troy didn't, it was hard because we told each other we would do it together. When I went through with it and he didn't, it was hard, but I had to realize that every person is different and it took me 7 years to quit. So long story short, he quit when he was ready and now I'm so glad we both are non smokers.  

Sherri 

August 22, 2005, 7:19 pm CDT

Welcome George!

Quote From:

I think a man on the board would be a welcome change. It would be nice to hear a mans side to weightloss and it would encourage other men, like my dh,lol.  

If you like we could always start a new challenge now to include George. It sounds like he's pumped and ready to start tomorrow. It brings a marriage closer together when we do things together. When I quit smoking and Troy didn't, it was hard because we told each other we would do it together. When I went through with it and he didn't, it was hard, but I had to realize that every person is different and it took me 7 years to quit. So long story short, he quit when he was ready and now I'm so glad we both are non smokers.  

Sherri 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last