Message Boards

Topic : Serious Weight Loss - No excuses

Number of Replies: 15388
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, August 21, 2005, 07:32:20 am
Author : 29mom2beee
We want people who are positive and are very serious about losing weight, no excuses, just getting real and getting the weight off once and for all.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 23, 2005, 8:52 am CDT

Melody

Quote From: 29mom2beee

Just having a bit of a down day today.  Not going to eat bad though.  Surprisingly, I am not even thinking about food, which in some strange way is actually making feel a bit better, because I think this is the first time I have been stressed and not turned to food.  I just needed to get out of that bed and come down here and leave a post. 

Sherri thanks for the health site.  I haven't read it yet, but I will.  I just want to thank you again for your support and for just being the kind of person you are.  I need someone like you in my life.  Someone to push me and make me do this.  I know I couldn't do it on my own, without this support.  The funny thing is, I have never even met you and have only known you for a short time, yet I feel like my success means alot to you and seeing you get to your goals means alot to me.  So once again thanks. 

Melody 

That post meant alot to me. Our success means a great deal to me. If one of us falls, I feel that we would let the other down. I think of you when I make my food choices or exercise. I know all the hard work is up to each other to do, but we need this support.  

With me, I'm not going to tell you it's ok to eat junk when it won't help you get to your goal. I want to help you find substitutes for what you crave. I will not get upset with if you cheat once in awhile, but I will get on your case about it because I know that one slip can lead to many more. We are smart enough to know what works and what doesn't. We know how to do this, so we just need to "Get it done", as you so wisely stated. We are doing so great together

Don't worry about your blah day. They will come and go. Just watch your choices and I know you are. That's great that you said, you don't want to turn to food. 

Sherri 

August 23, 2005, 9:55 am CDT

Lunch

Well I think I am going to have left over chili from last night.  It is so spicy, I love it.  I find when I eat spicy food that you don't over eat because you drink so much water with it, you get full faster, plus I tend to eat it slower, so I get full faster.  I make my chili with alot of veggies so it is very healthy and I usually put three kinds of beans in it. 

For supper I think I am going to make a chicken stir-fry with some brown rice. That is also one of my favorites. 

It is so nice to have a weight loss partner that is actually on the same page as me. 

Melody 

August 23, 2005, 10:01 am CDT

Pilates

Have you ever tried pilates.  I have the Winsor Pilates tapes, they are great.  I rally noticed a change in my thighs and abs when I was using them before.  I have dug them out and am going to start on them today.  They are a killer, but they get easier as you do them more often. 

Melody 

August 23, 2005, 11:23 am CDT

Chili

Well I think I am going to have left over chili from last night.  It is so spicy, I love it.  I find when I eat spicy food that you don't over eat because you drink so much water with it, you get full faster, plus I tend to eat it slower, so I get full faster.  I make my chili with alot of veggies so it is very healthy and I usually put three kinds of beans in it. 

For supper I think I am going to make a chicken stir-fry with some brown rice. That is also one of my favorites. 

It is so nice to have a weight loss partner that is actually on the same page as me. 

Melody 

I would love your recipe for chili. I love chili and I haven't made it since the winter. It would be a nice change. I also love stir frys. Sounds like we can both cook too. Troy says it was why he wanted to marry me,lol. I don't think he was kidding,lol

August 23, 2005, 11:25 am CDT

Pilates

Have you ever tried pilates.  I have the Winsor Pilates tapes, they are great.  I rally noticed a change in my thighs and abs when I was using them before.  I have dug them out and am going to start on them today.  They are a killer, but they get easier as you do them more often. 

Melody 

I have tried pilates in the winter. I started it for I.B.S. I didn't stick with it, but I may try it again in the winter months.

August 23, 2005, 12:15 pm CDT

apple cin. shake

I had this for my afternoon snack. We are about to go out and I didn't want to be tempted. I have one for you too. I really liked this one. 

1 cup van. soy 

1 scoop protein powder 

1 frozen banana. I peel it, cut it, then freeze in a baggie. I always have lots in my freezer.  

fresh or frozen pineapple. I cut a fresh one in pieces, then freeze it on a cookie sheet a bit apart, so the pieces don't freeze togther, then I put them in baggies.  

about 2 tablespoons fortified orange juice 

Blend away 

Voila! 

August 23, 2005, 4:28 pm CDT

Kitchen is stocked

We went out and did groceries and I just love it when the kitchen is filled with things I love.  

Dinner was 1 cup blueberries, 1 peach, spinach tortellini mixed with frozen veggies and tomato and basil dressing (low cal). Then I had my version of strawberry icecream. I take about 1/2 cup of mashed thawed strawberries and about 2 tbsp of 95% fat free coolwhip. I find frozen berries the best because they have lots of juice when you thaw and mash them.  

I didn't stop eating dinner until 7:15 because we got home later. I still need to go for my nightly bike. Dana is going with me. She's faster than I am,lol, so she'll challenge me.  

We took the kids to show them the new couch and they loved it. We all have our spots picked,lol and it's kind of funny that we all wanted a different spot. My spot will still be the computer chair though,lol.  

Sherri 

August 23, 2005, 5:29 pm CDT

I am up for a challenge

Well i am ready to lose some weight,  I want to do this for myself, my wife and my kids.   I also have to do it, because my wife has been working out and is starting to look even hotter then she already is, so i must ship up, so i don't have to listen to people say " Why is that sexy woman with that guy?". 

This morning i weighed 225. Ouch, it hurts to type that.   Well i know with the energy on this board it will be easy to get rid of it.  Since i have been reading the posts on here, I find it easier to say no to bad foods. 

I also want to help support my wifes weight lose by getting rid of any cravings i have for bad food. 

So i will spend the next week working on losing weight, then i will join next months challenge.  And i know with the great Vibe on the board it will happen. 

George 

August 23, 2005, 6:18 pm CDT

Chili Recipe

Well I don't really have a chili recipe.  I kind of throw what ever I have into a pot and voila, there you have it CHILI.  I usually start with can tomatoes and then add onions, garlic, pepper (red, green, yellow or whatever I have in the fridge), sometimes mushrooms, then I add carrots  sometimes and spices like cumin, corriander, tumeric, and chili powder, red chiliies and sometimes chipolte, I add kidney beans oe chickpeas or both.  Or black beans.  I really just go with what I have and throw it all in. 

Melody 

August 23, 2005, 6:21 pm CDT

Ate After 6:30pm

Well I got home late and was done eating at 7:01pm.  Bad me.  I spent to much time out grocery shopping and paying bills.  You know how much fun that can be, easy to get carried away...lol.  So this is my confession. 

Melody 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last