Message Boards

Topic : 08/29 Secret Lives of Single Moms

Number of Replies: 32
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, August 25, 2005, 03:50:22 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Being a single mother is hard enough, but imagine juggling soccer practice, PTA meetings and homework ... all while trying to cover up a secret life. Susan is a single mom with two kids who works as a prostitute to pay the bills. She says she's never had a real job in her life and is addicted to the money. Can Susan say goodbye to her dangerous job and turn her life around? Then, Stephanie's a single mother of four who's been hiding her secret for 12 years. She's addicted to painkillers and takes 60 times the recommended dosage just to make it through the day. Fearing for their lives and the lives of their children, they both turn to Dr. Phil. Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 17, 2005, 7:59 pm CST

I need help (anyone out there?)

October 28, 2006, 5:40 am CDT

08/29 Secret Lives of Single Moms

HI MY NAME IS STACY  AND I AM A 31 YEAR OLD MOTHER OF 2 (5YR & 3YR). I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 4 1/2 YEARS TO A WONDERFUL MAN. I PREVIOUSLY HAD BEEN MARRIED 2 TIMES AND OBVIOUSLY DIVORCED. I KNOW I HAVE NO MORE WORSE PROBLEMS THAN ANYONE ELSE. I WAS 18 WHEN I STARTED TAKING VICODIN FOR ENDOMETRIOSIS. I AM THE YOUNGEST OF 5 AND THE ONLY GIRL WITH THE MOST WONDERFUL PARENTS ANYONE COULD EVER ASK FOR. I ASK MYSELF EVERYDAY WHY WITH THE LOVING HOUSEHOLD I GREW UP IN AND THE CONSTANT PATS WHAT MAKES ME HAVE SUCH A HUGE VOID. I WAS MOLESTED FROM THE AGE OF 5-11YRS BY MY BROTHER AND IN THE PAST YEAR I HAVE COME TO A POINT WHERE I THINK I FORGIVE HIM AND I'M ABLE TO BE IN A ROOM WITH HIM AND NOT BE PISSED OR SCARED. WHEN I WAS GOING THROUGH MY SECOND DIVORCE I STARTED TAKING THE PILLS FOR PLEASURE RATHER THAN PAIN. EVER SINCE I HAVE BEEN IN THIS WIRLWIND OF A LIVING HELL IN MY OWN MIND. I HAVE BEEN TO A CLINIC FOR 2 WEEKS AND SINCE HAVE FAILED MISERABLY 3 TIMES IN RELAPSING.

IN THE PAST 10 DAYS I HAVE BEEN CLEAN. MY HUSBAND FOUND OUT AND WE ARE UNDERSTANDABLE IN TROUBLE WITH OUR MARRIAGE (OBVIOUSLY DUE TO ME). I NEED LOTS OF HELP UNDERSTANDING WHY ? NOT WHY ME, BECAUSE WHY NOT ME? JUST WHY WITH EVERYTHING I EVER WANTED I INSIST ON DESTROYING IT ALL. I REALLY NEED MORE INSIGHT ON WHY WE DO THE THINGS WE DO TO OURSELVES...

I HOPE I CAN MAKE A FEW FRIENDS IN ALL OF THIS. PLEASE GIVE SOME INSIGHT...

THANK YOU 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next Page | Last Page