Message Boards

Topic : 08/31 Reunited, Part 2

Number of Replies: 13
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, August 25, 2005, 04:24:57 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Dr. Phil follows up with Susan, who recently confronted her high school bully and reunited with the daughter she placed for adoption 27 years ago. See the surprising twist in her relationships with these two women. Plus, Michelle hasn't seen her older sister in 22 years, since discovering that they were actually mother and daughter. Can they bridge the gap and start over? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 2, 2005, 11:22 am CDT

Being an egg donor doesn't make you a mother!!

Quote From: lisamays

I agree with your comments. It is sad that her daughter hasn't made anymore contact with her, but I got the feeling her biological mother wasn't what she expected. Even if Judy didn't want to keep up with her she should have atleast called and said "I'm not ready for this yet." Instead of leaving her mom to think she had done somthing wrong again.

Mom.....daughter.....I think you're using these terms too freely. 

I can guess that Judy does have plenty of contact with her mother (that would be the mother who raised her, who loved her, who changed her dirty diapers, etc. etc. etc.) 

A genetic connection doesn't in ANY way create a mother/daughter bond. 

Once again, we're left to feel sorry for "poor Susan".  What a sad existence. 

And remember, there's always more than meets the eye.    

September 13, 2005, 10:17 am CDT

Problem with posting on message boards

Is that YOU don't know the whole story either.  

September 13, 2005, 9:16 pm CDT

08/31 Reunited, Part 2

My impression of the daughter: she thinks she is better than her biological mother. It would seem she had a set of parents that catered to her. How nice for her that she has the self-esteem to evidently not need her bio mother...She came on the show thinking she was 'doing a favor' by appearing.  The mother does not have very much self-esteem, obviously.Bottom line, I think she was rude and selfish not to call the mother after she had agreed to dinner together. Perhaps she hurt the mother just because she could. Who knows. She had to have known the effect it would have on the mother to not call. Shame on her.

First | Prev | 2 | Next Page | Last Page