Message Boards

Topic : 09/01 Family Intervention

Number of Replies: 47
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, August 25, 2005, 04:27:35 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Andrew, 18, has been clean and sober for seven months and is trying to rebuild his life. Now, he wants an intervention for his family before it's too late. His mother is abusing Xanax and sleeps all day. His father is either abusive or simply absent, and his brother struggles to stay out of jail. Desperate to save his family, Andrew reaches out to Dr. Phil. Talk about the show and share your thoughts here. 

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 1, 2005, 2:26 pm CDT

hello

Hello Andrew and Family,   

My name is Teralynn...I'm really proud of you Andrew that takes alot to do what you did. I hope that you and your family are better off now. I don't know if I could be that strong to face my family like that but it seems as though you had really had enough. And to your brother AC...it is clear that you do want help along with your mother...My heart really does go out to you all...I am so sorry that your family had to go through this, but I do believe that you will come out stronger although your brother Josh and dad weren't there...I hope everything works out for the best...  

All my love,  

Teralynn  

September 1, 2005, 2:41 pm CDT

Just One More Thing

If you ever want to talk...I have AIM ejsoftballer11...or yahoo IM...teradactyl_11...anytime you want to talk I'm here..bye!!

September 1, 2005, 2:46 pm CDT

ANDREW/ELVIS

WOW ARE YOU EVER GOOD LOOKING!!!!! NO I'M NOT MAKING A PLAY I'LL BE 50 IN A FEW WEEKS............YOU COULD GIVE ELVIS A RUN FOR HIS MONEY IF YOU CAN SING!!!!
YOU ARE TRUELY AMAZING.  WHAT YOU HAVE DONE FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY.  THE THREE OF YOU WILL HELP THE OTHER 2 SEE THE NEED FOR CHANGES IN THEMSELVES.  DON'T GIVE UP AND GOD'S BLESSINGS ON YOUR FAMILY.  ....MELISSA IN CHARLOTTE, NC

September 1, 2005, 3:23 pm CDT

Thank you!

i want to thank all of you for your feed back and support. i love the positive things yall said about my family and i. im sorry i didnt say much but if yall can only imagine, my mind is goin a million miles an hour right now. we send our love and prayers to all of you and i hope we touched lives. keep us in your prayers.      -andrew(jer. 29:11-14)

September 1, 2005, 4:21 pm CDT

Young and Confused

Well today i only caught the very end of the show about a guy who was recovered and wanting to help his family recover. i heard there was a discussion online and wanted to join in. I am a 19 year old girl from california who kind of needs help. I do not do drugs or alcohol because i see what it does to people.  My grandfather is a recovered alcoholic, sober for 21 years, and my uncle steve god rest his soul was a recovered drug addict. My father is a continuing alcoholic as well as my mother who has a drug problem as well but will not admit it and will not get help for it.  I have a hard time seeing them do these things to  themselves, in fact it is killing me, i am scared for them, i dont know if they do not realize what they are doing to themselves and to our family.  Neither one of them will listen to what we have to say (meaning myself, my 4 brothers, and my grandparents) or even let us help them. if you have any suggestions or comments please let me know. i need all the advice i can get.    thanks

September 1, 2005, 4:22 pm CDT

09/01 Family Intervention

Quote From: soldier

i want to thank all of you for your feed back and support. i love the positive things yall said about my family and i. im sorry i didnt say much but if yall can only imagine, my mind is goin a million miles an hour right now. we send our love and prayers to all of you and i hope we touched lives. keep us in your prayers.      -andrew(jer. 29:11-14)

I have watched Dr. Phil quite a bit, but never had a story touch close to home. My situation is definetly not as dire, but substance abuse is an issue in my family as well as the abuse and fighting, and I as well was drinking with my parents at a young age. I am 26 now, have become a Christian and am trying to build a new life without the fighting and substance abuse. My new Husband and I came from troubled backgrouds and are trying to stop the generational sin in our lives but are stuggling tremendously, though we are in counselling. I just want to thank you for sharing your story, and I will pray for your success in the future. You depicted great strength on TV, and you brother and mother are amazing for getting behind you on this journey. 

September 1, 2005, 4:28 pm CDT

Amazing Family!

I can honestly say that I care about this family succeeding more than any other guests of Dr. Phil.  I commend A.C. and his mother, I imagine it takes a lot of courage to come and face the facts of their family.  I know that Andrew must be a blessing from God for this family.  I WILL keep this family in my prayers.  I hope that soon your family legacy will be love and forgiveness.

September 1, 2005, 5:23 pm CDT

Dear Saundra

Hi 

My name is Monique.  I have never posted a message on Dr Phil before but watch the shows every day.  This show hit very close to home for me.  I was abused physically by my father.  Both parents were either drug additicted or alcohol addicted and I, myself, were addicted to men that abused me, just as my father did my mother and me and my siblings.  My ex once said to me that "he never hit me he choked me and that was different".  He said, "my mother put up with it from my father and so shall you." and I did for seven years.  It wasn't until one day while sitting in a rocking chair with my daughter that a light came on.  I left and never turned back.   

I am married five years now and have three daughters.  I am in a very happy marriage with growing daughters who will know what real love is.  Do this for your family.  Leaving may not be your answer, but love to your sons should be.  Love toyourself.  You deserve it.  You do...you really do. 

If you keep the train on the same track it's on...AJ will be the next abuser of woman and Andrew, the next me.  I have so much hatred for my family still...which I continue to work through.  Dr. Phils show helps with that. 

I will keep you and your family in my thought and wish you and your family love and life. 

Monique 

September 1, 2005, 5:43 pm CDT

To Your

You have a beautiful family.  I hope the other two family members joined in the effort to become "one".  You are all SOOOO beautiful.  I have two boys 4 and 7, and I just could not imagine them treating me badly, or especially each other.  I am sure your mom didn't anticipate this when you were young either.  I have not read Dr. Phils book yet, but I am planning on it now.  My brother passed away this past January and it is devastating to my AND my husband.  Family is so important, as you grow older, grandparents, parents, and uncles will be gone and siblings are all you will have.  You are young, but are become so important in each others' lives.  Love each other, find each other, find God, and treasure each other in your lives.  On the show, I saw you looking right into each others' eyes and that leads me to believe you are sincere with each other.  Love your mother.  She loves you unconditionally, and there is a bond that cannot be explained.  My prayers are with you, and I certainly learned something today...it doesn't matter how beautiful you are on the outside, you need love on the inside.  It may have been missing, but you are now on the road to re-discovering your loving family.  Blessings, love and strength to you all!   

September 1, 2005, 5:45 pm CDT

09/01 Family Intervention

Andrew~  

What u did for ur family is truly amazing. it must have taken a ton of strength and courage to confront your them like you did. i wish you and your family the best of luck in the future.  congradulations on everything that you have accomplished for yourself and them.o and like alot of the other comments say u are completly gorgeous.  

~caligurl~  

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next | Last