Message Boards

Topic : 09/01 Family Intervention

Number of Replies: 47
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, August 25, 2005, 04:27:35 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Andrew, 18, has been clean and sober for seven months and is trying to rebuild his life. Now, he wants an intervention for his family before it's too late. His mother is abusing Xanax and sleeps all day. His father is either abusive or simply absent, and his brother struggles to stay out of jail. Desperate to save his family, Andrew reaches out to Dr. Phil. Talk about the show and share your thoughts here. 

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 1, 2005, 3:28 am CDT

Congratulations Andrew!

Dear Andrew,  

Congratulations on your recent success dealing with your alcohol addiction!  

Congratulations on helping your family to begin their journey coming clean from drugs and alcohol!  

Congratulations on seeing what your family needed and bringing them to a place where they can be helped!  

Congratulations on becoming a strong healthy young man who will make a difference in this world!  

I hope your Father and Joshua take up the offer Dr Phil has extended to them and that with time and effort your family will become a phenomenal one!  

Good luck for the future!  

Lavinia 

September 1, 2005, 9:25 am CDT

09/01 Family Intervention

My biggest respect to andrew, stay strong the way you were in the show, and just know, that sometimes it gets hard and difficult to go through difficulties in life, even if you feel, you're near to soil your pants, the secret is to know what you want, especially what you want for yourself, you have done the first step, and as i believe, there were not only one step, you've helped your mother and brother, you've done your job man, now it's their choices what they make out of it, and i wish, that the show was a start to a succesfull future. I really hope as well, that your return to home was human, and if it was troublesome, i hope for you that you have somehow a backup to continue enjoying your acquiered inner peace, with or without your father and joe  

to the mother and AC, it might get tough first, but know that the light at the end of the tunnel that andrew showed you, is not just a fuzzy hallucination, it really is a way out to clearance and to get you to make you reach the goals you want, congratulations to you to  

September 1, 2005, 10:38 am CDT

Yeah! Saundra!

Saundra, 

Having met you recently through our friend's divorce hearing, I know the progress you have made since the show was taped.  I want to tell you how special you are.  To go from where you were to  where you are today is amazing  - you even look like a totally different person! 

Judy 

September 1, 2005, 11:01 am CDT

Congratulations To Saundra, Andrew, A.C. and Josh!

Congratulations on your new journey in your lives!  We are so very proud to know you and of the fact you all had the bravery to share your lives.  You are going to help a lot of people turn their lives around with the courage you have shown being willing to work hard to change yours.

Your proud friends the "J" family

September 1, 2005, 12:33 pm CDT

Props to Andrew

Andrew, you are such an amazing young man. Great job today on the show. I can only hope and pray that your intervention does good for you and your family. I can only wish you the best of luck in the future. Don't sell yourself short due to your upbringings and learn from your parents mistakes when you go to have a family of your own. Keep your chin up, reach for the stars, and don't let anyone tell you that you can't. Keep your life in order and be happy and proud of yourself for ALL that you do. Make decisions based on what YOU want and what YOU need. If you're ever in Michigan give me a call you would be amazing to talk to.   

AC and Saundra, take your son/brothers lead. It's sad that the baby of the family had to do what he did. Not the parent, or the oldest child, it was the baby. Saundra obviously you did something right in raising him. Do what is best for YOU. Each of you. Listen to Dr. Phil's advice and know that there is refuge in the Lord.   

Great job Andrew. You are amazing.   

September 1, 2005, 1:29 pm CDT

Andrew

Wow, not only are u a strong person but you are gorgeous. All of us Hokie girls were very impressed. Do you need a new girlfriend to go with your new life?

September 1, 2005, 1:47 pm CDT

Dear Andrew,

This is the first time that i have wrote into Dr. Phil. Actually I just decided to regester due to the face that i wanted to send a message to Andrew and his family.   

When watching you today, all i could do was nod at everything that was said. You and I have had the same life on so many different levels. The courage that it must take to go on national television and lay it all out for the world to see is not something that i would be strong enough to do, but i think that it is amazing that you were able to.   

I wanted to grab you from the t.v and just give you a huge hug. . . I know what your feeling, and i know that it is so difficult for you to not use what is happening in your life as how you define yourself... Dont ever let this define who you are.   

You are so beautiful, smart, full of so much courage and promise... I admire you for your ability to deal with what i still struggle with. Thanks for helping to remind me that i am not the only one who has dealt with this... Thanks Andrew.   

September 1, 2005, 1:51 pm CDT

Best wishes to all of you.

This show especially touched me.  I wish I had seen it before my mother passed away seven years overdosing on pain pills.  I respect Dr. Phil and your family for bringing this topic out in the open.  My mother spent days on end asleep, in bed, on medication.  I have been going to counseling for a few years now and have a successful career, a beautiful wonderful family.  Sometimes it feels familar to be sad or stuck in old ways of negative thinking.  Be strong together and try to make the most of this sweet life we have.

September 1, 2005, 2:05 pm CDT

Congrats Andrew!!!

Hi Andrew and Family!!! Congrats on everything you have done and will do,,it takes alot of strength to not only do that for yourself but that you care soooo much for your family that you are willingto help them to.....browneyedjess21 yahoo messenger name..If you ever want to talk..and your are such a super cute guy..so dont take amything but the best--love ya-Jess   Hi Dr. Phil me and my roomate love you!!! oh and hi Robin!!! 

September 1, 2005, 2:17 pm CDT

Hey Andrew...

I just have to start by sayin that I watch Dr. Phil daily, and am touched at times, but never before have I been touched in the way that I was today by watching your story.  First of all, I must tell U that what U did today by bringing your family just blew me away!! I have been in a similar environment and I know how "pride" plays into getting help and by you doing that truly shows how much heart and strength you have and also shows how much u really love your family. I wish you all the best and i know there is hope for you and your family, believe me, i am 23 and just came out of that environment about a year ago, believe me, I know how hard and impossible it may feel at times, but keep your head up and everything will turn out fine! I wish you and your family all the best, the courage your Mom and brother showed as well was very touching, once again, all the best to all of you!!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next | Last