Message Boards

Topic : 09/02 "I Hate Myself"

Number of Replies: 63
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, August 25, 2005, 04:29:48 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Women often say, "I wish I was skinny," or "Do I look fat?" But what does it mean for their daughters? Michelle says her 13-year-old, Megan, spends most of her time looking in the mirror and picking herself apart. Her self-hatred is starting to take its toll on their family. Then, Tisha has struggled with her weight and low self-esteem all of her life. Now she fears that she's passing those issues down to her 8-year-old who weighs herself every day and calls herself fat. Plus, 19-year-old Irene lost 80 pounds, but says she's still unhappy. Along with supermodel Daisy Fuentes, Dr. Phil offer tools to help raise your daughter's self-esteem. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 9, 2005, 11:12 am CST

Worried about my Kid Sister

I'm worried that my Sister might become Annorexic.  When she comes over for Dinner, she puts very little food on her plate.  Than after she eats, she says, "I'm stuffed!  Look at my Big Belly!"  I shake my head when it happens, because I fear that it can turn into something more.

December 28, 2005, 11:56 am CST

Who cares

Im 15byears old and have always been skinny but all my friends are all bigger then i am and some of them arwe overwieght, i love them just as much as my other friends and there all the same. You shbould only loose eight if it is unhealthy not because u want to be so called "perfect" singers and actrases ae all fake who cares what they look like, why dont they put bigger people on tv.

November 20, 2006, 6:44 pm CST

09/02 "I Hate Myself"

The pressure is so high to stay thin. Especially for people like me, who's goal in life is to become a singer/actress/model. It's a good thing they have the new 'No models under 120lbs' rule now, but I still feel the pressure. I suffer in silence. This is the first time I actually open up about this insecurity I still have. People know I was anorexic two years ago, it was only too obvious. But they think I'm better, all because I've gained my weight back. But I still feel like I'm bigger than I should be. It's so hard looking at all the successful artists out there, thin as toothpicks, and you're sitting here, watching them, clinging onto your 130lbs worth of blubber, wishing it weren't there. I don't think I'm fat, I just think I'm overweight. The show really showcases how parents influence their children. And it's also so true. I used to work at Starbucks, and we'd have these no more than 13-year-old girls come and order nonfat lattes. They're still in puberty, they need their calcium like anyone else does, and they also need that fat. But who am I to speak.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next Page | Last Page