Message Boards

Topic : 09/06 "Fighting For My Children" Follow-Up

Number of Replies: 40
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 02, 2005, 11:04:25 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1

When they last appeared on the show, Linda and Michael were in a heated custody battle. Linda was struggling to reclaim her children from Michael, who's not the biological father, and who used to be a woman. The ex-couple met with a mediator to sort through their custody issues, but were they able to put their animosity aside? Plus, hear the dramatic conclusion of a 10-year court battle between a grandmother fighting to maintain custody of her 13-year-old grandson, and the biological mother who wants him back. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 3, 2005, 2:51 pm CDT

your Children.

I know you've heard this before? But the children come first. Weather their children from 1yr to 12 they then have a voice to express them selfs then. But no matter any child should be first and fore most in the family. they should be ashamed of themselfs. 

It dose not matter if he was a her or a he,or if he's the real father or not kids are kids 

they have feelings I'm sure for him. You can't talk about this person to them or tell them whats happen in their lifes and if you think your doing the best for them, think 

again.. shame, shame on you. 

Mrs. Theresa Lee 

September 3, 2005, 10:26 pm CDT

Shame on the Judgemental

It makes no difference if she's a he or was an it!! Are the children well-adjusted? Doubt it!! That so-called mother Linda spits hatred from every inch of her body. And I'm not saying Michael is a good father, either, but he (she,whatever!!!!) sat there on that show on took a lot of crap from Linda and her family. I think he really loves those kids, even though they aren't his. It's nature vs. nurture on this episode, folks, and being adopted, I say nurture wins everytime. Thanks for your time  

September 6, 2005, 12:06 pm CDT

09/06 "Fighting for My Children" Follow-up

This makes me so furiated. I know that here in Canada a child of 12 can tell the courts which parent they want to live with. I know it is not good to drag kids into court but I think that this would be the only way to solve this problem.  

Steph 

September 6, 2005, 12:56 pm CDT

Its too late

I'm putting aside all of the he said/ she said, he was a she bull####~ I can tell you from experience, it is way to late for these kids.  They need some serious counseling to "maybe" get back to normal.  My husband and I have a blended family and I'll tell you what, his kids are so emotionally scarred by his divorce that took 3 plus years, that they do not know how to relate to anyone at this point.  There was such fighting and turmoil in their divorce and lack of consideration on both parts for the children that these kids don't know who they should be with or who is the "better" parent at this point. 

Just FYI, unless your a millionaire, a divore that takes longer than 6-8 months (unless mandated time frame by the court) and children are involved is POINTLESS! 

September 6, 2005, 12:57 pm CDT

Your Crazy to Share Your Children

It is obvious he/she is not emotionally all together.  He/she has no right to your children.  Why do you need to be involved with he/she the rest of your life.  He/she was a mistake, why carry it on.  I think Dr. Phil is wrong on this one.  The children do not need he/she in their lives.  You need to get on with your life with out he/she.  I think this is crazy that this is even a big discussion.  You are crazy if you allow this to be a legal battle if you don't have to.  They are your children.  Michael doesn't deserve to share a second longer unless you decide to allow it.  Why do you even consider this?

September 6, 2005, 1:09 pm CDT

The Children Have Bonded With Michael

Thank you for your support.  Us transgendered folks can make good parents...

September 6, 2005, 1:10 pm CDT

09/06 "Fighting for My Children" Follow-up

Quote From: wraven79

It makes no difference if she's a he or was an it!! Are the children well-adjusted? Doubt it!! That so-called mother Linda spits hatred from every inch of her body. And I'm not saying Michael is a good father, either, but he (she,whatever!!!!) sat there on that show on took a lot of crap from Linda and her family. I think he really loves those kids, even though they aren't his. It's nature vs. nurture on this episode, folks, and being adopted, I say nurture wins everytime. Thanks for your time  

Well said...I couldn't agree more...

September 6, 2005, 1:35 pm CDT

Get to the ROOT

What I don't understand is why nobody has brought up the core issue of this hellacious, ridiculous battle. These 2 Parents!! If they can't get along, how can either of them be good for either of the children? My suggestion is to Lock these 2 Grown Adults in a room... Let them battle their issues out... Don't Open The Door Until They Are Able To At Least Shake Hands!! Neither of these 2 are going to compromise on anything until the underlying issues between them are somewhat taken care of. There is so much bitterness that neither of them can see past trying to hurt the other. Common sense tells me they need therapy between the 2, before the children should even be brought in. 2 divorced, happy parents that are able to keep the peace and get along, are a lot more helpful rather than 2 who are bitter and angry towards each other who are out for revenge. And to Micheal... Yes you are a father, but you also need to realize the bond between a child and mother. I'm sure you have a fatherly bond.... but to step inbetween a mother and child is WRONG! And Linda... You're not going to get ANYWHERE unless you compromise!! You put yourself in this situation and are now making the children pay for your obvious Mistake!! You both need help and Lord protect those children!!

September 6, 2005, 1:42 pm CDT

WHY?

I really don't have much more to say on this subject....  It doesn't SEEM like much was resolved today?  MY QUESTION:  Michael looks like a man to me.  If he wants to be a man... Why doesn't he just finish it all up and surgically become a man?  Just curious?  I wonder if it would make Linda any happier?

September 6, 2005, 1:43 pm CDT

What a Mess!!!

This is one messed up family! Very unfortunate for these children. I am just a bit confused as to how biological children can be taken away from their mother. Michael may be the only "father" the kids know, but he is NOT their real father. I find it rather scary that Linda has lost custody of her own flesh and blood to a man who is not!  

I am also confused as to why Linda would take on a relationship like this, to begin with! Surely she had to know there would be certain problems. To throw children into this kind of situation was not a right thing at all. IMHO.  

There is fault on both sides here, but I really think it is wrong that Michael has custody of these children.   

Of course, it won't be too much longer, that these children will be able to make their own decisions and decide who they want to live with. I really think that alot of counselling is needed here---for the children's sake.  

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next | Last