Message Boards

Topic : 09/23 What a Difference a Year Makes

Number of Replies: 30
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 16, 2005, 04:36:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Dr. Phil checks up on past guests to see how much of his advice stuck. When David and Deandra were on the show, their 22-month-old daughter was in five classes and was only allowed to eat a vegan diet. Have they loosened up their strict ways? And, 17-year-old Tracy tried to convince Dr. Phil that the photos on her website were not too provocative. She's an adult now, and claims her site is less sexy. So why does she still want Dr. Phil's approval? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 23, 2005, 4:33 am CDT

09/23 What a Difference a Year Makes

Ahh, what a great episode. I love when he does updates. I am so glad to see the update on the couple with the bad dog. I have that orignal episode on tape, and watch it a lot.  

And by the way, Maggie is soo cute!!!!!!  

September 23, 2005, 6:03 am CDT

hey

hey I hope that today on the update show the couple that had their 22 month old daughter in five classes and on a strict diet had changed.  Thats just crazy let the kid learn on her own while she grows and gets older and in school.  And there is already enough stress on kids with their weight, so dont start it when they can barely even talk.  I mean come on get a grip!! well we will see when the show comes on.  I hope for the best for that little girl and her parents have changed their way.

September 23, 2005, 7:06 am CDT

we love updates!!!

I am really looking forward to this show!!!! I wanted to say also, that I hope at some point this season there is an update on the family that adopted the little boy and had issues with bonding. I wish Dr. Phil would have some viewers on with that mother- she would get so blasted! I was so outraged when she complained that the child who had some developemental delays and that she didn't "bargain" for a child like that. That comment made me so sad- I am a nurse and worked for many years for severely disabled children. The parents of these children love them so much! That was one of the saddest shows I have ever seen! Of course, last weeks shows with those horrible mothers is now on that list. Bring some viewers on to confront these woman and make them realize they need to change!

September 23, 2005, 10:44 am CDT

what a difference a year makes

After reading each individual story, I must say that there is more progress needed. The first story about the little girl being put on a vegan diet, that I do not understand. There has to be some more in depth logical reasoning behind it. The story about the young lady modeling in lingerie and putting her photos online, she needs to be careful because you never know who looks at certain websites. She is pretty, but, she should dress more appropriately in her photos. I see girls at school that come in wearing short shirts and skirts, and to me its trashy and not gorgeous. To me, what they are saying or might be saying is I am easy, look at me look at me. Some of them need to get a reality check and learn to dress better. Everything else, I have no idea.

September 23, 2005, 11:15 am CDT

co-sleeping is just fine

I just have to chuckle at Dr. Phil's continued attack of co-sleeping.... unless the people involved are suffering just leave it alone... Maybe Madilyne's (I'm pretty sure I've mis-spelled this) Dad should just join the girls in night-time cuddling.  After all they do have a king-sized bed.  The wee lass is still a baby.  As you can probably tell we usually have one or more of our munchkins snuggling with us..... It ROCKS.... the only problem as far as I can see is that it makes it really hard to want to get up and start your day when you have a warm, sweet little person gently holding your arm or neck.  With the forecasted rise in the cost of heating our home this winter we  will appreciate that our little furnaces will be warming us up at no cost.     And by the by , yes, This IS working for us Dr. Phil.. teehee 

BD 

September 23, 2005, 11:51 am CDT

09/23 What a Difference a Year Makes

Quote From: upatnight

I just have to chuckle at Dr. Phil's continued attack of co-sleeping.... unless the people involved are suffering just leave it alone... Maybe Madilyne's (I'm pretty sure I've mis-spelled this) Dad should just join the girls in night-time cuddling.  After all they do have a king-sized bed.  The wee lass is still a baby.  As you can probably tell we usually have one or more of our munchkins snuggling with us..... It ROCKS.... the only problem as far as I can see is that it makes it really hard to want to get up and start your day when you have a warm, sweet little person gently holding your arm or neck.  With the forecasted rise in the cost of heating our home this winter we  will appreciate that our little furnaces will be warming us up at no cost.     And by the by , yes, This IS working for us Dr. Phil.. teehee 

BD 

I don't think the father thought  that co-sleeping "rocks" and that is the problem! If he isn't happy with it, then the wife should put an end to it. If you and your spouse like it, that's great- I don't have anything against co-sleeping- but the parents have to agree on it! My best friend and her husband co-slept with their son for convience, and now ( the child is 3 ) they have great difficulty getting him to go to bed, plus they have no privacy! Co-sleeping certainly isn't for everyone, and like everything else it has it's pros and cons. 

September 23, 2005, 12:47 pm CDT

CO-SLEEPING

I had to comment on this subject.  Currently my son sleeps with me and my husband.  This started when he was 8 months old.  He was sick and I was scared that he would choke while he was in his crib and I wouldn't hear it.  Well now he is 3 1/2 and still in our bed.  If we try to make him lay in his own bed he cries and screams that he is scared.  I don't have the heart to let him cry himself sick so he ends up in bed with us.  If anyone has any advice on how to get him out of our bed I would really appreciate it.  I am expecting another baby in 3 weeks, so my nights are already restless.   I love cuddling with my son, but I also like to be able to cuddle with my husband from time to time.  We have  tried the whole.."letting him fall asleep in our bed and moving him to his bed later" but he is usually back in our bed about 2-3 hours later.   Another thing I have wondered is...he loves to play with my hair and in the middle of the night if he is starting to wake up he grabs my hair and holds on to it and falls back asleep.  Please...someone help me.  I am open to all advice and suggestions at this point.  Thanks a bundle. 

September 23, 2005, 2:18 pm CDT

A little disapointed

To be honest, I was really hoping for an update on Steve and Sheila. I'm still scared for those poor kids. PLEASE Dr. Phil let us know how those poor girls are

September 23, 2005, 2:52 pm CDT

Candy

I just wanted Candy to know she looks amazing!  I hope that, as Dr. Phil said, she will realize that she deserves to look and feel great.

September 23, 2005, 3:06 pm CDT

Confused...

Am I crazy, or did it mention on the web site or on a commercial that they would be updating Michai's family, and the wife of the cheating doctor? I honestly thought I had read that somewhere! Parts of this show were good - I really wondered about the poker-playing husband - but I wish it had showed more.
I have always wondered what happened to that family on season 2 (I think) - they were the Mormon family from Utah, the mom had a baby from an affair, she was disliked by most of the audience....has there ever been an update on them?

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | Next | Last