Message Boards

Topic : 08/24 The Family Cult

Number of Replies: 262
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 30, 2005, 03:30:22 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 10/03/05) Imagine growing up in a cult where you are forced to have sex with strangers -- when you’re as young as 5. Dr. Phil talks to people who escaped the group known as the Children of God, and need help moving on. Meet a daughter who says she can’t forgive her father for the years of painful abuse she suffered at the hands of this cult. How can she reconnect with her dad and start trusting again? Plus, China and her husband, John, are building a new life after leaving the group, where they were forced to have sex with strangers when they were both underage. They’ve had a difficult time adjusting to the outside world, and China wonders if she should prosecute her parents for abuse. What does Dr. Phil think? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 16, 2007, 1:59 pm CST

Not Correct

Quote From: emerald40

I have family on the eastcoast who belong  to the Jehovah witness cult or church whichever you want to call it. 

I have been told by several of my family members that they cannot talk to me if I am not a member of the church. 

Is this correct? 

If so.. what kind of so called church would seperate families like that? 

God would not like this way of thinking . 

Being a Jehovah's witness does not serpate  you from others who are not. What happens is if the person who once a Jehovah's Witnesses and committed unrepentful sins (that Jehovah dispproves of) and like I said is unrepentant,,,then they do as the bible at 1 Corinthians 5:11-13.  I can say this because half my family follow that religion, and they do talk to me about it from time to time.

March 10, 2009, 2:22 pm CDT

Forced?

I wonder, did the cult actually use force as the intro says? It seemed more along the lines of coersion and emotional pressuring/propoganda to get people to do things.

First | Prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | Next Page | Last Page