Message Boards

Topic : 10/04 Ask Dr. Phil

Number of Replies: 338
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 30, 2005, 03:33:25 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

It's Ask Dr. Phil day and the doctor is in! The sky's the limit as Dr. Phil answers anything and everything -- including some questions with adult content! Melissa and Larry have been debating for years about what exactly constitutes oral sex. What they do agree on is that it's ruined their sex life and they're ready to put it to rest once and for all. Then, at just five feet tall and 100 pounds, this model says she's too petite for her dreams to come true and feels short-changed. Hear what she has to say about overweight people who win prizes for losing weight! Next, can you love your animals too much? Ken says his girlfriend treats her dogs like they're her children, but is he just jealous?  Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 4, 2005, 12:13 pm CDT

there was a time in my life

Quote From: utahgirl79

I'm sorry but I have never been able to understand those people who seem to treasure their "relationships" with their animals more than their relationship with their significant other.  Yes, dogs are great animals but it makes me sick to believe that someone would even think of respecting their animal more than their spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend...what have you.  I've even heard a man once say that if his house was on fire and he had to save his wife or his 2 cats that it would be hard to make that decision.  Even if he was kidding...I would have been VERY, VERY angry and hurt to have been his wife who was sitting there listening to his obserd comment.  What is wrong with those of you who value an animals life over a humans?  It just doesn't make any sense to me!!!!!!!  I'm not in any way saying that I don't value the lives of animals because I do.  But there of those of you and you know who you are who take it TOO DANG FAR!!!!
when I was so wrapped up in my horses and Cats that I said I would NEVER sacrifice any of my animals for anyone!!!! Then I got married and had a child...when you have a child most people find it impossible to carry on with their self consumed self centered way of life and though animals are still very important to me they have a place in my life.  If being a good wife and mother means I have to let an animal go then I'm going to do my darndest to get it a good home but I will let go.  I have to agree with what you have said here.  I don't care what breed the dog is...everything has a place in life and if your dogs are more importnat than your significat other...then maybe you shouldn't be in a relationship in the first place. 

October 4, 2005, 12:32 pm CDT

10/04 Ask Dr. Phil

Quote From: animalcat

The young girl who shared her opinion with Dr. Phil about rewarding people for losing weight and other things should chill out. He is rewarding them for achieving their goals and turning their life around. Plain and simple. I think she is trying to Dog Dr. Phil and the way he does things.
 yea, i think she needs to focus on achieving her OWN goals instead of taking things out on people who get rewarded for making their own. Besides, I am SO tired of people who think that ALL overweight people are overweight specifically because all they do is eat. SO untrue. I was at the right weight a few years ago and I was diagnosed with a muscle disease. the next couple years I gained over 100lbs and now I cannot lose it due to my meds. I go to the gym 3 times a week and eat properly and yet I am still overweight. It sint because all I do is eat.

October 4, 2005, 12:33 pm CDT

Get over yourself !

Granted this girl is young and probably has not experienced enough in life to realize that everything is not so cut and dry.  Not all overweight people can just lose weight and if she knew more about nutrition and physiology she would understand that overweight people can't just stop eating.  There are sometimes addiction issues like she mentioned involving food, but food is one addiction that you have to deal with on a daily basis.  With alcohol and drugs, for example, your body can eventually function without them, but you body can't function without food forever.  thia girl is physically beautiful, rather than working on "getting taller" she should work on being a "bigger" person

October 4, 2005, 12:38 pm CDT

I AGREE WITH YOU "YUCK"

Quote From: asalesrep

Dr. Phil, I really could have done without the first segment of your show today. Not only is an indelible disturbing imagine stuck in my mind now, I couldn't finish my breakfast. He needs to consider himself lucky he gets any at all, and get over it. 

At least thanks for asking the children to leave the room.  

I HAVE TWO THINGS TO SAY ABOUT SEGMANT 1 AND SEGMANT 2 ON ASK DR. PHIL TODAY.   

Segmant 1: YUCK, I have never been so offended by day time television.  You Dr. Phil being the Church going God fearing man that you claim to be should know that topic is completely inappropriate.  "Thou shall not spill thy seed unless to procreate".  AND THE PEOPLE you chose to discuss this topic with.  That man should be ashamed of himself.  He's just another dirty old man using his dirty old mind to manipulate his wife into doing something disgusting and immoral to please his dirty appetite.  MEN WILL STOP AT NOTHING! 

Segmant 2: This little girl has no idea what she's talking about.  I'd love to take an hour and sit down with her to explain the genetics that are to blame for her 5' little body and for my 5'9" tall body which is well equipped with a sizeable rump.  Shame on her for her close-minded ignorance regarding this topic. 

October 4, 2005, 12:41 pm CDT

Petite Women

I was so excited to hear that there was going to be a person on TV actually talking about their struggle being a petite adult!  Unfortunately, I was saddened and embarrased by the comments of the petite women on today's show.  I think it was very unfair for her to state that people who have made life changes by losing weight should not be rewarded.  I am a 5 foot tall, 98 pound 30 year old women who is overjoyed when I hear of people who have taken control of their lives and made positive changes.  I was sad to see that the one chance a petite person had to speak about the difficulties in being a small person was overshadowed by her rude comments.  I would much rather have heard her comment more on the rudeness at times shown toward small people that no one recongnizes as such, because people think it is flattery.  I have learned to joke it off when people comment that the size I wear (0) "isn't really a size" or when people have continually commented on the healthy foods I chose to eat or the exercise I engage in perceiving  I am afraid I'll gain weight, when in reality it has more to do with just being an overall healthy person.   Yes, there are difficulties being a 30 year old woman having to shop in the juniors or children's department (if I don't want to pay specialty store prices to find a size 0-2 petite!), but we all have our struggles in this area, and can impact our self image.  I commend Dr. Phil for reiterating the importance of learning to be ok with who you are, accepting the challenges it brings, and embracing the beauty of it!

October 4, 2005, 12:46 pm CDT

Middle age sex

Since men and women have different outlooks about sex in middle age it is no surprise that Larry is frustrated.  Forget about all the talk about ejaculating, the plain fact is that Larry likes sex and his wife isn't interested at all and makes no bones about letting him know.  Larry might as well masterbate since his wife has no intention of becoming involved.   

If Dr. Phill knows how to get a middle aged woman interested in participating in sex, not just "lying there and taking it", let me know where to go since I am as frustrated as Larry. 

October 4, 2005, 12:48 pm CDT

Perspective

I understand your feelings...to me you are tall! I'm 4'7" and height is simply perception. When I was 27, I weighed 70 pounds, and also wore size 0 in clothes, married and became pregnant. I gained 26.5 pounds - got up to 96.5 pounds! My pant size was 13! Anyway, when I was 30 I developed a butt and now in my 40s, my hips are spreading...I now wear size 4 in pants...did not EVER get back to 0s after the birth of my son. Smile, age will improve your size!

October 4, 2005, 12:49 pm CDT

Furious!

Melissa #2, the guest who complained about being "vertically challenged"...GIVE ME A BREAK!  Life is too short to agonize over all of our imperfections.   The change she can and NEEDS to make is to her selfish, ungrateful attitude!    

She must have know Dr. Phil would have NO sympathy. 

October 4, 2005, 12:50 pm CDT

Petite and Uneducated

Quote From: jenny07

I'm 5'5 and 95 pnds. People everyday say to me your so skinny, i feel like saying to them,(YOUR SO FAT). I understand how melissa feels about people saying things to her about her height. If you have to hear about it everyday it does tend to get to you.I dont think she should of pointed out bigger people, but that was her way of making herself feel better about her height.
While I respect how you feel, I think you sympathizing with this girl, doesn't help your stand point or hers.  This girl appeared to me to be UTTERLY uneducated when it came to the issue of people being overweight, the only reason she could think of for why people are overweight is because they eat too much, she needs to be taught a few things, ie, medical conditions that can cause people to be overweight genetically.  It's pretty sad when you are jealous of the people who are making their lives better and being rewarded for it, instead of thinking you know that could be me, in any way in your life, yeah Dr Phil helped these people lose weight, but maybe, even hopefully he can help this pathetic girl lose her attitude, hell I'll send her a reward for that.  Pretty sad debate she had, I think she just wanted pitty and you know what she didn't deserve to be treated so nice after being so rude to every overweight person whose ever watched this show.  Shame on you Melissa, get a life and quit complaining about other people's happy lives.

October 4, 2005, 12:50 pm CDT

10/04 Ask Dr. Phil

Quote From: animalcat

The young girl who shared her opinion with Dr. Phil about rewarding people for losing weight and other things should chill out. He is rewarding them for achieving their goals and turning their life around. Plain and simple. I think she is trying to Dog Dr. Phil and the way he does things.
That was only part of what she was saying! I was totally with everything she said. Go her.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last