Message Boards

Topic : 10/04 Ask Dr. Phil

Number of Replies: 338
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 30, 2005, 03:33:25 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

It's Ask Dr. Phil day and the doctor is in! The sky's the limit as Dr. Phil answers anything and everything -- including some questions with adult content! Melissa and Larry have been debating for years about what exactly constitutes oral sex. What they do agree on is that it's ruined their sex life and they're ready to put it to rest once and for all. Then, at just five feet tall and 100 pounds, this model says she's too petite for her dreams to come true and feels short-changed. Hear what she has to say about overweight people who win prizes for losing weight! Next, can you love your animals too much? Ken says his girlfriend treats her dogs like they're her children, but is he just jealous?  Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 15, 2005, 10:37 am CDT

10/04 Ask Dr. Phil

Quote From: utahgirl79

I'm sorry but I have never been able to understand those people who seem to treasure their "relationships" with their animals more than their relationship with their significant other.  Yes, dogs are great animals but it makes me sick to believe that someone would even think of respecting their animal more than their spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend...what have you.  I've even heard a man once say that if his house was on fire and he had to save his wife or his 2 cats that it would be hard to make that decision.  Even if he was kidding...I would have been VERY, VERY angry and hurt to have been his wife who was sitting there listening to his obserd comment.  What is wrong with those of you who value an animals life over a humans?  It just doesn't make any sense to me!!!!!!!  I'm not in any way saying that I don't value the lives of animals because I do.  But there of those of you and you know who you are who take it TOO DANG FAR!!!!

My apologies for sounding harsh but people like you should be shot and pissed on!  How dare you make a human's life more valuable then an animals?!  Humans are destroying this planet and the creatures that live on it so does this, in your opinion, make us more valuable?  You need a good slap upside your head!!  I am an animal lover so I understand why people would treasure their relationships with their pets more then a significant other.  Pets give you unconditional love.  Animals don't let frivolous things like appearances and social status affect their love for their human companions.  A pet has never left their human companion because the person has put on weight or because that person doesn't get all dolled up anymore.  Pets never nag and complain about stupid, little things.  They stay with that person because they love them for who they are, not for what they look like.  If I had to chose between a pet or a significant other it would definetly be the pet!  That animal will stay by your side to the very end!  With humans, you'll never know if they're gonna stay or leave.  So I'll end this by saying that people like YOU have gone to dang far!!! 

Amanda 

October 15, 2005, 10:51 am CDT

10/04 Ask Dr. Phil

Quote From: sherrimo

Dateless Giant,  LOL! 

Come on! 5'9" is not exacty a circus freak!  I'm almost as tall as you are and have no problem attracting men.  What men like are not 'petite' women, they like THIN women. They like thin women, be they tall or short.  This is a sad but true fact.  Petite means short, not thin.  If you have ever accidently wandered into the petite section at the department store, you will see the sizes go all the way up to 16 plus. They are just cut SHORTER.  As a matter of fact, I believe that most men would prefer a taller woman as opposed to a shorter woman, if given the choice.  Taller women are more graceful in appearance, and get noticed!  Look at all the fashion models.  TALL!   Tall women can carry a few extra pounds much easier than a short woman.  But the bottom line is, men like thin women.  It's not fair, and it's superficial, but it is a fact, nonetheless.  Stop thinking that you can't get a man because you are 5'9".  That is silly.  Be proud of your height.  I even wear heels! 

Honey you're just as self-centered as Melissa!  Tall people(mainly tall women) often look very unproportioned to the rest of their body.  And it's a proven fact that the taller you are, the more strain there is on your heart because it has to pump twice as hard to get the blood to all parts of the body.  If you're comfortable with your appearance then you wouldn't be trashing others(small people).  Those who are comfortable with their appearances can accept those who don't look like themselves!  They are aware that everyone is beautiful, regardless of the way they look!  But if the only way you can feel better about yourself is by continuously telling yourself that you're better then other people because you're tall then all the power to you.

October 15, 2005, 1:46 pm CDT

Oral Sex/ being gay (both)

Quote From: swtldy

HERE HERE!!!!   

No one should be made, in any way, to do something that the other wouldn't do and also if a person isn't comfortable with doing whatever, then they should NEVER be expected to do it. 

I no longer read the Bible (have had an experience whereby I would feel hypocritical in doing so, and I know that "quoting" from it is hypocritical, but I still firmly believe).  There is a passage that states that "using the body for unnatural practices is displeasing to the Creator".  There is also a passage that states "you were once homosexual, now you are not".  (Can't quote the scriptures, but they are there.)  The prospect of eating and performing oral sex with the same orifice is totally repugnant to me; also  using the passage we evacuate with as a tool for sex has the same effect!  I cannot think of anything more "unnatural"! 

I give the Creator of the Bible credit for being able to maintain its integrity, just as I believe that "He created all things". I do not understand why people feel that because man wrote the Bible, that God did not dictate it!  (Is there not a scripture that states "if anyone takes away or adds anything to the Bible, his name shall be removed from the Book of Life"?)  And, If people feel that way - which parts are wrong and which are right - AND who gave him/her the right to decide?  I guess you could say I am confused? 

October 16, 2005, 10:20 am CDT

True THAT!

Quote From: kathamac

DEAR DR PHIL,  

LITTLE MISS MELISSA NEEDS TO GET A GRIP. IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE SHE HAS A SELF ESTEEM PROBLEM. I BELIEVE THAT LITTLE MISS MELISSA JUST CAME TO THE SHOW TO TRY AND GET SOME FREE PRIZES OR REWARDS. IT WAS ALL A GAME TO TO HER.  SHE PROBALLY THOUGHT THAT SHE WAS GONNA GET A MODELING DEAL. OOPS SORRY MELISSA YOUR LOST. OH YA TO PUT SOMEONE DOWN BECAUSE OF THERE WEIGHT  ,THAT WAS ANOTHER GOOD ONE. ALL SHE WANTED WAS ATTENTION. I WAS FRUSTRATED BUT NOW I JUST FEEL SORRY FOR THE POOR GIRL. MELISSA DARLING YOUR GONNA BE OLD, FAT,GRAY,AND MANY OTHER THINGS WHEN YOU GET OLDER AND I HOPE YOU CAN HANDLE IT. BOO HOO !!!!!!! GIRL GET OVER YOURSELF.  DR PHIL I HOPE YOU RECOMMENDED COUNSELING. 

I agree with you 100%!!! I think she expected Dr. Phil to dish out some prizes to her. Boo-hoo she is a little shorter than average. I was in SHOCK when I watched her segment of the show. Losing weight and changing your lifestyle is a big deal and something to be proud of. Melissa just wanted exposure for her modeling career.

October 21, 2005, 8:45 pm CDT

10/04 Ask Dr. Phil

Quote From: kyla47

I am 4'11 myself and I see no problem with being short.  

I think you are DISRESPECTFUL to have compared yourself with people who have accomplished goals for example loosing weight also known as the FAT people from what you said or called them. Being overweight isn't easy and how dare you put them down because you're jealous because they win rewards for accomplishing their goals. Some people can't help but be a certain size. Maybe you should accept yourself and others. I do not have time in my life for people like you who have no SELFRESPECT...  

Hopefully after watching yourself on the show you have realized how self centered you really are. 

GO GIRL!!! AGREE 100 PERCENT--COULD NOT PUT IT BETTER MYSELF! 

October 24, 2005, 2:43 pm CDT

Question RE: 10/24

Dear Dr. Phil, 

You told the couple that said "you're ugly" to eachother that they are very influential in modeling behaviors to their children. I agree with that. You also said that they should completely discontinue this behavior in the prescence of the children. I believe that is untrue, I believe the child can understand that this type of language is inapriate outside of the home. I believe he'l be able to understand that this is how his parents talk to eachother in the privacy of their home and when things like "craphead, jerk face..." it really means different terms of affection but other people do NOT talk to others in this maner therefore it is unaceptable to talk to friends, clasmates, playmates, teachers, adults, friends parents... in this way. 

November 17, 2005, 11:26 am CST

Natale Holloway's case

Dr. Phil, 

Did your investigators research the mob speculation stated by the 3 persons of interest, during your investigation? Any leads as to where this issue may have led in exposing the truth?  

Please if I may continue to explain. These are young kids, who could possibly be trying to show their peers (school buddies) that they got lucky with an American citizen, at all costs, & everything they've said, based on lies, deception, & bragging rights to their peers, using the national media for personal gain toward getting lucky. Perhaps their lives were threatened if they told what really happened & they gave description of those mob assailants, & details.  

I've thought all along that this case was somehow linked to Amy Bradley's case, in the way that facts were covered up, & similarities of both disappearances.  Although just a gut feeling (hunch) I've had, haven't found anything like concrete evidence to support it. However, this would have been the direction of which my investigation would have been targeted from day one, of Natile's missing case. The fact that the media was concentrating on the issue of these 3 young boys, would have been excellent as a form of cover, as a diversion of the media, itself!    

Thank you Dr. Phil for your work, concern & devotion to humanity & kindness.  

God Bless Natalie's & Amy's families, 

Sivada               

May 17, 2006, 10:07 pm CDT

Look Lady

Quote From: zimexlady

Your kids will wallow in that pee and poop.  This obsessive dawg lover is silly and illogical.....at least get her to have ONLY one dog.   Believe me, she only wants to control something,,,,,,do not let it be you, Ken.  You will be spending funds on vets instead of your kids health needs. RUN KEN, DO NOT WALK!

You have had an opinion about everything that DR. Phil's show has. 

You know what they say about opinions... 

You are from Texas...Figure it out . 

You are a very bitter woman with too much time on your hands! 

Judge not lest you be judged. 

First | Prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | Next Page | Last Page