Message Boards

Topic : 10/04 Ask Dr. Phil

Number of Replies: 338
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 30, 2005, 03:33:25 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

It's Ask Dr. Phil day and the doctor is in! The sky's the limit as Dr. Phil answers anything and everything -- including some questions with adult content! Melissa and Larry have been debating for years about what exactly constitutes oral sex. What they do agree on is that it's ruined their sex life and they're ready to put it to rest once and for all. Then, at just five feet tall and 100 pounds, this model says she's too petite for her dreams to come true and feels short-changed. Hear what she has to say about overweight people who win prizes for losing weight! Next, can you love your animals too much? Ken says his girlfriend treats her dogs like they're her children, but is he just jealous?  Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 4, 2005, 1:08 pm CDT

10/04 Ask Dr. Phil

Quote From: ayame_chan

That was only part of what she was saying! I was totally with everything she said. Go her.

I was totally against everything she said.  She obviously is very insecure.  Height is something you can't change, weight you can. Two totally different scenarios.  Overweight people have nothing to do with the fact that she would get passed over for certain modeling jobs, etc.  It seemed that was her real issue.  Petite people being called cute, getting turned down for certain jobs. Like Dr. Phil said, he wouldn't be chosen to do a hair commercial.  So what?  She needs to accept her plight (actually I see no plight, but obviosly she feels she does have one) and get on with life.   

October 4, 2005, 1:14 pm CDT

HEIGHT

I have a hard time feeling sorry for the girl with her "height" problem, like I read from another viewer;GET A STOOL.  And what is the big deal being called "Cute".  Maybe it's her mental attitude they are referring to not her height.  I am 5 ft almost 1 in and I have no problem reaching things you just deal with what you have.  But she has no right to put  those down with weight problems, evidently she has never had one.  Looks more like she was just trying to get modeling exposure the easy way instead of working for it. 

October 4, 2005, 1:16 pm CDT

10/04 Ask Dr. Phil

Quote From: sjloya

Larry seems to think that since he did not climax then he did not engage in oral.  ANY SEXUAL CONTACT (CLIMAX OR NOT) DONE WITH THE MOUTH ON GENITALS IS ORAL SEX. 

By Larry's definition, I suppose I have never had it either!  Which is not true.  I wonder if he applies this same definition to "regular" sex.  If he does not climax, then did he have sex?  Under this definition, then I could almost be considered a virgin!! 

I agree with what you said and just wanted to clarify that's what I heard Dr. Phil saying. 

Very good point about no climax meaning not sex!  What a riot!!!  

October 4, 2005, 1:24 pm CDT

Next time don't let her get off so easy.

I believe that the young lady who complained about her height just wanted to be on TV.  I had a hard time taking her grips seriously.  I believe that complaint without resolve is a waste of time.  If she feels strongly about petite models not being taken seriously, then let her start some campaign to be the world first petite supermodel.  If not then she's needs to stop being so self absorbed and realize that there are people out there with real disabilities, (i.e., little people) who have to deal with harassment and prejudices while dealing with there own personal struggles.   

I also believe that her attitude about fat people was appalling and you let her get away with it.  However, it reflects an attitude that a lot of naturally thin people have about over weight people.  They assume that all people who are over weight simply over eat.  They imply that we are just greedy.  When that is not always the case.  I personally know thin people who have the worst eating habits and are still thin.  If I ate half the things they ate, I would be obese.  Meanwhile, I eat healthy and still struggle to keep my weight down.  I think that this attitude would make a good topic on your show.  (If you did it already, I missed it.)   

October 4, 2005, 1:27 pm CDT

Men will stop at nothing???

Quote From: jennylynn

I HAVE TWO THINGS TO SAY ABOUT SEGMANT 1 AND SEGMANT 2 ON ASK DR. PHIL TODAY.   

Segmant 1: YUCK, I have never been so offended by day time television.  You Dr. Phil being the Church going God fearing man that you claim to be should know that topic is completely inappropriate.  "Thou shall not spill thy seed unless to procreate".  AND THE PEOPLE you chose to discuss this topic with.  That man should be ashamed of himself.  He's just another dirty old man using his dirty old mind to manipulate his wife into doing something disgusting and immoral to please his dirty appetite.  MEN WILL STOP AT NOTHING! 

Segmant 2: This little girl has no idea what she's talking about.  I'd love to take an hour and sit down with her to explain the genetics that are to blame for her 5' little body and for my 5'9" tall body which is well equipped with a sizeable rump.  Shame on her for her close-minded ignorance regarding this topic. 

It's obvious without talking to you that you are an incredibly bitter person.  Some man must have done a number on you.  Oral sex really isn't the disgusting and immoral act you make it out to be.  And to quote the bible about spilling thy seed is inappropriate.  Adherence to this archeic philosophy is to say that you are against condoms, birth control and masturbation in addition to oral sex.  A few decades back.... you missed the sexual revolution.  Sex is no longer the sinful, shameful act that religious that your religious figureheads have preached.  Shame on you regarding your close-minded ignorance regarding this topic.

October 4, 2005, 1:29 pm CDT

OH PLEASE!!!!!

This girl needs to get a LIFE! I hope that she gains a hundred pounds and has to live for a second as an overweight person. She would kill herself before the day was over. I just can't even put together a sentence I am so mad at ignorant people like this girl. I guess I should just feel sorry for her.

October 4, 2005, 1:36 pm CDT

Makes no sense.

Ummm... is it just me or did that young woman complaining about being little seem crazy? I dont think she has any clue what she is talking about AND I THINK MORE THAN ANYTHING SHE JUST WANTED TO BE ON TV. Its like she wanted to say something but had nothing to back it up. What a waste of time. There are REAL people out there with real issues.

October 4, 2005, 1:37 pm CDT

10/04 Ask Dr. Phil

Quote From: pekayok

I believe that the young lady who complained about her height just wanted to be on TV.  I had a hard time taking her grips seriously.  I believe that complaint without resolve is a waste of time.  If she feels strongly about petite models not being taken seriously, then let her start some campaign to be the world first petite supermodel.  If not then she's needs to stop being so self absorbed and realize that there are people out there with real disabilities, (i.e., little people) who have to deal with harassment and prejudices while dealing with there own personal struggles.   

I also believe that her attitude about fat people was appalling and you let her get away with it.  However, it reflects an attitude that a lot of naturally thin people have about over weight people.  They assume that all people who are over weight simply over eat.  They imply that we are just greedy.  When that is not always the case.  I personally know thin people who have the worst eating habits and are still thin.  If I ate half the things they ate, I would be obese.  Meanwhile, I eat healthy and still struggle to keep my weight down.  I think that this attitude would make a good topic on your show.  (If you did it already, I missed it.)   

Although I fully support you that this young lady was using fat people as scapegoats, I do take offence to your thin people comment.  To take a stance that a lot of thin people have bad attitudes about fat people is incredibly ignorant.   I being a tall AND naturally thin person, I take offence.  I eat fatty foods because I'd like to weigh more; I don't walk around thinking all fat people should stop being so greedy.  I myself and many other thin people, would like to put on a bit of healthy weight, please don't think that all thin people think that same way.  By ganging up on thin people, you have lowered yourself to the same level as this lady; not all people think the same way just because you've encountered some that think something else. 

October 4, 2005, 1:38 pm CDT

House break the dogs, already!

I love dogs - but if her dogs are peeing in the house, I'd be annoyed too.  Part of being a good dog-mom is TRAINING!!!!!!!

October 4, 2005, 1:38 pm CDT

Gert

Quote From: lilone85

I can definitely relate to Melissa, and I know exactly where she is coming from.  I am 20 years old with a birth defect called Osteogenesis Imperfecta (also known as Brittle Bones disease), and one of its side effects is short stature.  I am 3’9” tall, and listening to Melissa’s story really struck a nerve in me. 

I can definitely understand why she made those comments about overweight individuals getting rewarded for losing weight.  I am not at all saying that it is a bad thing, but the way I see it is that overweight people should want to lose weight for themselves; not be bribed with gifts and vacations.  I do understand that rewarding them for their new habits helps them get to their goal weight, but are they really doing it for themselves? 

It angers me when I hear overweight people complain about their weight, because they can change their appearance by going on a diet and exercising, unlike me where I am stuck at a petite height for the rest of my life.  If I were one of those individuals, I would not take my life for granted when I could easily change my “flaws”, because things could be a lot worse!  Of course it would be an up-hill battle, but people have to realize that not everything is easy in life. 

This is not a pity “letter” for myself, and I expect no pity from anyone else (and I doubt Melissa was looking for pity either).  I just want everyone to know that they take too much for granted, and they should wake up and enjoy their lives and their full potential.  Because honestly, America needs to stop complaining and making excuses for their bad behaviors and instead take responsibility for it and change their lives for the better!
Oh give me a break!  Melissa obviously holds a lot of jelousy and anger....she needs to get a life and stop feeling so sorry for herself.  Everyone has something about themselves that they don't like or that they have a hard time with.  That certainly doesn't give them the right to be down on others.  She sould be thrilled that she is doing some modelling, if that's what's important to her.  She could sure be a lot worse off.  Does she have a roof over her head?  Does she have food in her cupboards (so what if she needs a stool - so do I and I'm 5'5")?  Is she warm?  Does she have people who love her?  She should re-direct all of the energy that it must take to have all that anger (to the "over-weight" people as that seems to be her biggest concern) and  do something constructive like help the hurricane victims or the homeless or any other people that really are down-on-their-luck.  Stop the "poor-me" and move on with your life before you waste another second in your pity-party. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last