Message Boards

Topic : 03/16 Cheerleader Scandal

Number of Replies: 3116
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 07, 2005, 03:42:52 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 10/13/05) In a heartbeat, your entire life can change. No one knows this better than the families of Brandi and Daniel. Seventeen-year-old Brandi was a cheerleader, an excellent student and an all-American girl. She was in love with athletic 18-year old Daniel. Now he’s dead and she finds herself behind bars serving a 12-year sentence, all because of what happened in just a split second. Was it murder or simply a horrific accident? Hear members of both families describe how the tragedy unfolded, and the struggle to put together the pieces of their shattered lives. Plus, Dr. Phil visits Brandi in prison to ask some very hard questions. She has an emotional message for Daniel's mother -- and for Daniel. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 1, 2009, 4:07 am CST

03/16 Cheerleader Scandal

Quote From: kelbell777

This is it the last message we can't post anymore I wish everyone a happy and healthy New Year . Cherish everyone and everything that happens in each one of your lifes you never really know what could happen tomorrow. Brandi I love you always sweetie one day well all be together and when that day comes I will cherish every moment with you.You are my heart and day after day we will stick together and get threw this I know I will always have you.Always know I'm here for you.god bless you all and take care of yourself.
Well, I guess maybe you're also mistaken about not being able to post here anymore.  I guess you're not willing to look closely enough into what really happened that night to answer my questions, so I guess all I can do is suggest if you're going to have a relationship with Brandi when she gets out that you don't make her mad and, if you do, make sure you can run faster than she can drive!    Good luck and happy new year!

January 1, 2009, 11:48 am CST

Quote From: cablekidz

Well, I guess maybe you're also mistaken about not being able to post here anymore.  I guess you're not willing to look closely enough into what really happened that night to answer my questions, so I guess all I can do is suggest if you're going to have a relationship with Brandi when she gets out that you don't make her mad and, if you do, make sure you can run faster than she can drive!    Good luck and happy new year!
It says that you can't post as of January 2009 and I try to answer questions I can't on here. Thanks for the tip but I will just make sure there is no one to push me that knows people with the law.

January 1, 2009, 4:59 pm CST

Quote From: cablekidz

And I have read everything on this case I've seen where it happened I do know the reality of the whole story and what could and what couldn't happen I've experiened it I drove it somethings have changed since then but not enough to figure it out. I know who Brandi is and who she wants to be. Brandi has a great soul I know her I really don't care what you or anyone thinks you could say what you want. Yeah Brandi should of never went over there but you don't know what she's been threw. At the time her only thinking was to get it there and go but you don't know what happened at all that night and what she's been threw before all this. Brandi was just driving down the street and how Daniel got in the way of that we all have our reasons and since she plead guilty its to late. This would of went to trial if everyone knew what they know now. But also Brandi feels that she deserves to serve some time because the car she was driving took a life she never did want him to lose his life and only the people that know her can honestly tell you that. This won't make since to you because you don't have the paperwork you've never been in the trailer park where it happened so you'll never understand her side unless you've been in her shoes. There are storys that have changed. I really don't care anymore there is no use on telling you unless your a high investigater so my only care is Brandi and her coming home I do love the person she is and no one can change it you don't know her or myself so the judgement you have it really doesent matter to me because I know the true Brandi and really I'm glad I have her she has always been there for me just has I been there for her. Non of us haven't even got the chance to speck on her behalf. I'm just gonna stop this and move on from this site everyone is right about it.

January 1, 2009, 6:50 pm CST

Quote From: kelbell777

And I have read everything on this case I've seen where it happened I do know the reality of the whole story and what could and what couldn't happen I've experiened it I drove it somethings have changed since then but not enough to figure it out. I know who Brandi is and who she wants to be. Brandi has a great soul I know her I really don't care what you or anyone thinks you could say what you want. Yeah Brandi should of never went over there but you don't know what she's been threw. At the time her only thinking was to get it there and go but you don't know what happened at all that night and what she's been threw before all this. Brandi was just driving down the street and how Daniel got in the way of that we all have our reasons and since she plead guilty its to late. This would of went to trial if everyone knew what they know now. But also Brandi feels that she deserves to serve some time because the car she was driving took a life she never did want him to lose his life and only the people that know her can honestly tell you that. This won't make since to you because you don't have the paperwork you've never been in the trailer park where it happened so you'll never understand her side unless you've been in her shoes. There are storys that have changed. I really don't care anymore there is no use on telling you unless your a high investigater so my only care is Brandi and her coming home I do love the person she is and no one can change it you don't know her or myself so the judgement you have it really doesent matter to me because I know the true Brandi and really I'm glad I have her she has always been there for me just has I been there for her. Non of us haven't even got the chance to speck on her behalf. I'm just gonna stop this and move on from this site everyone is right about it.
You're simply re-stating everything you've already said numerous times.   I suspect you should be glad this didn't go to trial.  I was simply asking you what happened that night after she got home.   Yes, she was driving a car that night; without permission and without a license.   I still don't see how her acknowledgement of those irrefutable facts equates to Brandi being a truthful person.   Did you know her back then? 

January 28, 2009, 1:58 pm CST

I certainly remember what was going on in this part, but, I don't think that she was abused by Daniel at all. Why? Because there's no proof or evidence of that. Where are the police reports, pictures of her bruises, etc.? Why didn't she tell her parents about this if that were true?

Plus I certainly didn't believe from the beginning that it was an accident at all. There are three big red flags:

1.) She ran over him, didn't bother getting out of the car to check up on him, & then dialed 911 about it. That's what people would do when they accidentally hit a person. She didn't do that.

2.) She took a tree branch to cover up the broken windshield. Again, if you're not guilty of anything, why attempt to cover up anything? The evidence speaks for itself. Or did she do it because she scared of getting caught by her parents for stealing the keys, & then the car?

3.) She signed the plea bargain. An innocent person would have never signed the plea bargain, they would keep on fighting to prove their innocence. Plus why did she sign it? Because there was overwhelming evidence against her, & she knew that if she would to take this to trial, she would have been looking at life in prison without the possibility of parole. Plus there should have also been a lie detector test given. The possibilities are endless.

I'm sure that Brandi feels guilty of what she has done now. But she had plenty of chances to get out on parole, but she's still in there, probably because she wouldn't admit to what she's done. She & her family & friends need to accept what has happened.

August 20, 2009, 4:55 pm CDT

A very lovely lady

My name is Lady M. I know this young lady Brandi, She is a breath of fresh air  her sweet smile and happy go lucky attitude many people around her can feel her magnetic personality ... a true rose ...
I haven't seen or spoke to her for a while but I seen a recent pic of her she has matured a great deal ...
 This will not get her down it is a stepping stone DOC can't keep her for ever 2012 I believe is her release date ( a guess) to the ones that matter ... This young lady will come out a strong and healthy woman because of the love she gets from her mom and dad friends around the world that send her letters ...
 I hope she will write a book about everything that happened that night but mostly what it was like before that frightfully night the abuse and hell he put her though ... even his mother really  knows how he mis- treated her.......Everyone that knew that  this abuse was going on is as guilty ...  if not more .......

First | Prev | 307 | 308 | 309 | 310 | 311 | 312 | Next Page | Last Page