Message Boards

Topic : 03/16 Cheerleader Scandal

Number of Replies: 3116
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 07, 2005, 03:42:52 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 10/13/05) In a heartbeat, your entire life can change. No one knows this better than the families of Brandi and Daniel. Seventeen-year-old Brandi was a cheerleader, an excellent student and an all-American girl. She was in love with athletic 18-year old Daniel. Now he’s dead and she finds herself behind bars serving a 12-year sentence, all because of what happened in just a split second. Was it murder or simply a horrific accident? Hear members of both families describe how the tragedy unfolded, and the struggle to put together the pieces of their shattered lives. Plus, Dr. Phil visits Brandi in prison to ask some very hard questions. She has an emotional message for Daniel's mother -- and for Daniel. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 13, 2005, 8:02 am CDT

Did you see her face.

The only time she was even remotely upset was when she was talking about her family and her jail term. The rest of the time she had that stone cold look of someone lying and stating a pre-recorded message. I think it is disgusting that our justice system would allow someone that guilty would only get 12 years. If the situation was reversed and it had been a boy that ran down a girl he would have been up for the death penalty, but because she is a cute cheerleader " we " feel bad. I hope she is forced to serve her entire term and if there is any justice in this world she will die in prison. If not then we must console ourselves with the belief that she will burn for eternity in the next. 

As far as her family they need a severe wake up call about there little girl! 

October 13, 2005, 8:02 am CDT

10/13 Cheerleader Scandal

Quote From: jessnmnt

Your telling me that because he had problems, Brandy's story had to be true. What if her were ur son? What if you had to go through this? HOw dare you say that Brandy's story holds anyvtruth other then THAT SHES SORRY FOR HURTING HER FAMILY!!!! This girl needs to be thankful that she only got 12 years because if I had been the prosecution THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN NO! PLEA! BARGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! 
 I agree.  If she was innocent her lawyers would not have bailed on her.  The truth of the matter is, she had to plea the way she did because she WAS GUILTY!!!!!!  The jury would have sentenced her to a much longer sentence had she went to trail.  She is a lucky girl to only have 10 years.   Daniel's sentence however is for eternity.

October 13, 2005, 8:04 am CDT

I agree

Quote From: tchrs_pet

Clearly Brandi is innocent.  Daniel's family is acting purely on emotion.  It's understandable as losing a child is very difficult but if they can't learn to forgive they will have a horrible quality of life.
  I couldn't agree more. I can't believe that she would even be sentenced to 12 years.  It was an accident. How can Daniel's family actually believe that she went over to their house with the intention of killing Daniel.  If this was about Daniel beating Brandi to death this would not have even been on tv.

October 13, 2005, 8:04 am CDT

GUILTY

HOW CAN BRANDY NOT KNOW THAT SHE HAD HIT DANIEL WITH HER CAR?SHE CLAIMED THAT SHE LEFTED  HIM STANDING THERE WHEN SHE DROVE OFF.HOW IS THAT IF SHE HIT HIM FURTHER DOWN THE ROAD.SHE COULDN'T KEEP HER STORY STRAIGHT TO DR.PHIL.SHE WASN'T AFRAID OF HIM-THE WAY SHE CLAIMED,BECAUSE IF SHE WAS,WHY DID SHE GO TO HIM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT.SHE COULD HAVE HAD HIS SISTER TO GET HIS BELONGINGS.SHE IS GUILTY AND SHE KNOWS IT.SO SHE JUST NEED TO FACE UP TO HER CRIME.(GUILTY)

October 13, 2005, 8:05 am CDT

Quote From: trinity1

Abuse is not always physical. Emotional and mental abuse do happen way too often and there are NO visible signs. 
 Just because she did not have a black eye or a bruised face does not mean that he did not abuse her. Don't assume things based on appearances.

October 13, 2005, 8:06 am CDT

Quote From: msmegan

I have never written on this board before, but today I have felt compelled to do so. 

I am so angry at this show. Shame on Brandi's parents for verbally attacking her victim's family.  Do they have no sense of decency? They get to talk to their child whenever they want. They obviously raised a spoiled daughter who throws tantrums that ended someone's life.  She was crying in prison but only because she got caught. She plead GUILTY in order to get that plea agreement! Ignorance is not a defense. 

Did anyone notice that Brandi blamed everyone else for her situation instead of taking responsibility?  Shame on Dr Phil for letting these people verbally assualt Daniel's family on his show. 

I felt that I was the only person that felt this way...I have never written on this message board either...and also felt compelled!!! Those people infuriated me...Brandi's father had no remorse and continued to blame Daniel for his own death. He repeatedly mentioned that Daniel jumped out in front of her car...and took the blame of of his daughter completely...They have ruined my day...I had no idea that people could be soooo heartless!!!

October 13, 2005, 8:07 am CDT

Get over it

Whether or not Brandi meant to do it, she's obviously remorseful.  Give her a break.  The longer his family won't forgive her, the longer they're going to hurt.  The first step to healing is to forgive.   

October 13, 2005, 8:08 am CDT

guilty

I believe that she is definitely guilty. If she was so afraid of him why did she go all the way over to his house after stealing her parents car? After hitting him, she could drive the 30 minutes home even though she was in shock and didn't know what she had hit? Please!!! Then she had the presence of mind to try to cover up what she had done by placing a tree branch in the window? If she didn't remember what she had done why did she need to try to make it look like someone else had done something to the car? And her family also never once apoligized to his family. I feel sorry for the son, as his parents could care less about getting him any help right now!!! They need to focus on helping him through this or he will end up in trouble also.

October 13, 2005, 8:09 am CDT

Do We Really Need To Judge?

I think everyone is missing the important thing here, it's about picking up the pieces and moving on. Not whether she is guilty of killing him, or if he is guilty of suicide. These people need to work through their problems and focus on their own family instead of hurling accusations at eachother. I feel sorry for everyone involved. I will keep them all in my prayers.

October 13, 2005, 8:09 am CDT

Quote From: tchrs_pet

Clearly Brandi is innocent.  Daniel's family is acting purely on emotion.  It's understandable as losing a child is very difficult but if they can't learn to forgive they will have a horrible quality of life.
 If she is innocent why not go to trial and prove it?  She is guilty .  Anyone that not only loses their lawyer,  but has to plea bargain does NOT HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON!!!!!!!!!!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last