Message Boards

Topic : 10/14 "Kick 'em to the Curb!"

Number of Replies: 253
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 07, 2005, 03:44:27 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

How do you know when it's time to kick that relationship to the curb? Dr. Phil's first guest is four months pregnant with her boyfriend's baby. He wants her to leave him alone, and she wants to know if she should let go of the relationship.What does Dr. Phil think? Next, Dr. Phil follows-up with two women whose marriages were in crisis. Sheila's husband, Steve, was a raging alcoholic. She would beat him when he was drunk, almost killing him. Did she take Dr. Phil's advice? And where is Steve now? Then, Michelle was living a cycle of abuse at the hands of her husband. Did she finally say, "No more," to the violence? Dr. Phil has advice for knowing when it's time to get out. Can you relate? Share your story.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 26, 2006, 4:38 am CST

PIFOS35

Quote From: elle474

All I can tell you, is that I know EXACTLY how you feel, and if you want someone to talk to ever. Privately, my email is elle474@comcast.net.  My name is Michelle.  Maybe it will do us both some good to know that we are not alone.  There is someone in this world that knows exactly how we feel. 

best of luck to you. 

if you are still out there, please contact me.  my new email is maj10@comcast.net.  I want to talk to you. 

July 5, 2006, 8:29 am CDT

Dr. Phil I respectfully disagree with you

I live in the Netherlands and just saw the show Kick em to the curb. And I must say that I disagree with the decision that Dr. Phil made when he removed Shiela and the girls from the home. In my opinion neither parent should have had the children, and shiela really should have spent a couple days in jail. Dr. Phil said to Shiela "Do you realize we could have been taping Steve's murder?" I think someone like that should not be allowed to take her children to her mom's house and then blame her husband for everything. I felt like Dr. Phil let her get away with to much. Her follow up statement was all about Steve, and nothing about how she was working on her issues. All she said was that she wanted to change. I still was shocked that the girls were with Shiela. And more shocked that steve was blamed for EVERYTHING. Ok he is a drunk with a serious drinking problem. But who would want to be sober around a women who was stomping on their internal organs? And at what point did Dr. Phil decide that she would not hurt her children? again I will say neither parent hould have had those girls, and until Shiela is recovered fully she should not have those children. There is NO excuse in the world to try to kill your spouse. NONE WHAT SO EVER!!!  

And I can not have simpathy for someone like that.  

December 7, 2007, 12:23 pm CST

Life 101 Should be the Course Title

Quote From: iresqu2

Someday,  possibly with the HELP of Dr. Phil,  High School Freshman will be required to take Marrige 101, followed by Parenting 101 in Sophmore year, followed by Crisis Resolution in Junior year and finally  Human Psychology 101 in Senior year. This will equipt future generations to follow, with a firm foundation on LIFE 101  !   I was married young. I had no clue how to handle any difficult situation because most people I knew had dysfunctional families too. There was no resource for wise wisdom to draw from.  This has been my life long goal to somehow get into the high school cirriculum program,  "Life Lessons 101".  Is there any doubt in anyones mind why the divorce rate is so high ?  Why so many children are neglected and abused  ?  Why the rate of depression is at an all time high ?  It's because nobody knows what on earth to do !!!!!    It's that simple. 

Of all educational courses, " Life 101" should be paramount in teaching young teens how to manage their lives, how and when to raise healthy children and  basic psychology to interact positively with spouses, employers and their own children !   Please Dr. Phil,  help bring this idea to successful fuition. The world WILL BE a much better place for all,  if we had been given the proper tools to achieve a happy, rewarding  Life !      

My definition of success is ( because you always ask that )   "Success"  is leaving this world a better place because I have helped just one person have a better life !  My love counted. 

Thanks teacher !   You have touched many lives, keep up the momentum, but please add a lasting 

impact on society, teach this all,  in school ........Patty 

Dr. Phil, how would you like to be remembered in history ?

As a Dr. who helped people with educational talk shows or someone who changed history by changing the highschool cirriculum across the country ?

Have your work recognized as a lifetime achievement. Change the future for the generations to follow.

"You can do it Dr. Phil"

Also, when parents have a baby they often say, "well, I don't know what to do, they don't come with directions"  there can be a solution for that as well. Give them directions to take home with the baby !!!!!!

Patty

Destin, Fla.

First | Prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | Next Page | Last Page