Message Boards

Topic : 12/26 "I Am Right!"

Number of Replies: 374
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 14, 2005, 03:44:44 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Airdate: 10/18/05) Would you rather be right or would you rather be happy? Stacey says she and her husband, Eddie, made a plan when they got married -- and it didn't have anything to do with Eddie's current goal of becoming an ultimate fighting champion.  Now she's giving him an ultimatum: "Give up the dream or give up me!“ Then, an entire family faces off against a mother in a debate about the weight of her 8-year-old daughter. Plus, a 30-year-old virgin saving himself for his soul mate wonders if he made the right decision. And, Jylana is determined to home school her son, but her husband, Mike, says he'll miss opportunities and become socially stunted. What does Dr. Phil think? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2006, 3:59 am CDT

Home Education

I read  somewhere on these pages about the young lady who was home schooled and hated it but whose three siblings love it.  She went on to say that she barely speaks with her parents now, literally despised being home educated and how she loves the college life.  To her I give a gentle but fact-filled reminder....Dr. Phil's shows thrive because of situations.  He has broken families on his shows all the time, teens and parents that are at odds and guess what?  They are PUBLIC and/or PRIVATE SCHOOLED.  Chances are that you'd be at odds with your parents regardless of what type of schooling you had and you are blaming being home educated as the root of your problem. 

Dr. Phil's question for his upcoming show on home education makes my blood boil.  It is worded in such a way that he is going for the 'home school is the only way crowd'.  He does not want intelligent discussion about home schooling, or to bring families on who have had/are having success with it to show it in a positive light and as another option for education...no, his sole purpose is to shed a negative light on a form of education that already has a negative stereotype. Dr. Phil doesn't want to ask, "What do you do at home to ensure that your children are getting out of the home and around other children/people?"  Which is a non-argumentative questions, it is a question that one asks who wants to learn, he doesn't want to learn, he wants to tell home schoolers and Americans why home educating past the 8th grade is wrong.  I personally cannot stand him and why so many Americans tune into him as an 'authority' is beyond me.  My bullcrap radar has gone off on the few times I've watched his show. 

I think home schoolers would be wise to not answer his call.

September 14, 2006, 8:38 pm CDT

Changes

We have decided to send Malikhi to public school and he is doing great. He seems to be more responsible, he is always singing new songs, and he is enjoying his new friends. We will keep you posted on his progress.

Mike and Jylana

October 18, 2006, 10:47 am CDT

homeschool clarification

I just wanted to clarify my post from several weeks back. I do not have a problem with any type of schooling public/privte/homeschool. I think each has it's strengths and weaknesses, and you have to find what works best for your child. Someone asked me if I thought it was ok to force a child to go to PS, because I brought up that I do not belive in forcing a child to homeschool. I don't think it's right to force a child into any schooling situation.  I think initially a parent has to make a very well thought out decision, but I also think that the child definately has to have input on this, because it will affect their lives forever. I think it is very wrong for a parent to force a child into a schooling situation when the child is terribly unhappy, because I think it accomplishes nothing,  a child will then have resentment and regret issues, which aren't healhty for anyone public, private, or homeschool.  Letting a child be in a situation where they aren't happy and are miserable is not "what's best", I think it's very arrogant sounding of parents to say that when I really don't belive that they always know what's best. I really do think children do have the capabilites of knowing what's best for them in certain situations.  And please, please, please DO NOT EVER force a child to do what you want for selfish reasons. I think some parents homeschool for themselves. Just my 2 cents.

October 30, 2008, 7:55 pm CDT

12/26 "I Am Right!"

Quote From: krogers

My husband was a virgin when we married at 30 years of age. It was the greatest gift that he could give me. Virginity is something to be treasured and be proud of. If a women does not apprciate it then she is not the right women for him. Keep your morals and beliefs strong and the right women will appreciate it one day.
I've just turned 30 and I'm a virgin its scary to think let alone say and to tell you the truth I"ve never told anyone.  I'm an independant person and feel nervous when dating because don't know really  where to meet guys.  Hope will overcome this soon because I'd love to get into a serious relationship one day and eventually have children!!!

First | Prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | Next Page | Last Page