Message Boards

Topic : 10/26 More Sex With Kim Cattrall!

Number of Replies: 331
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, October 20, 2005, 02:52:57 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

She played the part of sexy “Samantha Jones” in the hit TV series Sex and the City. Now Kim Cattrall has written her second book about female sexuality. She joins Dr. Phil to help couples with questions achieve sexual satisfaction. Wayne and Erin were virgins when they got married. Now, two years later, Erin still isn't achieving the big "O."  Then, Tom wishes his wife, Kathy, would make some noise in the bedroom. She says she's just shy -- so why does she moan when she eats good food? Plus, he begs her to do it, but she thinks it's disgusting. Hear Dr. Phil's advice for an engaged couple facing oral sex issues. And, a married couple asks how to put the fire back in their sex life. This show is strictly adults only.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 23, 2005, 4:34 pm CDT

10/26 More Sex With Kim Cattrall!

Quote From: branrw21

"I think sex is over rated.  Yes, it's nice.  When you first get married, you have it all the time and then it simmers down a little.  That's life. " 

It usually simmers because when couples have children, they stop being friends and lovers and start being moms and dads, like Dr. Phil says. Sex is like a garden, you have to keep maintaining it. So when you don't, the spark disappears. Even though the feelings are natural, the techniques are learned and need to be constantly challenged. People give up on this too easily and assume that this is just supposed to happen, when it's not. IMO, people who actually don't like sex are generally those who aren't comfortable in their sexuality. 

just my 2 cents 

I agree with that.   However, even people who don't have children still experience a decline in sexual activity after they have been married awhile.  Let's face it, when you first get together with someone, you have sex three times a day...that's not the norm in a "normal" relationship.  Once you feel more comfortable with someone, you slow it down to once a day.  Some people actually experience a decline in sexual desire after having children also.

October 23, 2005, 5:48 pm CDT

Quote From: irishmom

I agree with that.   However, even people who don't have children still experience a decline in sexual activity after they have been married awhile.  Let's face it, when you first get together with someone, you have sex three times a day...that's not the norm in a "normal" relationship.  Once you feel more comfortable with someone, you slow it down to once a day.  Some people actually experience a decline in sexual desire after having children also.

Actually that depends on what you define as "normal". There are many different definitions of normal. What's normal for you, might not be normal for someone else, and so forth. I think that may have to do with how comfortable you feel in doing certain things, at least to some degree. But once a day sounds great to me!! LOL!!! But to explain, many people don't even get once a day. They barely even get once a week! 

October 23, 2005, 7:26 pm CDT

Quote From: branrw21

Actually that depends on what you define as "normal". There are many different definitions of normal. What's normal for you, might not be normal for someone else, and so forth. I think that may have to do with how comfortable you feel in doing certain things, at least to some degree. But once a day sounds great to me!! LOL!!! But to explain, many people don't even get once a day. They barely even get once a week! 

That's why I put "normal" in quotes!  By normal I mean, what is the most common.  I don't think there really is such a thing as normal.  Once a day sounds good to me too, but I'm one of those who don't even get that!

October 23, 2005, 9:40 pm CDT

SEx and Love

Sex between a husband and wife is an expression of love - a celebration.  In this light - why would one partner pressure the other to do things that they are uncomfortable with?  Shouldn't sex be a way of expressing love to his/her spouse?  I think America is 'over sexed' - placing way too much emphasis on sex - how often - where - techniques.   It's all over the tabloids and at the check out counter in the super market.  There are multiple books on how to enjoy it - and yet we are a sexally frustrated society - with a continual increase of divorces.   Why not just love your mate?  Why not do what is comfortable and enjoyable for your spouse?  --------unless, of course, there is a genuine problem - like a spouse who was abused in some way that makes them closed off or dysfuncional --- or a medical problem......     Just some thoughts. 

October 24, 2005, 1:16 am CDT

At 3 in the afternoon

Dr. Phil comes on at 3 in the afternoons where I live.  My kids are usually home from school at this time.  I don't think this topic should be discussed in time periods where kids can listen in.  The topics that are going to be discussed should not be heard by kids.  I know I can just turn off the tv but sometimes my kids turn on the tv without me knowing it.  They love watching Dr. Phil.  They are 13 and 15.  We are a Christian family and believe in waiting until marriage.  We don't believe in shacking up either.  I certainly don't want them exposed to some liberal ideas like this show's guest probably will have. 

October 24, 2005, 4:33 am CDT

:"Sex and the City" very godd movie.

I'm mariagge just 6 months and befor i did'nt think about sex as much as I think now.I always watcht "Sex and the City" and I think that I learnd a lot from this movie about emotions,passion and meening of good sex.I think that if people want to have a great sex,they should live with the moment,and do what they wanna do in the moment,don't plan this moments in bedroom,just go and do it.

October 24, 2005, 4:49 am CDT

More Sex With Kim Cattrall!

Hello from an English guy in Denmark……

Well, I’ve read the leader from Dr. Phil and the letters and comments from various members of the Dr. Phil community……    

I just want to say – you guys that see the current shows are lucky …. Here we get to see older versions of the shows, several times in the course of a year                

Bummer, right?        

Right – that said… down to business…..

Poor Erin missing the big “O”.

There can be several reasons. Is she, or Wayne, (both maybe?), anxious, impatient, not   experienced enough?  

I’m sure they will be guided in the right direction              

What about Tom wanting his wife Kathy to make some noise during sex? Well, Kathy …. A few moans do tell a guy whether or not his woman is feeling good at certain moments in time. You can even speak if you don’t want to moan  

October 24, 2005, 5:02 am CDT

Hello Mrs Stud :-)

Quote From: wirth69

When I read about an up coming show with the couple who were virgins' when they got married,my heart sank. I believe with all my heart that people SHOULD NOT WAIT for marriage to have sex. That idea is really impractical. I am not saying people should sleep around and have sex with anyone they meet,but would you buy a car without a test drive! There is a real possibility that you and the person you think is your perfect mate may not be sexually compatable! You my be adventurous and they,more conservetive.What if they have desires that you find disgusting? 

My mother waited and tells me"If I would have tried it before I married,I damn sure wouldn't have married it." My Grandmother(who is nearly 80)says "Young people should live togther before they get married because you never really know someone til you have lived with them" 

I tell my kids'(daughter 13 , son 18)they should wait til the subject of marriage comes up,but not waiting doesn't them immoral people. 

Four months ago I married the man the kids and I have lived with for 5 years! And no,neither one of feel we were a bad influence on the kids. 

sincerly, 

Mrs.Stud 

P.S. His kids' (ages 23-31)thought it was a good idea to live togher first,too! 

I almost fell off my chair laughing when I read your comment that read : "...would you buy a car without a test drive! " 

I have driven some old bangers in my time (Tongue in cheek!). Of course, I know what you mean, and yet, (whilst on the car scenario), when you buy a used car you buy someone else´s problems. Luckily, there is a warranty on used cars. *teasing* 

Young, middle aged, or whatever ...... it is a good idea to live with someone before getting married. 

To have a person who has seen you cry, vomit all over the place, helpless at one time or another, and to have that person there through thick and thin, and to have him/her therewhen all is calm,  is a good indicator. 

I agree with you and congrats from me to you and yours on your wedding - Best wishes :-) 

October 24, 2005, 6:38 am CDT

Worried

I enjoy sex very much and like to have it at least once a day.  I have been in a monogamous relationship with my boyfriend for over three years.  The problem is that most of our sexual energy goes into satisfying his desires:  he does not try to satisfy mine at all and he needs to "browse" via looking at other women to get stimulated.  I do not know what to do.  Any suggestions?

October 24, 2005, 7:54 am CDT

Quote From: irishmom

That's why I put "normal" in quotes!  By normal I mean, what is the most common.  I don't think there really is such a thing as normal.  Once a day sounds good to me too, but I'm one of those who don't even get that!
Ahh, got ya!! LOL, sorry!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last