Message Boards

Topic : 10/26 More Sex With Kim Cattrall!

Number of Replies: 331
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, October 20, 2005, 02:52:57 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

She played the part of sexy “Samantha Jones” in the hit TV series Sex and the City. Now Kim Cattrall has written her second book about female sexuality. She joins Dr. Phil to help couples with questions achieve sexual satisfaction. Wayne and Erin were virgins when they got married. Now, two years later, Erin still isn't achieving the big "O."  Then, Tom wishes his wife, Kathy, would make some noise in the bedroom. She says she's just shy -- so why does she moan when she eats good food? Plus, he begs her to do it, but she thinks it's disgusting. Hear Dr. Phil's advice for an engaged couple facing oral sex issues. And, a married couple asks how to put the fire back in their sex life. This show is strictly adults only.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 24, 2005, 8:16 am CDT

10/26 More Sex With Kim Cattrall!

Quote From: insurpt

Sex between a husband and wife is an expression of love - a celebration.  In this light - why would one partner pressure the other to do things that they are uncomfortable with?  Shouldn't sex be a way of expressing love to his/her spouse?  I think America is 'over sexed' - placing way too much emphasis on sex - how often - where - techniques.   It's all over the tabloids and at the check out counter in the super market.  There are multiple books on how to enjoy it - and yet we are a sexally frustrated society - with a continual increase of divorces.   Why not just love your mate?  Why not do what is comfortable and enjoyable for your spouse?  --------unless, of course, there is a genuine problem - like a spouse who was abused in some way that makes them closed off or dysfuncional --- or a medical problem......     Just some thoughts. 
I don't think it's really about pressure, I think it's about the "why" they are uncomfortable. There can be many reasons. If you don't figure out the "why", then you won't be able to resolve the issue at hand. One reason why someone may be uncomfortable with certain sexual acts, may be because they aren't very comfortable in their own sexuality. I think it's about the "issue" and not so much the "topic". IMO, I don't understand how someone doesn't like oral sex, other than the fact that they aren't very comfortable in their sexuality. They don't like to explore sexually. I think usually that's the case. In order to really enjoy sex, you need to be very sexually confident and comfortable in your own skin.

October 24, 2005, 8:21 am CDT

Sex after 20 years of being together

I need to watch wednesdays show and read her book.  I've been married for 17 years, three kids, loud house , never alone time and when we are alone at night it's late and I'm so tired.  I have no desire to have sex.  I'm 38, I've wondered..is it my age or am I tired of  my husband and want romance with out screaming kids.  How can you fuss at your children for 30 minutes to go to bed get yourself all worked up and then be in the mood for sex.  I know 1/2 of the problem is me, I won't deny that, but sometimes I think my husband gets tired of me.
any advice would be great, i want my marriage to last because I know no matter who I am with it will happen again.

October 24, 2005, 8:23 am CDT

Quote From: tautology

I enjoy sex very much and like to have it at least once a day.  I have been in a monogamous relationship with my boyfriend for over three years.  The problem is that most of our sexual energy goes into satisfying his desires:  he does not try to satisfy mine at all and he needs to "browse" via looking at other women to get stimulated.  I do not know what to do.  Any suggestions?
Have you talked to him about this? Tell him that your relationship isn't just about him, it's about you too, and you have desires just as much as he does.

October 24, 2005, 9:34 am CDT

More Sex

I am really looking forward to this show.  I believe that so many couples really don't have a clue to what is involved in pleasuring each other.  And it starts with communication.  I mean, honestly, this is the person with whom you plan to spend the rest of your life and the person with whom you are the most intimate - talk about what you like and don't like (preferably with your clothes on - away from the bedroom)... 

And don't be afraid to give your mate a running play by play on what feels good or what doesn't...how else are they going to learn?  There is so much to learn and the benefits and rewards are endless.  And please, don't be shy - this is the man you love - your best friend, certainly you can talk to him, tell him what feels good - Oh!  Yes!  A little harder, or go slower, or OH! YES!  THAT'S IT!   

If you're having difficulty having an orgasm, RELAX!  Relax, get into yourself and what you are feeling.  If you concentrate and really think on what you are feeling, what your husband is doing to you...it will come, believe me it will come - and then you'll be on top of the world! 

I always let my lover know I'm thinking of him - always...from sexy messages on his cell phone - to sexy and erotic emails.  I love the idea of his sitting in his office having erotic thoughts about me.  Wow!  And then when he gets home - well, you can just imagine how glad we are to see each other!  Sometimes, we even have supper!   

Yes, we don't have children to worry about - so that gives us much more freedom, but don't be ashamed to hire a baby sitter and rent a motel room! 

We are in our early 60's...and hardly a day ever goes by that we don't enjoy making love to each other.  On the weekends, sometimes it's two and even three times a day.  We love the intimacy, the closeness and the pure joy of giving pleasure to the person we love more than anything. 

And although I applaud anyone who is comfortable enough about themselves to be ok with experiencing their own fantasies - whether it's sex in public (don't knock it unless you've tried it) or multiple partners or whatever, my lover and I have way too much fun with each other - sorry, I'm not sharing.  I have a problem with adding a third person to our bed - making love to each other then becomes sex.  Maybe we're just "old enough" to think that there is a difference. 

October 24, 2005, 10:15 am CDT

Quote From: branrw21

Have you talked to him about this? Tell him that your relationship isn't just about him, it's about you too, and you have desires just as much as he does.
I have talked to him and he states that the usage of the images of other women is just necessary to him and that he just is not able to stimulate me.

October 24, 2005, 12:16 pm CDT

Quote From: tautology

I have talked to him and he states that the usage of the images of other women is just necessary to him and that he just is not able to stimulate me.

How does he know that he isn't able to stimulate you? Aren't you supposed to know that and show him how? That seems very selfish on his part to just give up and use an outlet as an excuse for not being with you and trying to stimulate you. He's being disrespectful to your needs and desires, whether he knows it or not. I think maybe you need to slow down with pleasing him or stop alltogether, and see what his reaction is. Has he always been like this?  

Or, he could be shy or scared about pleasuring you, just a thought. 

October 24, 2005, 12:30 pm CDT

Oh Man, I can't wait for this show!!!!

October 24, 2005, 3:33 pm CDT

Quote From: tn_angel05

I need to watch wednesdays show and read her book.  I've been married for 17 years, three kids, loud house , never alone time and when we are alone at night it's late and I'm so tired.  I have no desire to have sex.  I'm 38, I've wondered..is it my age or am I tired of  my husband and want romance with out screaming kids.  How can you fuss at your children for 30 minutes to go to bed get yourself all worked up and then be in the mood for sex.  I know 1/2 of the problem is me, I won't deny that, but sometimes I think my husband gets tired of me.
any advice would be great, i want my marriage to last because I know no matter who I am with it will happen again.

I don't know how old your children are - but do they go to school? Now you may think I'm terrible for saying this, but if the children are in school - why not take a sick day from work [both of you] and spend the day together? 

Sure, I know - it's terrible to take a sick day when you aren't sick. But you know what? If you get divorced or just live in misery you WILL be sick soon enough. The stress that results from unhappiness is just not healthy.  

So, find a day together when the children are in school and then DON'T spend the day cleaning the house or talking about money. Snuggle! Take a bubble bath together! Hold hands! Sit on the couch and cuddle while you watch a movie! Whatever puts the two of you together is a good thing.  

I've been married for almost 27 years now, two children, both still at home, and sometimes we just need some time to be together without anyone else around. It feels like a date. And the 'naughtiness' of calling in sick just adds a little spice to the day.  

Live your life - remember, you don't get a do-over.  

October 24, 2005, 3:37 pm CDT

Quote From: kaykwilts

Dr. Phil comes on at 3 in the afternoons where I live.  My kids are usually home from school at this time.  I don't think this topic should be discussed in time periods where kids can listen in.  The topics that are going to be discussed should not be heard by kids.  I know I can just turn off the tv but sometimes my kids turn on the tv without me knowing it.  They love watching Dr. Phil.  They are 13 and 15.  We are a Christian family and believe in waiting until marriage.  We don't believe in shacking up either.  I certainly don't want them exposed to some liberal ideas like this show's guest probably will have. 

If your children are 13 and 15, they are probably hearing views much more shocking than this expressed in their school each and every day. If you really want to take control, watch the show with your children. Give them your side of the issues and listen to the other sides. Then talk among yourself about what they've heard in school, what they believe, and what your faith teaches you. Sometimes the shows I disagree with most lead to the best discussions with my own two children.

October 24, 2005, 8:02 pm CDT

Good for women!

Sex...it destroyed my youth, restricted me in marriage...then I found a man who thought I was the most amazing and beautiful creature that ever lived, and it unlocked my sexual freedom. I just couldn't get enough of the intense hours of love making. Unfortunately, after 2 years, I realized there was nothing else that I liked about him. I learned that sex isn't enough. Now years later, I am seeing a pattern of women being free to express themselves sexually, but when they want to settle with that one special man, the baggage of past partners is an issue to get over before an amazing relationship can happen...me included. So I have come to the conclusion that the idea of "giving yourself  freely" should not mean you can have my body for free. Women have to remember that giving of their mind, body and soul is a precious gift. It should be given only with serious thought and consideration...and only to someone worthy of having the precious gift. You can't discover if someone is worthy of all of you in just one night or even in a few weeks. You have to be able to see that person in many different situations, to see how he handles life. Then you must decide, " Is this the person I want as a witness to my life?" Does he deal with situations in a way I can accept? Does he treat me in a manner that is acceptable to me no matter where we are and who is around? Does he respect my boundaries and does he have good healthy boundaries? If you don't know about some of these things I have written, I suggest you read a good book to help you out. You are too special to just give yourself to anyone. If you have been doing this...it is never too late to change. I used to feel like used goods...now I know how much I am worth and no one is ever going to get me for cheap again. This applies to men too. There are good and bad men and women out there. No discrimination. Think about your worth, bring up your expectations, when you are well matched with someone and it is not based on sex...the amazing sex will happen because you will feel free to explore and be yourself with that person. That's where good books can help iron out little kinks. Sorry, I haven't read Kim's books. I heard the first one was good. Hope to read the second one. Sex can be fun, great and healthy, but I much prefer intense, spiritual love making.  

Love yourself the way you want others to love you... 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last