Message Boards

Topic : 10/26 More Sex With Kim Cattrall!

Number of Replies: 331
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, October 20, 2005, 02:52:57 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

She played the part of sexy “Samantha Jones” in the hit TV series Sex and the City. Now Kim Cattrall has written her second book about female sexuality. She joins Dr. Phil to help couples with questions achieve sexual satisfaction. Wayne and Erin were virgins when they got married. Now, two years later, Erin still isn't achieving the big "O."  Then, Tom wishes his wife, Kathy, would make some noise in the bedroom. She says she's just shy -- so why does she moan when she eats good food? Plus, he begs her to do it, but she thinks it's disgusting. Hear Dr. Phil's advice for an engaged couple facing oral sex issues. And, a married couple asks how to put the fire back in their sex life. This show is strictly adults only.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 24, 2005, 8:09 pm CDT

Hope this helps

Quote From: druidcanuk

I don't know how old your children are - but do they go to school? Now you may think I'm terrible for saying this, but if the children are in school - why not take a sick day from work [both of you and spend the day together? 

Sure, I know - it's terrible to take a sick day when you aren't sick. But you know what? If you get divorced or just live in misery you WILL be sick soon enough. The stress that results from unhappiness is just not healthy.  

So, find a day together when the children are in school and then DON'T spend the day cleaning the house or talking about money. Snuggle! Take a bubble bath together! Hold hands! Sit on the couch and cuddle while you watch a movie! Whatever puts the two of you together is a good thing.  

I've been married for almost 27 years now, two children, both still at home, and sometimes we just need some time to be together without anyone else around. It feels like a date. And the 'naughtiness' of calling in sick just adds a little spice to the day.  

Live your life - remember, you don't get a do-over.  

Is it possible to take a date night once a week or every second week? You may want to talk to some friends. You may find someone with the same issue and one week they can keep your kids, the next week you can keep theirs. Maybe once a month can be an over-nighter. I agree, you definitely need romance. I hope he understands this. I have 4 kids from 9 to 23...sometimes, we would have a bath when the kids went to bed...in the tub you can talk about the day while you give each other a foot message. Then you go to bed and maybe be in the mood. If not, go to sleep...set the alarm for 4am, wake up to make romantic love, then go back to sleep. It worked on those weeks we really needed it and couldn't get away. It was exciting to sneak around in the middle of the night.  

October 24, 2005, 8:21 pm CDT

10/26 More Sex With Kim Cattrall!

I am interested in watching the show. 

This is one of a few areas that I'd like to refine in the relationship I have with my wife. 

I'm looking for suggestions for coaxing a shy/conservative into a confident explorer. 

Grant. 

October 25, 2005, 6:26 am CDT

Quote From: dianedb

Sex...it destroyed my youth, restricted me in marriage...then I found a man who thought I was the most amazing and beautiful creature that ever lived, and it unlocked my sexual freedom. I just couldn't get enough of the intense hours of love making. Unfortunately, after 2 years, I realized there was nothing else that I liked about him. I learned that sex isn't enough. Now years later, I am seeing a pattern of women being free to express themselves sexually, but when they want to settle with that one special man, the baggage of past partners is an issue to get over before an amazing relationship can happen...me included. So I have come to the conclusion that the idea of "giving yourself  freely" should not mean you can have my body for free. Women have to remember that giving of their mind, body and soul is a precious gift. It should be given only with serious thought and consideration...and only to someone worthy of having the precious gift. You can't discover if someone is worthy of all of you in just one night or even in a few weeks. You have to be able to see that person in many different situations, to see how he handles life. Then you must decide, " Is this the person I want as a witness to my life?" Does he deal with situations in a way I can accept? Does he treat me in a manner that is acceptable to me no matter where we are and who is around? Does he respect my boundaries and does he have good healthy boundaries? If you don't know about some of these things I have written, I suggest you read a good book to help you out. You are too special to just give yourself to anyone. If you have been doing this...it is never too late to change. I used to feel like used goods...now I know how much I am worth and no one is ever going to get me for cheap again. This applies to men too. There are good and bad men and women out there. No discrimination. Think about your worth, bring up your expectations, when you are well matched with someone and it is not based on sex...the amazing sex will happen because you will feel free to explore and be yourself with that person. That's where good books can help iron out little kinks. Sorry, I haven't read Kim's books. I heard the first one was good. Hope to read the second one. Sex can be fun, great and healthy, but I much prefer intense, spiritual love making.  

Love yourself the way you want others to love you... 

Right on! :) 

"Sex can be fun, great and healthy, but I much prefer intense, spiritual love making." 

Just out of curiousity, why not have both? It really all depends on the mood at the moment. 

October 25, 2005, 8:41 am CDT

Quote From: gallen

I am interested in watching the show. 

This is one of a few areas that I'd like to refine in the relationship I have with my wife. 

I'm looking for suggestions for coaxing a shy/conservative into a confident explorer. 

Grant. 

Speaking from experience, you need to make her feel like she is the most beautiful woman in the world.  If she feels sexy, she'll act sexy too. 

October 25, 2005, 10:21 am CDT

Quote From: druidcanuk

I don't know how old your children are - but do they go to school? Now you may think I'm terrible for saying this, but if the children are in school - why not take a sick day from work [both of you and spend the day together? 

Sure, I know - it's terrible to take a sick day when you aren't sick. But you know what? If you get divorced or just live in misery you WILL be sick soon enough. The stress that results from unhappiness is just not healthy.  

So, find a day together when the children are in school and then DON'T spend the day cleaning the house or talking about money. Snuggle! Take a bubble bath together! Hold hands! Sit on the couch and cuddle while you watch a movie! Whatever puts the two of you together is a good thing.  

I've been married for almost 27 years now, two children, both still at home, and sometimes we just need some time to be together without anyone else around. It feels like a date. And the 'naughtiness' of calling in sick just adds a little spice to the day.  

Live your life - remember, you don't get a do-over.  

HA! I knew it- a fellow canuck :)  We've been married 22 years with 2 kids at home. Whenever we feel ourselves drifting apart, we do this, too-take a business day off, stay home alone and send the kids to their sitter (a while ago) or school (now) and just stay home and play the day away. We have some activities we enjoy together that make too much noise to do when the kids are home (we have some alternative pervs). 

We also have our bedroom on a separate floor from our children and we can lock the door and enjoy our privacy but noise always carries and I can still remember hearing things from my own parents that I didn't need to hear so I am sensitive to that issue. 

October 25, 2005, 10:34 am CDT

Quote From: tn_angel05

I need to watch wednesdays show and read her book.  I've been married for 17 years, three kids, loud house , never alone time and when we are alone at night it's late and I'm so tired.  I have no desire to have sex.  I'm 38, I've wondered..is it my age or am I tired of  my husband and want romance with out screaming kids.  How can you fuss at your children for 30 minutes to go to bed get yourself all worked up and then be in the mood for sex.  I know 1/2 of the problem is me, I won't deny that, but sometimes I think my husband gets tired of me.
any advice would be great, i want my marriage to last because I know no matter who I am with it will happen again.

I'm 46 so it isn't your age.  Most of this is in your head but there is some prep that can help. I find  that I need some time, usually in the shower, to switch gears from mommy to lover.  I need to relax and focus on feeling everything-the water and the soap. I touch myself all over and imagine the things we are going to do.  

Then, having privacy to groom and dress for pleasure helps.  It can be really erotic to smooth lotion over your just shaved fun bits and slick some lipstick on. I have a whole drawer full of lingerie-just wearing thigh high stockings and cute undies makes me feel sexual. 

but sometimes I think my husband gets tired of me.

That is the death knell to happy frolicks. To have a happy sex life you need to make him feel like he is the sexiest man ever and vice versa.  If you are feeling undesired by him, you won't be able to open up and experiment. 

October 25, 2005, 10:38 am CDT

15 yr old

Quote From: patrathbun

Unfortunately, I can't let my 15 year old daughter watch this show.  I may be interested but it's right at dinner time.  Darn.

Perhaps the both of you should watch the show together. She's prolly hearing cruder things at school or other peers. She be taught that sex should be romantic and passionate, most importantly. respected. Wouldn't you want to teach her what you think is appropriate.  The show could spark the conversation. I would also think she'd be very curios as to what's going to happen to her. Her emotions. 

October 25, 2005, 10:50 am CDT

Quote From: kaykwilts

Dr. Phil comes on at 3 in the afternoons where I live.  My kids are usually home from school at this time.  I don't think this topic should be discussed in time periods where kids can listen in.  The topics that are going to be discussed should not be heard by kids.  I know I can just turn off the tv but sometimes my kids turn on the tv without me knowing it.  They love watching Dr. Phil.  They are 13 and 15.  We are a Christian family and believe in waiting until marriage.  We don't believe in shacking up either.  I certainly don't want them exposed to some liberal ideas like this show's guest probably will have. 

I have always talked to my children about sex because: 

- I truly want them to have a healthy, open attitude towards sex.  I believe hiding and secrecy teaches them fear and shame. 

- I want them to feel comfortable with me to discuss sex when they do have questions or concerns. That means I have to be comfortable talking to them too.  When I was pregnant with my son and my 5 year old daughter was curious, we talked a lot (she even asked me what it felt like!) 

- I want to teach my children my values and not let the media and their friends do it for me. That means watching something like the show Friends together with them and discussing the story line.   

Your children will be exposed to liberal ideas no matter what you do. I have chosen for my children  to allow the exposure to happen when they are with me, where we can discuss it. 

October 25, 2005, 10:51 am CDT

Issues ??

Quote From: ckirtlan

I would be interested in watching Dr. Phil talk with you and your husband about these issues you've brought up. There are so many issues....an extra person in the bed, how will you teach your children about sex, the difference between sex and lovemaking. Would make a great show....

Do you really think I have issues. It seems very normal to me.  Other then my issue of my husband presently plays RPG game and has no sexual interest in me. Which I might have found out HIS problem concerning that last night. I posted in Discussion Board - Sex...lol go figure!! 

I know my husband loves me and I fall in love with him more everyday! There was no conflicts between us concerning the threesome. I think women are beautiful and the whole experience was very passionate. Maybe I'm 'Bi-sexual' ... yahoo! 

As for having sex in public places, I would never ever have sex in a place where children would be able to 'catch' us. That's flat out wrong. I'm talking about private public places. The woods, the van .. hidden places really. Just not always in our bed! 

My children understand that I believe sex is natural, it happens between two people who love each other, that sex only happens when you get married (even if that never happened with me), that they have to respect having sex b/c of all the downfalls that could happen to them if they aren't careful!  

I have been teaching my children about sex since they were little. To respect them selves and to be comfortable with their sexuality, I never taked about sex or anything realted to sex with my parents. 

SEX today is EVERYWHERE, that's where are future is SEX SEX SEX. You can't change that. Embrace it. Love yourself I say!  And let others love and accept you too! 

October 25, 2005, 10:55 am CDT

Quote From: branrw21

How does he know that he isn't able to stimulate you? Aren't you supposed to know that and show him how? That seems very selfish on his part to just give up and use an outlet as an excuse for not being with you and trying to stimulate you. He's being disrespectful to your needs and desires, whether he knows it or not. I think maybe you need to slow down with pleasing him or stop alltogether, and see what his reaction is. Has he always been like this?  

Or, he could be shy or scared about pleasuring you, just a thought. 

I have never known anyone that selfish and lazy that changed.  Think about the rest of your relationship.  I'll bet this isn't the only area he's lacking!  Until you know that you deserve to be treated with love, caring and dignity, you will settle for less. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last