Message Boards

Topic : 08/25 Extreme Food Obsessions

Number of Replies: 371
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 28, 2005, 02:17:57 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 11/03/05) What if you were so obsessed with eating that it almost killed you, or craving food so badly that you yelled, kicked and screamed when you couldn't get enough. Nichelle's 6-year-old daughter has Prader-Willi Syndrome and constantly wants to eat. She once threw a fit so loud, the neighbors called the police. Can Nichelle learn to control her own temper when her daughter has a tantrum? Then, Dr. Phil follows up with Kathy, an anorexic whose condition was so severe, she weighed only 68 pounds. She spent three months in treatment, but her struggle is not over yet. Can her family learn the difference between supporting her and enabling her? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 18, 2008, 8:30 am CDT

I wishDr. Phil would make it easier to find the Get Real Retreat.

I know Dr. Phil is very concerned about the eating disorders. In fact I found out about the Recovery Ranch while seeking info from another facility in California. He is linked to the Recovery Ranch Website for sending someone there for an eating disorder. Well, I have an eating disorder brought on by a sever addiction to cocaine (mainline) and crack and alcohol and weed. I have hepatitis and have lost 22 lbs over the last 6 months. I started using again last Christmas and it's so severe I hardly even leave my house. I'm five ft. tall so I can't afford to weigh just 100 lbs. I know this topic is on eating disorders and in a way I am suffering from that because I can't eat. I really need Dr. Phil's help and have sent quite a few emails and even sent a CD to his LA address. I still have had no response. I am definitely in a huge amount of trouble. I started using when I was 11, over 35 years ago. I've had some success at sobriety, but this time, I can't kick it. I've been to so many treatment centers and have so many issues that I think only Dr. Phil could help me. Plus I trust him. I'm on 6 different medications for ADHD, Borderline Personality, Generation Suiciadal Clinical Depression. 3 people in my mothers  family have committed suicide, my great grand father, my cousin, and my second cousin. I also have PTSD from a very innapropriate relationship with my father. And of course I have alcoholism and drug addiction. The first treatment center I went to, I was 14 and they kicked me out for sneakin valium and pot into the place.

I apologize for posting off subject but I'm desparate. I don't know how to reach Dr. Phil to see if he could help me. I think with the Hepatitis, I may be in a lot of danger right now and don't know how to get out.

Please, please, if anyone knows how to get a hold of Dr. Phil, I could forward him a CD that documents my efforts to reach him for the Get Real Retreat and on the CD I've exposed my illness with humiliating scenes of me living my nighmare.

Please, please, if anyone can help get this to him, I would be so grateful. I've already talked to Melissa at the Recovery Ranch in Tennesee, that deals with all my issues, but it is very expensive and I don't have those kind of funds.

Again, sorry to post on the wrong forum, but I'm losing hope and I'm posting to as many as I can to maybe get a chance to get into contact with him.

Thank you, whoever reads this and can maybe help

Sincerely,

Susan

First | Prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | Next Page | Last Page