Message Boards

Topic : 08/17 Dr. Phil's Road Show: Newlywed Challenge

Number of Replies: 100
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 04, 2005, 02:39:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard3

(Original Air Date: 11/07/05) Dr. Phil takes his show on the road! Newlyweds already on the brink of divorce compete in a series of challenges to see if they have what it takes to work together in less-than-perfect situations. Can the couples find their way around an unfamiliar city with the men driving and the women navigating? How do the men do when they are in charge of their wives' makeovers? They've cheated on each other, have explosive fights and you wouldn't believe the names they call each other. Will their relationships survive the competition? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 7, 2005, 12:46 pm CST

11/07 Dr. Phil's Road Show: Newlywed Challenge

Quote From: slayton

I just think it's really selfish of both you and your husband to be treating each other that way.  I'm not saying my relationship is perfect.. God knows I'm not.. But I'm just saying ya'll should apperciate each other more than you do.. My husband is on his second tour to Iraq in the last year and half.  And I would do anything to be with him now..  If you really can't stand each other that much just get over it and move on. 

Hunh? 

She didn't say anything about her own relationship (I don't think she mentioned her husband at all, or did I suddenly forget how to read?).  She was only quoting what she thought might be going through these kids' minds. 

November 7, 2005, 12:58 pm CST

Huh?

Quote From: kleesun

Hunh? 

She didn't say anything about her own relationship (I don't think she mentioned her husband at all, or did I suddenly forget how to read?).  She was only quoting what she thought might be going through these kids' minds. 

I think Slayton was replying to Nicole's post.   It's easy to hit the wrong "reply" button.  But thanks for having my back!

November 7, 2005, 1:27 pm CST

Good for you!!!

Quote From: niclee

Hi My name is Nichole and my husband is Tom.  We were recently on the Roadshow Challenge this morning.  I find it kind of disturbing that people are so judgemental.  I read through these messages and all of the sudden people are so quick to put someone down and praise their own relationships.  I feel that if there were cameras in everyone's house we would all see something that we didn't like.  The fact that one woman says her marriage is so perfect now but this is BOTH of you and your husbands SECOND marriage.  So obviously you had problems in that marriage that you felt were not worth saving.  This is my FIRST marriage and I am putting my self out there to say OK I'm not perfect, but I do love my husband and I want to know what I can do so we do not end up in divorce.  I will not GIVE UP and I will make sure we go to all ends to mend our marriage.  My husband and I are worth it.  So, I don't feel that anything the woman is saying about her second marriage has any validity to it, because you know what you failed once TOO!!  Please just let me say this that for every 5 to 10 minutes you see us fighting, there is also 15-17 HOURS of us laughing and having a great time.  My husband and I kissed a lot and showed a lot of support towards each other during the show, but you will not see that because it was edited.  Please keep in mind as well, we are human beings who make mistakes.  We pick ourselves up and learn from these mistakes.  We have a lot going for us and our marriage is better now that we have admitted our faults.  I feel sad for the people who want to always live in denial and will not admit that it is hard to be in a marriage and NO ONE is always happy, I don't care who you are.  Everyone has bad days.   

Thanks, 

Nichole 

Good for you Nichole! No one knows what goes on behind closed doors... some people often portray themselves as better than they are. I recall recently an episode of Dr. Phil where a wife/mother pretended to the whole world they were the "stepford" family but in reality they were more miserable than the average family. Everyone has their problems and good for you for trying to make your marriage work. To many people give up because it is so easy. It's funny that for some people to get married (depending on religion) have to do extensive counseling and many other processes before they can even be married but to get divorced all you have to do is say that there are irreconcilable differences. Just doesn't seem right. It's to bad that people are judgmental when they themselves have their own faults that many seem to put on the back burner and forget about. I myself have been divorced and I know I am not perfect and it takes two to make it work and it takes two to not make it work. I am glad you and your husband are trying. Good luck to both of you....  

November 7, 2005, 1:34 pm CST

Quote From: niclee

Hi My name is Nichole and my husband is Tom.  We were recently on the Roadshow Challenge this morning.  I find it kind of disturbing that people are so judgemental.  I read through these messages and all of the sudden people are so quick to put someone down and praise their own relationships.  I feel that if there were cameras in everyone's house we would all see something that we didn't like.  The fact that one woman says her marriage is so perfect now but this is BOTH of you and your husbands SECOND marriage.  So obviously you had problems in that marriage that you felt were not worth saving.  This is my FIRST marriage and I am putting my self out there to say OK I'm not perfect, but I do love my husband and I want to know what I can do so we do not end up in divorce.  I will not GIVE UP and I will make sure we go to all ends to mend our marriage.  My husband and I are worth it.  So, I don't feel that anything the woman is saying about her second marriage has any validity to it, because you know what you failed once TOO!!  Please just let me say this that for every 5 to 10 minutes you see us fighting, there is also 15-17 HOURS of us laughing and having a great time.  My husband and I kissed a lot and showed a lot of support towards each other during the show, but you will not see that because it was edited.  Please keep in mind as well, we are human beings who make mistakes.  We pick ourselves up and learn from these mistakes.  We have a lot going for us and our marriage is better now that we have admitted our faults.  I feel sad for the people who want to always live in denial and will not admit that it is hard to be in a marriage and NO ONE is always happy, I don't care who you are.  Everyone has bad days.   

Thanks, 

Nichole 

Hi Nichole  

I didn't see the show yet, but I really hope that your marriage can be saved.  It's very hard for me to see how you and your husband treat eachother.  I am a newlywed myself, and I'll say some days are not peachy keen, but we have never called eachother names like you and the other guests.  Best of wishes, and I really hope you two can find a way to better handle tough situations and learn to respect eachother. 

November 7, 2005, 2:12 pm CST

Why the nasty names?

I guess I'm a bit stunned that people who profess to love one another can call each other such horrible names, even in the heat of the moment. 

No marriage is perfect and couples are going to argue or disagree. Give and take is part of any marriage. But it just blows my mind. I cannot imagine calling anybody those horrible things. Especially my husband. 

No, I'm definitely no marriage expert. My husband and I have disagreements. But there's a big difference between fighting fair and personal attacks, no matter how justified it may feel at the time.  

November 7, 2005, 2:40 pm CST

Grow UP

I am so angry with these so called "in love" couples. How can they possibly expect a marriage to grow if either of them go into it with the attitudes they have. In 51 years, I have never used that kind of language to or about my husband and even though he is a saint, I am not sure he would put up with that! 

Sure, we have had our share of arguments, but never in front of others (especially our kids), and never with the hurtful, foul language that seems to be common to these couples. 

It is time for them to grow up and realize that other people (their spouses) have feelings too and so do these innocent children. They are supposed to be role models of correct behavior, not examples of how vile they can be! 

November 7, 2005, 2:44 pm CST

Quote From: missjane2

OH MY GOD!  1st Barry and Katie..... you're engaged/honeymooning and you are pregnant with someone else's baby?  If you get pregnant you are suppose to accidentally get pregnant with your fiance's baby, not someone else's baby!  (Why didn't you marry the one you got pregnant with?)  This confuses me!  Woah!  Starting out a marriage with someone else's baby....too much.   Tom and Nichole.....  Nichole you tell him to go back to his exgirlfriend!  He gets you pregnant and then doesn't show up for 17 months cuz he's with his ex?  And then cusses you out?  And then wonders why he's not getting sex?  duh?  His ego's too big and he's confused.  Nichole he doesn't deserve you.  Send him back to his exgirlfriend.  You can do better than that.        
 I have a feeling that these next couple of days are going to busy....replying to messages and just reading all of them that people post.  My name is Katie and my huband, Barry, and I are the yellow team.  Just to respond to this quote: when I got pregnant with another man's child, Barry and I had only been seeing each other a few months and he was actually living five states away snowboarding for the winter.  I was very very young and in college at the time and got pregnant from a one night stand.  I told Barry about it and it was HIS choice to stay.  Please please please PLEASE readers, remember that what you see on TV has been edited over and over again and you are never getting the 100% whole story. 

November 7, 2005, 3:03 pm CST

Love to see Dr Phil in his own challenge

I was watching today and saw the newlywed challenge..and thought it a bit unfair. 

As I watched I was thinking how me & my husband would react (best friends, married 21 

years) and was thinking we'd do it this way or that..and how well we'd do....or would we?  

These challenges presented a lot  of pressure on kids who already have a lot of stress.. 

I would be really interested in seeing how couples happily married a long time would do  

under the same pressure ... I would REALLY love to see how Dr. Phil & Robin  

would do in high pressure challenges like this....it's great to sit back and make comments 

about the newlyweds...but it would be really neat if Dr. Phil could show us how the "experts"  

would do...maybe we can all learn something! :-) 

November 7, 2005, 3:13 pm CST

newlyweds ont he road.

I am really looking foward to Dr.phils advice with this one! I have been married for almost 4 years,a nd have three children,  Sure my husband and I have had arguments every now and then, but we always hear eachother out, and don't name call. We try to just sit down with eachother and tell one another how we feel, and hear eachother out and then come to a compromise. It has helped for me to watch Dr.Phil everyday,and I have the book, family first, that I read, and sometimes read again, when I feel it's needed. My husband helps me out with dinner,and changing the kids diapers. The most thing's we have fought over of course is money, and then I would say how we spend our time , and with who we spend it. I think it helps both of us a lot, to have one of our parents watch the kids,and have time to ourselves. I can't wait until our kids are older so we can have date nights, and go out to dinner, or to the movies once a month or something like that to be able to connect still.

November 7, 2005, 3:24 pm CST

What Newlyweds?

I saw Page Davis on Dr. Phil. Wow! I did!! I used to watch Trading Spaces just to see her. I knew she had such talent that it would not be the last I heard of her. Guess what? Dr. Phil Show! Wow! I knew she could do it. Take care of her Dr. Phil. She has what it takes. Now I will watch for sure, just so I do not miss Page. More of her, Dr. Phil, more please.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last