Message Boards

Topic : 08/18 Dr. Phil's Road Show: Newlywed Challenge, Part 2

Number of Replies: 99
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 04, 2005, 02:45:55 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard3

(Original Air Date: 11/08/05) Dr. Phil's Road Show continues as he puts newlyweds to the test! Three barely married couples on the verge of divorce go through a series of stressful challenges so Dr. Phil can see how they really communicate and work together. How will the women do when changing a tire under the direction of their husbands? Plus, what happens when the couples have to learn the Tango in only 30 minutes and then perform for a celebrity judge? Dr. Phil tells them exactly what they need to do if they don't want to end up another divorce statistic. Plus, big prizes for the Road Show winners.  Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 8, 2005, 3:45 pm CST

Agree Agree Agree

Quote From: kathieb6

For the first time I feel the need to post even though I have read the boards many times.  I felt the prizes today were over the top and not what these couples really needed.  Counseling would have better consequences.  I will be married happily to the same man for thirty years in Jan., raised four children. It has been work at times, but the rewards knowing that we love each other very much and God willing,  will grow old together. Thankfully I have lost 92 lbs. this last couple of years and feel like I am in my 30's again.  Dh has always been concientious about taking care.  Going on a cruise or taking a trip to an island is something we will probably never be able to do, because we have always totally devoted our time and financial resourses to raising our children.  Last one starting college this next year.  Now we must save any extra money we have with the constant thoughts of possible job layoffs,  so trips are not on our agenda.  Why don't you reward couples that have worked hard at their marriages and raised good families.  Having a show on that would be more interesting.  

I totally agree with everything you just said. It is almost exactely what I was going to say.  I am so proud of you, even though I don't know you.  I have lost 100 pounds myself. and You sound like you and your husband are the true image of what a acomplished hardworking happy marrige can be. God bless you and your family.  You guys sound like good people. 

Phoebe 

November 8, 2005, 4:01 pm CST

so negative!

OK the one couple  with the heavy set tall man were so unbelievably NEGATIVE!  He and she ALWAYS had nasty frowns and scowls on their faces! No wonder they don't get along. it was almost embarrassing to watch them act like pouting little children.! They should be ashamed of themselves. I can guarantee they will be divorced in  no time.

November 8, 2005, 4:09 pm CST

Love Yourself

Quote From: wifeyblues

I have been married almost two years and my husband and i fight ALL THE TIME. I watch dr.phil everyday and i try to apply his words of wisdom to my relationship but it is just hard. My husband and i are so diffrent and we come from diffrent families.  I am or use to be a happy go lucky person i had so many friends and i looked at life with such a diffrent aspect than many others. but my husband is very diffrent he is rude and never sees good in anything he doesnt have any goals and is so selfish. I blam his family and the way he was raised. I love to be around my family and love to have my best friend who might as well be my sister and her family over all the time and my husband is so rude to them it has gotten to the point that my mom will not come over and wont talk to me on the phone when he is around because of his manorism. He says really mean things to me all the time and i cry just about everyday. Everyone that knows us has told me to leave but dont want to give up on him, I love him and  i want things to work. does anyone have any advise that would help me make my marriage last/ 

You need to love yourself before you can truly love anyone else.  You have to truly believe in your heart that you deserve happiness and deserve a man who treats you like his Queen.  I've been in a lot of relationships like yours.  Once I decided that I was no longer going to settle for just any man I stopped putting up with this B.S.  Some woman believe that   "Any man is better than no man"   Not True.  You have to believe in yourself.  Be honest with yourself, you don't love this man, how could you love someone who treats you this way.  You love what you wish he could be.  You know what you need to do, I hope you find the courage.  Believe me "You will survive" without him and maybe you will find your true self.   Good Luck 

November 8, 2005, 4:11 pm CST

cannnot blame

I cannot blame the men for not wanting anything from their nagging wives! the women have to first of all stop cursing, and putting their husbands down. No wonder they want to be with other women! they do not know the first thing about being a WIFE.  They need God for one, and please read the book created to be his help meet maybe you'll learn something before it's too late. 

November 8, 2005, 4:13 pm CST

Here Here

Quote From: farvista

Watching these Women try to change the tires discusted me.  They should heve been able to complete this task with out any instruction at all.  I assume they all drive cars.  I don't blame the Husbands for getting frustated, I would be too if my spouse was that helpless.
I was thinking the exact same thing.  I learned how to change a tire when I got my drivers license at age 16, that was 25 years ago. 

November 8, 2005, 4:27 pm CST

Hit The Road

Quote From: katrin

Verbal abuse can be worse than physical which it seems as if that is what he is resorting to also. I would separate and require him to get help. I understand you don't want to leave because of the baby but it would be worse for the baby to grow up in an abusive household. If he is angry he lost his job I understand but grow up, be a man, find another one, stop the self pity.  

Your 12 year old will really be affected by this in later years if you don't do something about it now. You don't want him to treat his future wife like that because that's what he grew up with and that's all he knows. Your son will respect you more if you stand up for yourself.  

Your husband pushing you with your child in your arms is a clear sign that he "NEEDS HELP". Again, I think you should find another place to stay until this is resolved, it may get worse!!! You need to think about your children!! Name calling and tantrums are not a positive way to communicate, you need to help your family. You need to protect yourself and your children. Please take the first step and do a separation... it doesn't mean it will end in divorce but if you don't do something now, you could end up worse than divorced. He could really hurt you and or your children. Good luck to you!!!  

IF MY HUSBAND EVER CALLED ME THE  "C" WORD HE WOULD HIT THE ROAD BEFORE HE EVEN TOOK HIS NEXT BREATH.

November 8, 2005, 4:28 pm CST

11/08 Dr. Phil's Road Show: Newlywed Challenge, Part 2

THESE COUPLES NEVER HAD A NICE OR POSITIVE WORD TO SAY TO EACH OTHER. EVERYTHING WAS CRITICAL AND SARCASTIC (WHICH MEANS TO TEAR FLESH), AND THEY WERE REALLY LOOKING FOR BLOOD IN SOME OF THEIR REMARKS....I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THEY EVEN GOT MARRIED......ALSO......... 

I WAS SHOCKED....COMPLETELY SHOCKED AT WHAT THE WOMEN DID NOT KNOW ABOUT A VEHICLE. I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT IN THIS DAY AND AGE THAT WOMEN ARE NOT BEING TAUGHT ABOUT THE UP KEEP OF A CAR. MY FATHER TAUGHT ME EVERYTHING THAT I KNOW. I HAVE PASSED ON THAT KNOWLEDGE TO MY DAUGHTERS. WE ARE CAPABLE OF CHANGING TIRES, DOING BRAKES (FRONT AND BACK), CHANGING AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID, OIL CHANGES AND TUNEUPS. I HAVE HELPED ON A CLUTCH JOB, TRANSMISSION REPLACEMENT, PUTTING IN A NEW OIL GASKET AND HEAD GASKET, WATER PUMP, STARTER, ALTERNATOR AND MANY OTHER THINGS THAT I CAN'T THINK OF AT THE MOMENT. MY FATHER TOLD ME WHEN I FIRST STARTED DRIVING....YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN SOMETHING MAY GO WRONG WHILE I WAS OUT ON THE ROAD BY MYSELF....AND THE ONLY PERSON YOU CAN COUNT ON OUT THERE IS YOURSELF.....SO I MIGHT AS WELL BE SELF RELIANT....AND BABY I AM ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! 

November 8, 2005, 4:31 pm CST

Good Luck!

I` m wishing the 3 couples ---Good Luck to start their new life after Dr Phil`s show today. I hpoe the new page which they open from now on is a topic based on love, commitment and sacrifice. I pay to God that they are happy ever. Plse dnt forget Dr Phil`s advice --3 Newly Wed Couples.Bye..... 

============Well Wisher.. 

November 8, 2005, 4:38 pm CST

11/08 Dr. Phil's Road Show: Newlywed Challenge, Part 2

Quote From: vnterry62

I was thinking the exact same thing.  I learned how to change a tire when I got my drivers license at age 16, that was 25 years ago. 

I would not be discusted with them. I know how to do many things on my vehicle and but if I was stuck with a flat tire I would probably have to call someone. I mean, I can mow and bail hay, but I can not change my own tire. Plus, it was a huge Hummer tire, look at how big those are, they are not some Honda tire. 

By the way: Go Dr. Phil for using Hummers!!!! If there was one vehicle I could drive for the rest of my life it would be a yellow H2. I just can't afford it!!!! 

November 8, 2005, 4:48 pm CST

In respose

Quote From: grammy4u

Hey all, This is my first time on here and I just wanted to say I watched Dr.Phil show today and I can understand how each one of the woman feel.. I been married for 19 years and let me tell you I been though alot and I wonder how it worked out. I been in abuises relationships and I left for a year and 2 months and got back with my husband to work on my marriage sometime I think this isn't going to work at all. I want to talk to others about abuse and sign of it. Than I think how can I when I'am in it myself.. I hope the couples on the show all the luck..  

I just want to respond to you, and what you said about you. My advice to you is please seek God because he will guide you, and he does answers prayer.  God Bless

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last