Message Boards

Topic : 11/11 Dating Disasters

Number of Replies: 142
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 04, 2005, 02:52:56 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard3

If you’ve been asking yourself "How can I find a man?" Dr. Phil's Dating 101 is for you! Lexi thinks her cousin, Angel, is too shallow because she will not date a man unless he's a perfect 10. Dr. Phil puts Angel to the test by setting her up on three blind dates — and she’s the blind one!  Then, meet Heather, 27, who wants her meddling mother to stop joining her on her dates! Her mom, Anita, says she enjoys being the third wheel and loves staying in touch with her daughter's ex-boyfriends. Dr. Phil challenges Anita to find three eligible bachelors for her daughter, go on dates with them, and then narrow it down to one lucky man!  Plus, a single woman wants to know why all her online dates just want to have sex.  Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More November 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 15, 2005, 5:44 pm CST

The guy who blew the competition away...

Yo, let's bring back Roy, the cutest, nicest, most winning guy who passed the test with flying colors. Our 'blind' gal wasn't the only one who thought him a winner. Right on!

November 16, 2005, 11:15 am CST

Confusion

Quote From: kiss01

I think the shallow one's name was actually Lexi.  It's saying that Angel was the cousin.   

Sorry Angel -  I was of course, speaking of Lexi, the one who went on the blind dates. 

From the header info: 

"Dr. Phil's Dating 101 is for you! Lexi thinks her cousin, Angel is too shallow because she will not date a man unless he's a perfect 10. Dr. Phil puts Angel to the test by setting her up on three blind dates — and she’s the blind one! " 

November 18, 2005, 12:10 am CST

Internet dating sucks

I've tried the internet dating thing forEVER and they all suck. Didn't matter how nice of a description I put in my profile, the only thing it got was cobwebs.  I'm pretty much sick of the whole dating thing and have just concluded that I'm going to walk the earth a lonely old lady.  Internet dating sucks, any kind of dating sucks and it's made me bitter. 

November 18, 2005, 8:18 pm CST

Shallow Lexi

I just watched a repeat of the "Dating Disasters" show.  I was very shocked and dismayed by the attitude expressed by Lexi.  I believe that she will wind up being a lonely, sad person if she continues to focus too much on the looks of a man.  Sure, most people would like to date someone who is attractive, but that can't be the only thing between two people.  Looks fade, people grow older, or they may become disfigured, is that any reason to leave someone that you profess to love?   

I also believe that her real problems revolve around  her insecurities about herself.  To my mind, any person who refuses to date someone of their own race does not love them-self.   As she sat there with her fake, blond hair flowing, I think she didn't remember or know that she is black.  When she had the nerve to tell Dr. Phil that she had nothing in common with black men, I thought I would throw up.  Also, she must not believe that she is beautiful herself because she needs to have someone handsome to validate her own attractiveness.  It's like she's saying to the world "look at who I've got, I must be pretty too".  I hate to burst her bubble, but she would be lucky if most men rated her above a 4 on a scale of  10.  

Finally, I was outraged because she had the nerve to say that she would accept being treated badly and would take a man who was unemployed as long as he was good looking(and white).  She was mess.   

November 18, 2005, 9:24 pm CST

11/11 Dating Disasters

Quote From: c0da86

They mentioned "The Getty" 

Just wondering what it is. 

:) 

A fancy restaurant in Malibu.

November 22, 2005, 12:24 am CST

Match dot com Conn Artists

Does anyone know of a site where discussions occur about those men in match.com who try to conn women?  I would love to know about some of the men on there because I dated one for almost 4 years and he turned out to be a fraud.  He had 50 credit cards, 10 year old photo, lied about his age, etc.  Severely overweight, too.  We never had sex, and I only dated him that long because he went to my high school and I thought I could trust him. 

Please Advise! 

November 23, 2005, 12:59 pm CST

Anita and Heather

I know Anita personally, from working with her. I'm 23 and married. To the person who says she needs to get a life - wow you don't know how wrong you are! She is the most active and social woman I have ever met! As for sending the ex-boyfriend on the trip - they are friends. If you have the means, why not?  

November 23, 2005, 6:47 pm CST

?????

Quote From: jstubbs68

A fancy restaurant in Malibu.

Please tell me you were kidding or being a smart aleck 

J Paul Getty Museum 

http://www.getty.edu/ 

November 24, 2005, 10:20 am CST

Go Roy!

Quote From: emwriter

Yo, let's bring back Roy, the cutest, nicest, most winning guy who passed the test with flying colors. Our 'blind' gal wasn't the only one who thought him a winner. Right on!

Would like to see Roy back on the Dr. Phil show!!!   

He seemed like a very interesting, pleasant, down to earth guy, and with his winning smile and good looks, I would like to see more of him. 

November 25, 2005, 6:41 pm CST

Dear Maiden

Quote From: uagrad

I am a 43 year old, never married woman. I am terrified of meeting the wrong person. I would love to get married to the right person; but am very anxious about meeting the wrong guy. I hear so many horror stories from friends and television that I am petrified to even try dating. Unfortunately, I am not a social butterfly and am about 20 pounds overweight. I am very self conscious of my looks because I was always a fat kid and don't have have alot of self esteem. I consider myself shy and uneasy around people. I think Internet dating would be my only option because I think I would at least tell my story honestly since I don't "have anything to lose" with someone I would have already met. Unfortunately, I am very scared to meet someone on line because I know there are sexual predators and liars out there. Does anyone have any suggestions? I can only see myself alone and an old maid for the rest of my life.

You are not an old maid, I am 46 and have the exact same fears as you do.   

My best advice to you is this: NEVER SHOW YOUR HAND.   

As in all good card games, don't lay it all out on the table.  You still have good years ahead of you to fulfill dreams. 

;D 

First | Prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next | Last