Message Boards

Topic : 11/11 Dating Disasters

Number of Replies: 142
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 04, 2005, 02:52:56 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard3

If you’ve been asking yourself "How can I find a man?" Dr. Phil's Dating 101 is for you! Lexi thinks her cousin, Angel, is too shallow because she will not date a man unless he's a perfect 10. Dr. Phil puts Angel to the test by setting her up on three blind dates — and she’s the blind one!  Then, meet Heather, 27, who wants her meddling mother to stop joining her on her dates! Her mom, Anita, says she enjoys being the third wheel and loves staying in touch with her daughter's ex-boyfriends. Dr. Phil challenges Anita to find three eligible bachelors for her daughter, go on dates with them, and then narrow it down to one lucky man!  Plus, a single woman wants to know why all her online dates just want to have sex.  Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More November 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 11, 2005, 3:40 pm CST

The Eye of the Beholder

I was flabbergasted (I love that word) that someone could be so blatant about admitting they are looking for a "soul mate" soley on the basis of looks, height, position of their eyes (?) etc.  This young woman is destined for a long lonely life.  Her vanity and conceit are so unattractive it doesn't even matter what her physical appearance shows about her.  If there is a man on earth that finds her attractive, let's hope that Dr. Phil will do an update and let us see that there truly is someone for everyone.

November 11, 2005, 3:44 pm CST

GhettI???

Quote From: slyons9944

Kudos!!! 

I don't normally do this kind of thing but this it burned at me so bad I just had to write in as the show was being aired. I have been looking back to see if anyone else had made any comments because I knew I could not have been the only one appauled. So it is quite refreshing to see another person comment on one of Lexi's real issues! Especailly a Black man. As a Black woman myself I was so disappointed and I can clearly see that she also does not like herself. Hopefully, you will check back and you can see my 10 page (smile) response. 

Thanks for also pointing out that she is not a 10 herself. Hmm...is she even a 5??? 

Maybe there will be a follow-up show. I would love to see her real issues addressed. 

I beleive she was asking about the Getty in Malibu, CA.

November 11, 2005, 3:54 pm CST

Gimme a Break

A superficial egomaniac, a spineless momma's girl, and a shatterbrained airhead.

November 11, 2005, 4:11 pm CST

If you keep believing then.....

I, like millions, watched today's show and agree with the overall....Angel is leading her life in a way that is only going to dissappoint her at every turn.  First of all, she doesn't believe in herself and that's just plainly evident.  She places too much on such trivial things that are everchanging (physical appearance, money, material things) and should treasure more the things in life that won't change.  A person's qualities, beliefs, desires, dreams...etc.  These things are what truly make a person who they are!!!!! and they won't change.    

I am 35 years old, an attractive woman (so I've been told) and lived through many disastrous relationships!! As we all have!! lol   When I was younger I placed alot on physical attractiveness instead of internal attractiveness!  Boy did I learn my lessons the hard way!! 

I always try on a daily basis to learn from others and when I encounter someone who has lost a little faith in love I tell them this: 

I have been through a short marriage after a 5 year relationship with the same person only to end up divorced as like all women, I have the "Saint Syndrome" (with enough guidance I can change him)!  I've dated alot  of good, bad and ugly.  Enjoyed alot of dates, met alot of different people and had my heart ripped out to the point that it physically hurt.  My best friend of 15 years started sleeping/dating a man that I thought I loved behind my back for 3 months before I found out from her 16 year old son!!!  Not only did I lose him but I lost her friendship also.    I gave up and took some time to heal.  Then I tried the internet dating thing......lots of stories there but I won't get into those disasters!  Finally after giving that up the very last email I received was from a very special man!  Alot of people don't realize what it is that they need to do in order to "sift" through every profile to find what it is they are looking for.  I was smart enough to know that I didn't want to date every man who mailed me!!!!!  One email though came through and when I read it and looked at the pic I will admit that he was physically different than the "friends" I'd already made.  I don't know how to explain it but there was something in his brief words that got me and so we continued to email each other about twice a week.  I had alot going on in my life at that time and so mailing some guy wasn't on my priority list.  Every time though when I sporadically checked my emails there was a msg from him.  It made me feel somehow.......intrigued.  After a few weeks of this we chatted on msn and every single thing he typed was perfect.  He is not a player, liar, superficial, materialistic or fake individual and to this day remains exactly the way he was when I met him!   We finally decided to meet and when he got out of the car he was more beautiful to me in person than what I ever dreamed.  He has also turned out to me the most amazing human being I have ever met!!!!  Inside and out!!!  Don't get me wrong, he is very attractive, 6'2 and heart of gold!  Our very first date we both knew that each other was going to be the last one for both of us.  It felt like we had always been friends!  I treasure this man every day, even when I'm angry, and he shows me and tells me daily how much I mean to him!  So I say this to everyone: if you believe in yourself and believe that you deserve true happiness and nothing less than that confidence and happiness will exude from you and you will find the person you were meant to be with! 

I didn't give much to internet dating but after my experience and finding what I've always known was out there for me.......I suggest everyone try it!!!!! (Who's single that is!) 

November 11, 2005, 4:24 pm CST

Aside from the shallowness...

of Shallow Gal, I thought this show was one of the most enjoyable I've seen. I got to see a fun side of Dr. Phil and it was a joy, to be quite frank. So much so, that it prompted me to sign up here and comment. It's always good when our superficialities, and such, are exposed to us. We could all use that ourselves at some point in our lives. But to do it with such humor is very therapeutiic. Kudos to Dr. Phil for this show.

November 11, 2005, 4:27 pm CST

Why is she so conceited?

This woman who is so picky needs some makeup advice for her droopy eyes. I feel sorry for her! Rob

November 11, 2005, 4:37 pm CST

Offended

Dear Dr. Phil,  I'm a 34 year old African American female. I was so appalled by your guest Lexi. For her to say she didn't have anything in common with black men was the most outrageous thing I've ever heard. To also say that black men don't know how to swim or that they don't go out to expensive places was also crazy. Most of all she's not close to the 10 that she thinks she is. She must have low self esteem or something for her to put up with a man that would treat her badly just because he looks good. Looks are not everything. She should be honored for a black man to even look at her twice let alone take her out somewhere. Don't take this personally but white men are not all that. I must admit when I was younger I would only date men that were 6' or taller and had money to spend. To my surprise I fell in love with the total opposite. He's 5'9", 7 years older than me and a blue collar guy. He is my best friend and I could never see myself with anyone but him. Hopefully one day Lexi will wake up and realize that black men are the BOMB!!!!

November 11, 2005, 4:50 pm CST

11/11 Dating Disasters

Quote From: robbielaw

This woman who is so picky needs some makeup advice for her droopy eyes. I feel sorry for her! Rob
That's called Sanpaku. It *usually* denotes illness or physical and/or spiritual imbalance.

November 11, 2005, 4:54 pm CST

Mystery solved thanks!

Quote From: walkindead

It is a museum in Los Angeles.  I believe it is affiliated with an educational institution.  Here is a link to the website:   http://www.getty.edu

I guess it's like the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) in Toronto 

:) 

Thanks! 

November 11, 2005, 4:57 pm CST

Angel is no 10

Angel, 

Someone lied to you or your mirror is cracked. Halle Berry and Beoncye are black women who are perfect 10's. You my dear do not come close. I am applauded that you would  stereo type all black men and your father is black. All the challeges black men face everyday in this country, you just confirmed what racist white Americans like to hear.   Its obvious you have a very low self esteen, because you would except any man as long as he is good looking. I hope you get just what you asked for ,and that handsome white man you want, use you, abuse you, then you leave you for a white girl.  Ha! Ha! 

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last