Message Boards

Topic : 11/11 Dating Disasters

Number of Replies: 142
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 04, 2005, 02:52:56 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard3

If you’ve been asking yourself "How can I find a man?" Dr. Phil's Dating 101 is for you! Lexi thinks her cousin, Angel, is too shallow because she will not date a man unless he's a perfect 10. Dr. Phil puts Angel to the test by setting her up on three blind dates — and she’s the blind one!  Then, meet Heather, 27, who wants her meddling mother to stop joining her on her dates! Her mom, Anita, says she enjoys being the third wheel and loves staying in touch with her daughter's ex-boyfriends. Dr. Phil challenges Anita to find three eligible bachelors for her daughter, go on dates with them, and then narrow it down to one lucky man!  Plus, a single woman wants to know why all her online dates just want to have sex.  Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More November 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 3, 2005, 4:56 pm CST

re learning

Quote From: anothervio

Its true that you can't be happy with someone else if you can't be happy by yourself. But when youar e comfortable with yourself finding a good companion has a way of enhancing everything that you do. Humans are biologically built to be social creatures. married people overall, inspite of all the bad things you hear, have a longer avarage life span and are less likely to fill perscriptions for anti depressants (whatever that means).  But if you go into a relationship with emotional baggage expecting someone else toc  rry it for you and ease the burden; all you're going to do is bring someone else down and wind up worse off than you started.
After being married for sooo long and you knew right from wrong, all of the sudden it's all thrown out the window after a break-up. Now is trying to learn to be yourself. Being  available to date,  but the old school of dating has change  " the older man wants younger ladies half of our age", even if they are 60 years old
Reality hits you in the face and snap you awake.

December 8, 2005, 9:20 pm CST

11/11 Dating Disasters

Quote From: anothervio

Its true that you can't be happy with someone else if you can't be happy by yourself. But when youar e comfortable with yourself finding a good companion has a way of enhancing everything that you do. Humans are biologically built to be social creatures. married people overall, inspite of all the bad things you hear, have a longer avarage life span and are less likely to fill perscriptions for anti depressants (whatever that means).  But if you go into a relationship with emotional baggage expecting someone else toc  rry it for you and ease the burden; all you're going to do is bring someone else down and wind up worse off than you started.
 You know you are so right. Us, single person's,  I'm sure we understand this but when we are alone something happen to us.  aLike all of the sudden we can't find Ourselves, we feel lost. I find myself helping the other younger  person but when it comes to me. I don't know if I'm making the right decision. Like I have a brain freeze. I am a happy positive person but I still need to find the real me yet.

First | Prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next Page | Last Page