Message Boards

Topic : **Arkansas: Anyone in Arkansas?

Number of Replies: 66
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, November 10, 2005, 10:41:42 am
Author : asucowgurl

Hey!!  I am located in Jonesboro, Arkansas and wondering if there is anyone else out here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 2, 2006, 1:38 pm CST

On The Track To A Healthy Life

Hey everyone, well my name is Renee and I have been trying this dieting thing since I was a freshman in high school. Now I am 21 and I have finally had it with the way I look.. So here I am.  My sister and I have started eating healthy and exercising regularly. We started the beginning of January and I started at 380 pounds and I am now 364 pounds. I am on my way. I want to lose 200  pounds more. I never realized that I was THIS big. But I guess what counts is that I am doing something about it now. Anyone else out there? I live in Berryville, AR. Let me know how you are doing too.

February 4, 2006, 7:47 pm CST

hello Steff

Quote From: parnilly

hello i am looking for a buddy in arkansas to help with my weight loss. i need a suport group i feel so alone here in coal hill. is there some one out there for me??? i am female and 200 plus pounds. more plus than not!!!  e mail me at parnilly2000@yahoo.com    my name is stephanie or steff for short.

I live in Fort Smith.  I started losing weight 5 months ago.  I have lost 40 pounds.  I took Dr. Phils advice and started by cleaning out my WHOLE kitchen - dumping anything not on the up and up.  I then loaded it with healthy foods, veggies and fruit.  It has been slow lately, so I started walking.  yehaw.  I have 124 more pounds to go.  It took me years to put this on, so I know it will take a while to take it off.  SOOOOO, I set small goals....and I mean small.  First, I thought - 10 lbs, then 10% of what I need to lose.  Then 20 lbs, etc etc.  It has worked!  And I do NOT eat out but once a week.  I weigh on Thursdays, and eat a supper I like.  it can be anything, but I don't gorge.  I eat a meal, ONE.  It can be a mexican dinner, or a steak from western sizzlin - and I know there is a Sizzlin in Clarksville - about 15 miles up the road (sister lives in Clarksville)  Start today.  Do not set a date - just do it!  You CAN do it.  And I will watch for you.  My email is juliedobie@sbcglobal.net.   

February 10, 2006, 8:47 am CST

Is the group in Fort Smith still active?

There use to be a group in Fort Smith, AR and I was wondering if it is still active and if so, when does it meet??? Thank you,  

Lenora 

(Poteau, OK) 

February 27, 2006, 9:18 am CST

in arkansas with no friends or family need someone to help motivate me

My name is Kristin I'm  married with a 3 year old son.  We are living in Springdale,  I currently am a stay at home mom; but  really need some adult interaction!!  I would love to get in a excercise routine but finding it hard to do it by myself!  My family and friends are in Kansas, my husband's mom moved us here 3 years ago and I have HATED it ever since!!!!!!!  I think maybe if I were to meet people it would'nt be so bad.    

March 10, 2006, 1:45 pm CST

Anyone Can Talk to Me

I seem to be way down south from most of yawl.  I'm from Magnolia, AR, which is in the southwest corner.  I started my diet plan about a month ago, and so far it's going great.  I plan on reading Dr. Phil's book because my Dad just bought a copy.  I'm 6', and I did weigh 265.  So far, I lost seven pounds, and my short-term goal is to lose three more pounds by next Wednesday.  Anyone can e-mail me, and I'll share my plan.  Basically it's a low-cal and low-fat diet combined with exercise. 
     So far I'm right on target with losing two to three pounds a week.  I'm tired of living with fatness in every way possible.  It's really hard because I used to be an athlete, so I remember what it was like to not have all the little problems that I have now.  I was never skinny or even real thin, and some of my family members have always reminded me of that.  I don't have to be skinny--I would be happy just to be the size that I was, which was 14-16.  Even though that is considered plus-size, I looked good at that size.  I'm trying to change my lifestyle to lose the weight permanently and also for my wedding.
    So if anyone needs any encouragement, exercise tips, great low-fat and low-cal recipes, or tips on what to eat, I would be happy to help.  I'm not expert, but I would be happy to point anyone in the right direction. 

Good luck everyone,
Jennifer

March 13, 2006, 1:57 pm CST

What Happened?

Hi, 

I was on Dr.Phils diet almost 2 years ago. I did great and lost 50 lbs. I know this is kind of late but does anyone know what happened to his meal bars and vitamins?  I can't find them anywhere, and they really helped me last time.  I had to have an emergency surgery and gained some of my weight back and am on the diet again.  If anyone knows what happened to these products could you please let me know?   

Thanks, 

arpueblo 

March 13, 2006, 2:01 pm CST

I am in Northern Arkansas

Hello folks: 

My user name is arpueblo and I live in extreme northern arkansas.  I had been on the diet before and lost 50 pounds.  Then had an emergency surgery and gained some of the weight back again.  So now I am back on the diet again.  I can tell you that it does work great and gives you a lot of energy.  If any of you girl want to post a message to me, I will be glad to answer you.  How did you all make out last night in the storms?? (3-12-06)  We didn't do to bad up here, the houses and barn are still standing so we did just fine.  Will talk later. 

arpueblo 

March 19, 2006, 11:08 pm CST

**Arkansas: Anyone in Arkansas?

Quote From: epadgett

I live in the Searcy area, and I would love to have some buddies in Arkansas.  It would be great to have someone to be accountable to.  At my highest weight I was at 292, and I am pleased to say that I lost 50 lbs.  The problem that I am having now is for the last year I am at a plateau that I can't seem to get past.  At my highest point I was taking two different types of blood pressure medicines, and now I am off of them both.  I feel really good, but I so need to lose about 75 more pounds.  I could really use the encouragement, but most of all someone to answer to. 

Lanie 

Im also from searcy you can email me at laurajean2323@yahoo.com

April 1, 2006, 7:28 am CST

I'm in Cabot. if anyone wants a buddy that's close to me I'm willing. I've got right at 100 lbs to lose.

April 5, 2006, 2:16 pm CDT

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last