Message Boards

Topic : **Arkansas: Anyone in Arkansas?

Number of Replies: 66
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, November 10, 2005, 10:41:42 am
Author : asucowgurl

Hey!!  I am located in Jonesboro, Arkansas and wondering if there is anyone else out here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 30, 2006, 9:32 am CDT

Howdy

Im from Hot Springs and I too am overweight.. I think that is actually the first time I heard myself say that. I have a fear about my weight. A real FEAR, and ive got to come to grips with it. My mind, which loves to play with my emotions, tells me 2 stories. the first being my parents passed in 03 and 04 both of lung cancer and my mom being heavy practically shrank before our eyes. Loosing 18 pounds in less than a week. I think i have a hang up about that, cuz something inside teels me if I loose then I MUST be sick also..and that scares me, although Im a pastor I know better, but somehow i cant control that and it is very very dark in there. ive tried sountless diets, too many to name, but nothing has ever worked, I really gained alot of my weight after i quit smoking 6 yrs ago, i guess i exchanged 1 habit for another, so whihc is the lesser of the 2 evils..lol would love to talk with others from arkansas if just for support, i think it is vitally important to have support, so manytimes us moms get busy and we give the support , but when the time comes for ours, the buck stops here. Im facing 40 yrs of age in October and I would liek to say on my birthday that im starting a new healthier me, just cant for some reason.yall can email me anytime debbailey66@aol.com

August 10, 2006, 12:06 am CDT

Looking for a online support buddy

My name is Misty and I live in North Little Rock. I have been overweight since I was 12 and I am soon to be 42 and I am just sick of being overweight. We are on a limited budget and we buy the same food every week because it's all we can afford. Ramen noodles, chili, bologna, I am so sick of all these foods. I am hoping when I go back to work I can buy healthy nutritious foods for me and my family. I am hoping to find some buddies here that can help me out with losing weight and I hope I can be supportive as well.

August 11, 2006, 3:43 pm CDT

Forfot to add email address...

Here is my email address if anyone wants to contact me...mistystanley@sbcglobal.net

Would love to hear from anyone who has suggestions for dieting on a budget or just wants to chat or share ideas.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Misty

September 19, 2006, 2:27 pm CDT

fort smith

Live just north of van buren, looking for friend's to just chat with, am 60 yrs. old. do need to loose about 20 pound's. Seem's like the last few are alway's the hardest. My e-mail ladonna72956@aol.com

November 10, 2006, 9:17 am CST

Hi from Altus

Quote From: parnilly

hello i am looking for a buddy in arkansas to help with my weight loss. i need a suport group i feel so alone here in coal hill. is there some one out there for me??? i am female and 200 plus pounds. more plus than not!!!  e mail me at parnilly2000@yahoo.com    my name is stephanie or steff for short.

Hi Steph.  I am Carolyn and live nearer Coal Hill than Altus.  I have about 150 to lose and need to as soon as I can due to Osteo-Arthritis and Fibromyalgia.  I am disabled because of those and my back.  Are you on the diet?  I haven't really looked at it yet.  Have heard good things though.  My yahoo ID is xsunnyx1022.....  You may add me if you wish and we can chat.  

Have a great day!

Carolyn

November 11, 2006, 8:30 am CST

Anyone in Arkansas

Hi my name is Patti and I live in Green, Forest, Arkansas. I need to lose about 80 more pounds. I have lost 22 in the past 6 months. I am looking for someone to go through this with me to be a support and motivator. I would love to have a walking buddy or just someone to chat with. All my friends and family are in Maine and I am really lonely and have no friends and know no one here except for my husbands family. I would love to get back to Curves and would love a workout partner.  Anyone out there need a friend??

November 11, 2006, 8:56 am CST

**Arkansas: Anyone in Arkansas?

Quote From: koolkat

My name is Kristin I'm  married with a 3 year old son.  We are living in Springdale,  I currently am a stay at home mom; but  really need some adult interaction!!  I would love to get in a excercise routine but finding it hard to do it by myself!  My family and friends are in Kansas, my husband's mom moved us here 3 years ago and I have HATED it ever since!!!!!!!  I think maybe if I were to meet people it would'nt be so bad.    

Hi Kristen,

My name is Patti, I live in Green Forest. I too am alone here, my family is all in Maine. I moved here 6 months ago so my husband could care for his Mom and like you I hate it also. I live probably and hour and a half from you but if you would like to chat online that would be cool. I am sure I am much older, I am 46 if that doesn't bother you. I have been overweight for years and years but I have lost 22 pounds since I have been here and would like to lose about 80 more. If you would like to chat that would be fine with me. My email is arkiegirl53103@yahoo.com. Look forward to hearing from you.

December 27, 2006, 4:51 pm CST

Looking for friends

hello my name is heather i'm a mother of 3 and a student. i live in the searcy area. I'm going to the gym now and about to try another meal plan program. My weight has recently jumped to it's all time highest of 265. Mainly because i've been avoiding the problem. I would really like someone to talk with about it .All members of my family a really slim except my sister but her husband is about to get stationed in lasvegas.

December 28, 2006, 1:16 pm CST

**Arkansas: Anyone in Arkansas?

Quote From: sapphirerose

My name is Misty and I live in North Little Rock. I have been overweight since I was 12 and I am soon to be 42 and I am just sick of being overweight. We are on a limited budget and we buy the same food every week because it's all we can afford. Ramen noodles, chili, bologna, I am so sick of all these foods. I am hoping when I go back to work I can buy healthy nutritious foods for me and my family. I am hoping to find some buddies here that can help me out with losing weight and I hope I can be supportive as well.
Hello misty my name is heather I too have a limited buget. The best idea I've come up with as far as that is concered is portion control. It helps some. We buy the same kind of foods. I've been overweight for along time and have finially decided to do something about it.Let me know if you have any ideas on bugeting for healthy foods.

February 6, 2007, 4:32 pm CST

Overweight and on a budget for years now..

Quote From: searcygirl

Hello misty my name is heather I too have a limited buget. The best idea I've come up with as far as that is concered is portion control. It helps some. We buy the same kind of foods. I've been overweight for along time and have finially decided to do something about it.Let me know if you have any ideas on bugeting for healthy foods.
 Hi Misty, I am Debbie and I live in Sherwood..I have been overweight since I was 30 years old and now I am 48 going on 49. I have also been on a budget. So I totally understand what you are going through. I am drinking alot of Crystal Lite and eating alot of salads and veggies. I snack on different flavored wheat thins and it helps me. You and I should get together if possible. I am going to return to Curves here in Sherwood soon off of Kiehl Ave. Do you know where that is??Well, get back to me if you would like to talk anytime. My only child is a son who will be 27 this month and lives in San Diego and I am married and stay home now because of some health problems. So, maybe we can exercise together. I thank the Lord everyday that goes by when I am not in alot of pain. Take care,,,Debbie

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last