Message Boards

Topic : **Arkansas: Anyone in Arkansas?

Number of Replies: 66
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, November 10, 2005, 10:41:42 am
Author : asucowgurl

Hey!!  I am located in Jonesboro, Arkansas and wondering if there is anyone else out here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 14, 2007, 8:25 pm CDT

Need Exercise/Weight loss buddy

I'm 43-years old, divorced, mother of two grown children and live in Ft. Smith, Arkansas.  Anybody in the area interested in having an exercise and diet buddy?  I'd love to meet more people in this area so we can all support each other. I need to lose 40 pounds and really could use the help and the friends!  My e-mail address is paradiddlecardis@aol.com.  Drop me a note if you are interested!

Becky

October 26, 2007, 11:25 pm CDT

Hello Alisha

Quote From: nascarfan8

Hello there my name is Alisha I am from Williford Arkansas. And I started on a weight loss endevor about 4 months ago. I started a little thing called the South Beach Diet(Sorry Dr. Phil but I could not afford the book that you have out it was $5 verses $18) I love the Diet and now it has become a lifestyle and it is not hard to live with after you have been on it for a week. I was 230#'s when I started and now I am 208#'s and I still work on it everyday. But now I am less obesessed with it, like I said it is a way of life now for me. I just wanted to have other people to share my sucess with and hear their sucess stories to. I am here and I am a good listener......
  Hey Alisha, my name is Nancy and I live in Berryville Arkansas. I also am using the South Beach Diet plan. I started it a year and a half ago, at that time I weighed 340 pounds. I am now at 232 and like you am less obesessed with it. I still would like to lose 60 pounds so any input and/or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

November 7, 2007, 3:05 pm CST

Weight loss buddy in Arkansas

Hello my name is Patti and I live in Green Forest, Arkansas. In May I got some heartbreaking new that I needed to lose weight and quit smoking or I would be very close to death within the next 5 years. That really scared the you know what out of me. When I started I weighed 259 pounds and I currently weigh 220 pounds. I have made several attempts at the smoking and am still working on it. I really don't know anyone here, I have only lived her for a year and a half. All my family is in Maine. I currently work as a PCA in the homes of the elderly and they are the only interaction I get on a daily basis. My husband is gone out of state working 4 days a week. I am looking for someone close to me that would like to become a weight loss buddy or anyone who would like someone to talk to as a friend. I am 47 years old. Anyone out there who would like to work on losing weight together?? Be glad to hear from you. My email is arkiegirl726@aol.com.

January 16, 2008, 8:48 am CST

23 years old in Arkansas

For over a year and a half I have done everything to try to lose weight. I finally found something that works. I've lost 13 pounds in the past three weeks! I'm very excited about this, but of course, could still use some words of encouragment once in awihle. If anyone is feeling the same way, feel free to email me at lindseycothren06@yahoo.com . My name is Lindsey and I'm 23 years old with two beautiful little girls.  I need to be healthy not only for myself, but for them, as well.

April 10, 2008, 5:19 pm CDT

Bentonville, AR

I live in Bentonville, AR and actually am a member at a gym here in town.  I'm not obese, but I am overweight and could stand to lose about 30 pounds.  What you have to remember  is that I'm almost 6 feet tall so I'm good at hiding it places. ha ha

I would like for anyone in the Bentonville area that might want to meet me at the gym at nights after work to let me know.  I only walk on the treadmill for 45 minutes and then I enjoy tanning afterwards as a reward.  Well, I used to do this back in July.  I have gained the 15 pounds that I lost this summer back once I started teaching again. ARGH!

I hate walking at the gym by myself.  I would love to have a walking buddy! 

May 15, 2008, 9:02 am CDT

**Arkansas: Anyone in Arkansas?

Quote From: linds22

For over a year and a half I have done everything to try to lose weight. I finally found something that works. I've lost 13 pounds in the past three weeks! I'm very excited about this, but of course, could still use some words of encouragment once in awihle. If anyone is feeling the same way, feel free to email me at lindseycothren06@yahoo.com . My name is Lindsey and I'm 23 years old with two beautiful little girls.  I need to be healthy not only for myself, but for them, as well.

Hi lindsey...Im ashley. I just recently started my weight loss endevor, and i'm very excited and motivated about it. I would love to exchange email addresses and be vertual weight loss buddies...LOL.

you can email me at work at arcross@selectmedicalcorp.com

May 20, 2008, 12:47 pm CDT

Quote From: todaysmail

hey anyone, Im from Mountian Home Arkanasas and am about 100lbs over weight.(boy that was hard to say). Anyway anyone from around here that needs to lose weight. I would love to here from you, My addy is charlee322@yahoo.com please write and let me know about you. im disabled so its hard for me to excercise. Let me know about you.

September 12, 2008, 7:36 am CDT

I live in Bentonville also...

Quote From: mommytothree

I live in Bentonville, AR and actually am a member at a gym here in town.  I'm not obese, but I am overweight and could stand to lose about 30 pounds.  What you have to remember  is that I'm almost 6 feet tall so I'm good at hiding it places. ha ha

I would like for anyone in the Bentonville area that might want to meet me at the gym at nights after work to let me know.  I only walk on the treadmill for 45 minutes and then I enjoy tanning afterwards as a reward.  Well, I used to do this back in July.  I have gained the 15 pounds that I lost this summer back once I started teaching again. ARGH!

I hate walking at the gym by myself.  I would love to have a walking buddy! 

I belong to a gym here in town also.  I need to lose approx 100 pounds.  I too am tall and have been able to hide my extra weight, but those times are over.  I had a child 5 years ago, and it has been slowly getting harder and harder to keep off extra pounds.  And at 41,  I am finding that age is not helping the process.  I would be interested in meeting with you or conversing over e-mail for support.  My schedule allows me time at the gym during the day and not as much in the evening. 

Send me an e-mail and maybe we can work something out.

September 12, 2008, 7:37 am CDT

Quote From: jpower01

I belong to a gym here in town also.  I need to lose approx 100 pounds.  I too am tall and have been able to hide my extra weight, but those times are over.  I had a child 5 years ago, and it has been slowly getting harder and harder to keep off extra pounds.  And at 41,  I am finding that age is not helping the process.  I would be interested in meeting with you or conversing over e-mail for support.  My schedule allows me time at the gym during the day and not as much in the evening. 

Send me an e-mail and maybe we can work something out.

My e-mail is jerirn@yahoo.com...Sorry

September 12, 2008, 12:21 pm CDT

Another One in Arkansas

Hi,
I'm also looking for support in Arkansas.  I live in Ft. Smith.  I am 200+ pounds and 5 ft.9 inches....BIG GIRL!
I also have a progressive spinal cord disease and just recently had a couple weeks of IV steroid infusions which were so gracious to provide me with those extra 20 pounds.  HELP....How do I get started.  Does thisprgram give you meal ideas, etc...I haven't had a chance to research everything. Just say Dr. Phil yesterday and knew I needed to join the teams.
Any feedback would be appreciated.  My email is kris1128@cox.net.
Kristin

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last