Message Boards

Topic : 11/14 Dr. Phil and Robin's First Wives Club

Number of Replies: 382
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 11, 2005, 05:25:24 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1

They gave everything to their husbands: years of support, a good home and children. Then out of the blue, their husbands tell them they love someone else and walked out forever. Now, four angry, jilted first wives join Dr. Phil and Robin for an intensive two-day retreat to pick up the pieces, reclaim their independence and move forward with their lives. Will a wake-up call from Dr. Phil and Robin empower them to start over? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More November 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 11, 2006, 2:47 pm CST

How Dr. Phil only helped to make them look foolish

I think it was the worse show to date.  I am a loyal fan of Dr. Phil and believe he has helped tremendously to give good advice to all.  But when his answer to getting rid of the pain and anger wives feel after be abandoned and humilated by their adulterous husbands was to have  them hear that he was bored listening to their whining and to beat a chair was ridiculous!  This was only more humilating to them.  How could that help them to heal?  It  was Dr. Phil's lowest point.  I think treating someone how they treated you is not only the better solution but helps them to feel empowered and that helps them to find closure.  "An eye for an eye" would not be a notable saying if it weren't true.  Revenge is sweet and as long as it does not consume them, is so worth it.  Ruin them financially, emotional, spirituality............let them see how it feels to be treated in such a cold and heartless way.  Men are getting away with disposing of their family when something better comes along and all we are suppose to do is beat a chair?????????  Come on Dr. Phil.  Would you take that lying down?  You can do better.

Vicki Mitchell

February 3, 2008, 5:56 am CST

three sides to every story

Quote From: ddlcamp

There are two sides to every story.  We are getting one side, I'd really like to hear the other.  I'm personally tired of hearing from women who don't value their own lives enough to move on. Yes, divorce hurts (I've been there), but move on. You just went on National television and looked pathetic.  God makes the women He intends for us to be...our husbands don't and can't do that for us.  I hope the reason for the show was for the women to start to move forward instead of continually looking back.  I look forward to watching the end of the show to see where it goes.
I would just like to comment on your message.  I strongly believe that there are three sides to every story... your side, my side, and the truth...   there is a fine line between everybodys individual way of interpreting what "really" happened.  He said, she said is a crock of s@$#.  The fact of the matter is that he commited adultery, abandoned the family, and continues to emotionally abuse me and his children even though he is 2000 miles away.  Heidi, First Wives Club Member

First | Prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | Next Page | Last Page