Message Boards

Topic : 06/01 "My Kid's a Star"

Number of Replies: 521
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 11, 2005, 05:29:55 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 11/16/05) Every parent believes his or her child is exceptional, but how do you know when you are pushing your children beyond their limits? Bridget is so determined to make her 9-year-old daughter the next LeAnn Rimes, she has had her singing every weekend for the last seven months, and she is constantly criticizing her performances and punishing her when she makes mistakes. The father of the biggest sister act in pop music weighs in. And, Julie is so obsessed with placing her daughters in hundreds of glitz beauty pageants, she has practically bankrupted her family. Her sister, Jamie, says she is forcing her 5-year-old to grow up too soon, and the pageants have torn their family apart. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 15, 2007, 8:03 am CDT

Kara-singing

Quote From: msguided

Personally, I think the child has a "decent" voice.  I mean, she is adorable and looks like a little star on stage...yes, she's cute.  But mega-talented?? By no means.  Every church on every corner has a child who can "belt out a good one".  She would surely be one of those children.  

I don't mean to sound as tho I'm being critical of her, that is not my intention.  I wanted to reply to this post because I thought that perhaps I might be the only one who saw the show that did not think she has the star potential her parents aspire.  She is above average.....but not nearly "the best".  Just look at the talent shows on TV featuring children?......She might make it through the audition process.....but it would not at all be mind blowing if she did not.  

I have to agree that Kara is definitely not a singer and a million miles away from being a triple threat. Kara's parents should encourage her to do good in school and help her to set realist goals. The percentage that makes it in Hollywood is very, very small and everyone needs a job that can support them and not have to put your parents in divorce as it seems that another family is doing.

First | Prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | Next Page | Last Page