Message Boards

Topic : 11/17 The Search for Natalee and Amy

Number of Replies: 927
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 11, 2005, 05:33:38 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Eighteen-year-old Natalee Holloway disappeared early last summer during a senior class trip to the island of Aruba. On a recent show, Dr. Phil joined the search for the missing teen and broke new ground in the case. He called for a boycott of Aruba and put his own investigators on the trail. Now, two months later, Natalee's mother feels there is a strong chance her daughter is still alive. Hear, for the first time ever, the evidence she reveals to Dr. Phil. Also, learn how effective the boycott is and why a pair of Dr. Phil's rescuers found themselves in need of a rescue.  Plus, Natalee's disappearance bears similarities to the case of another young woman who went missing in the same region. Meet the parents of Amy Bradley and see what strong evidence has them holding onto hope that their daughter is still alive.  Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More November 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 15, 2005, 6:36 am CST

Wipe that smirk off of Joran's face once and for all

I have been following this case since it began and like everyone else, I am extremely frustrated with the way the Aruba government has been handling this investigation. It makes me sick when I see pictures of Joran Vandersloot, out and about, enjoying life, with a huge smirk on his face. I want to wipe that smirk off of his face once and for all. 

We are not doing enough. We need to get creative and come up with ways that will make the Aruba government step up to the plate. We need to make every state... and every country, boycott Aruba. 

Dr. Phil, how can we do this? 

November 15, 2005, 11:05 am CST

I pray someone finds Natalee soon

I'm truly concerned about Natalee and her well being.  How sad and frustrated her family must be.  Her mother has got to be the most courageous person I have ever seen.  This is someone who is putting everything out there to find her precious daughter.  She has stood up to the Arubian government and their officials to try and get answers and find her daughter!  Why can't Pres. Bush step in and help this family find their daughter.  We had the military find Saddam; let's get their help and assistance to find Natalee as well as the other girls who may be held against their will in sex slavery.  Donny Deutsch's show "The Big Idea"  on MSNBC just did a show on this very subject and had a young girl tell of the horror's of being kidnapped and sold into the world of sex slavery.  She REALLY believes that that's what happened to Natalee.  This young girl was extremely lucky to have escaped.  If a young girl just "THINKS" about being let go, she is beaten to death in front of the other girls.  How sick is this?!!!  Let's hope and pray that in time Natalee can be found and find peace again with her family.   

November 15, 2005, 12:56 pm CST

Why Demonize an entire country for the actions of a handful?

Let me first stat that it is an absolute tragedy that this poor young American and her family have suffered - I pray for her safe return, and at this point assume she is deceased at the hands of younf Mr. Vander Sloot and his colleagues. 

However, demonizing a country that has had ONE tragedy and bungled investigation is impacting many, many lives and livelihoods.   If we were to boycott a country based on this, then why not boycott the islands of:
Jamaica - HUNDREDS of unsolved murders, including US Citizens. 

Manhattan- THOUSANDS of unsolved murders, including US Citizens. 

Hawaii - HUNDREDS of unsolved murders, including US Citizens. 

In addition to islands, why not boycott:  

Trenton NJ - THOUSANDS of unsolved murders of US Citizens. 

LA - Watts - THOUSANDS of unsolved murders of US Citizens. 

If wronging people warrants crucifying them, then I'm sure all the folks impacted by the health spa scam Dr Phil was involved with many years ago would like some answers. 

My point is, Yes, one horrible murder occurred by three people, which was covered-up my a Judge - the Aruban people are wonderful, hard working people - how come you never show how many of them spent their 1 day off per week searching for Natalie without pay! 

Why not boycott the country where the murderers are from? 

November 15, 2005, 2:34 pm CST

Boat

Quote From: cathyw122

I'm truly concerned about Natalee and her well being.  How sad and frustrated her family must be.  Her mother has got to be the most courageous person I have ever seen.  This is someone who is putting everything out there to find her precious daughter.  She has stood up to the Arubian government and their officials to try and get answers and find her daughter!  Why can't Pres. Bush step in and help this family find their daughter.  We had the military find Saddam; let's get their help and assistance to find Natalee as well as the other girls who may be held against their will in sex slavery.  Donny Deutsch's show "The Big Idea"  on MSNBC just did a show on this very subject and had a young girl tell of the horror's of being kidnapped and sold into the world of sex slavery.  She REALLY believes that that's what happened to Natalee.  This young girl was extremely lucky to have escaped.  If a young girl just "THINKS" about being let go, she is beaten to death in front of the other girls.  How sick is this?!!!  Let's hope and pray that in time Natalee can be found and find peace again with her family.   

Remember the DJ with the boat who was part of the investigation in the beginning?  Could he have taken Natalee somewhere using the boat?  Paid to take her?  Like other things in the investigation - it's been dropped.  :( 

I will continue to pray. 

November 15, 2005, 5:27 pm CST

Who is the guy looking for her?

Does anyone know who the guy is that was sent to look for Natalie?  What is his story? 

November 15, 2005, 6:45 pm CST

Why not try getting all the facts before judging?

Quote From: traymay

I have been following this case since it began and like everyone else, I am extremely frustrated with the way the Aruba government has been handling this investigation. It makes me sick when I see pictures of Joran Vandersloot, out and about, enjoying life, with a huge smirk on his face. I want to wipe that smirk off of his face once and for all. 

We are not doing enough. We need to get creative and come up with ways that will make the Aruba government step up to the plate. We need to make every state... and every country, boycott Aruba. 

Dr. Phil, how can we do this? 

I have read so many negativity about Aruba and her people. It makes me sick to see the story of the dissapearance of Natalee Holloway being twisted in such a way without even knowing all the facts surrounding this case (the investigation which is still an ongoing as a matter of fact!). Yes, I am a resident of Aruba, yes I have followed the developments in this case and yes this IS an ISOLATED case, something like this has NEVER happened before on this island! Just for all the people who hear just ONE side off the story and base their conclusions on that information only, here are some facts and questions that I would like to share, just for you to think about it....  

As soon as Natalee Holloway dissapeared every possible available resource was used to try and find her. Me and many of my collegues went actively looking for her here on the island!!! The Dutch military, the Aruban law enforcement, the voluntary search and rescue, everyone who could help did get involved in the search for Natalee! And yes, the FBI helped in the investigation TOO, we even had F-16's from the Netherlands flying over Aruba to help in the search!!! Despite all this effort until this day there is NO trace of Natalee Holloway. So now my question, with all this help why are the Aruban people being blamed for not finding here? Another strange thing in this case, Natalee Holloway came to Aruba with a large group of students and chaperones. They all left Aruba without her, knowing she was missing! The local authorities didn't even get a chance to interview them and get their statements! Actually I find it quite strange that just moments after Natalee was reported missing her family came to Aruba in a private jet, claiming Natalee was kidnapped, so I ask myself: what information did the family have that the local autorities didn't have? 

Let's put all of that aside for a moment; the 3 boys who were last seen with Natalee were indeed arrested, and yes, later released, but in the Aruban judicial system you CANNOT keep someone imprisoned if there is NO EVIDENCE of a crime even being commited!!! To make sure that the judge in this case was impartial, a judge from another island was flown in to handle the case!    

I just cannot understand people talking about boycotting a whole island for 1 case in which the locals have done their UPMOST to be helpfull. There are so many strange things surrounding this case. So many unanswered questions.... One of the reasons the family of Natalee Holloway gave for even asking for a boycott of Aruba was because the 3 suspects who in their opinion KILLED Natalee, were released from prison. So now I really cannot understand this supposed new twist, if Natalee is alive, as they now believe (and I really hope she is) what are they now basing this supposed boycott upon????   

I have to say people can talk about boycotting an island which happens to be one of the SAFEST PLACES on earth! I am 100% SURE that those people who are even mentioning this are those people who have never even been to Aruba...  But hey, I am just waiting to see the supposed new developments in this case, and really hope that this time both sides of the story will be told. And as this is a blessed island, I really think the truth will come out some day, and life will be as peaceful as it always was and will be on our 'one happy island'.... 

November 16, 2005, 4:41 am CST

Natalee!

I'm just curious but has everyone seen the movie called human trafficking?  I believed since way before this movie came out something like this happend to Natalee.  I hope she's found and I've believed since the beggining that she was alive.  I also hope out of all of this the other girl is found too and any other one's who have been missing.  Nobody's family deserves this and someone needs to put an end to this.  

November 16, 2005, 4:52 am CST

11/17 The Search for Natalee

Quote From: aruba78

I have read so many negativity about Aruba and her people. It makes me sick to see the story of the dissapearance of Natalee Holloway being twisted in such a way without even knowing all the facts surrounding this case (the investigation which is still an ongoing as a matter of fact!). Yes, I am a resident of Aruba, yes I have followed the developments in this case and yes this IS an ISOLATED case, something like this has NEVER happened before on this island! Just for all the people who hear just ONE side off the story and base their conclusions on that information only, here are some facts and questions that I would like to share, just for you to think about it....  

As soon as Natalee Holloway dissapeared every possible available resource was used to try and find her. Me and many of my collegues went actively looking for her here on the island!!! The Dutch military, the Aruban law enforcement, the voluntary search and rescue, everyone who could help did get involved in the search for Natalee! And yes, the FBI helped in the investigation TOO, we even had F-16's from the Netherlands flying over Aruba to help in the search!!! Despite all this effort until this day there is NO trace of Natalee Holloway. So now my question, with all this help why are the Aruban people being blamed for not finding here? Another strange thing in this case, Natalee Holloway came to Aruba with a large group of students and chaperones. They all left Aruba without her, knowing she was missing! The local authorities didn't even get a chance to interview them and get their statements! Actually I find it quite strange that just moments after Natalee was reported missing her family came to Aruba in a private jet, claiming Natalee was kidnapped, so I ask myself: what information did the family have that the local autorities didn't have? 

Let's put all of that aside for a moment; the 3 boys who were last seen with Natalee were indeed arrested, and yes, later released, but in the Aruban judicial system you CANNOT keep someone imprisoned if there is NO EVIDENCE of a crime even being commited!!! To make sure that the judge in this case was impartial, a judge from another island was flown in to handle the case!    

I just cannot understand people talking about boycotting a whole island for 1 case in which the locals have done their UPMOST to be helpfull. There are so many strange things surrounding this case. So many unanswered questions.... One of the reasons the family of Natalee Holloway gave for even asking for a boycott of Aruba was because the 3 suspects who in their opinion KILLED Natalee, were released from prison. So now I really cannot understand this supposed new twist, if Natalee is alive, as they now believe (and I really hope she is) what are they now basing this supposed boycott upon????   

I have to say people can talk about boycotting an island which happens to be one of the SAFEST PLACES on earth! I am 100% SURE that those people who are even mentioning this are those people who have never even been to Aruba...  But hey, I am just waiting to see the supposed new developments in this case, and really hope that this time both sides of the story will be told. And as this is a blessed island, I really think the truth will come out some day, and life will be as peaceful as it always was and will be on our 'one happy island'.... 

Natalee Holloway is not the only one that dissapeard on this island, Amy Bradly did too.  I've been to Aruba and really have nothing against it.  People may be upset because it's run differen't then the U.S.  and may blame Aruba.  There are a few things that should have probably been done differently and that's probably one thing that angers people.  If it was one of the safest places on earth people wouldn't be dissapearing off the island.  When you travel to Aruba that's definetly not what they tell ya.  You can easily be takin off that island for whatever reason expecially at that age.  It's not only Aruba, you could dissapear in Jamaica or any island i'm sure for that matter.  If someone wanted you that bad nothing supprises me anymore.  I just think someone started looking into the wrong things when they started. 

November 16, 2005, 6:12 am CST

What About Amy Bradley?

amy face picture  AMY LYNN BRADLEY, MISSING PERSON 

Hello Dr. Phil. Thank you for bringing this topic to the American community. Amy Bradley was also asked to go to Carlos and Charlies right before the vanished! Please read her site. 

http://www.tggweb.com/amybradley/ 

November 16, 2005, 6:16 am CST

AMY BRADLEY

Our Amy is also missing after being asked to go to Carlos and Charlies.We think these two may be related. Please visit our site. http://www.tggweb.com/amybradley/

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last