Message Boards

Topic : 11/17 The Search for Natalee and Amy

Number of Replies: 927
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 11, 2005, 05:33:38 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Eighteen-year-old Natalee Holloway disappeared early last summer during a senior class trip to the island of Aruba. On a recent show, Dr. Phil joined the search for the missing teen and broke new ground in the case. He called for a boycott of Aruba and put his own investigators on the trail. Now, two months later, Natalee's mother feels there is a strong chance her daughter is still alive. Hear, for the first time ever, the evidence she reveals to Dr. Phil. Also, learn how effective the boycott is and why a pair of Dr. Phil's rescuers found themselves in need of a rescue.  Plus, Natalee's disappearance bears similarities to the case of another young woman who went missing in the same region. Meet the parents of Amy Bradley and see what strong evidence has them holding onto hope that their daughter is still alive.  Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More November 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 12, 2005, 3:57 am CST

Natalie and Amy

I hope for the family of both, that Dr. Phil's investigation will help both young women to be found.

November 12, 2005, 6:38 am CST

hope for Natalee

Last night on the News they stated that Dr.Phil will be having an update on The Disappearance of this young lady. Update is suppost to tell us why Dr. Phil believes she is being used as a sex slave in Venezuela. I pray for the family that some answers are found soon, I have an 18 year old daughter and I just could not amagine this horrific nightmare that this family is living.

November 12, 2005, 2:55 pm CST

The search for Natalee

Dear Dr. Phil, 

Thank you so much for not only your show on Natalee Holloway but also your true concern. I have followed this case since day one and have followed it daily online as well as on television.  I am most anxious to see your show on the 17th. 

God Bless you, 

franlove in alabama 

November 13, 2005, 12:39 am CST

Dr Phil

Dr. Phil, 

I am giving you this information in hopes it may help you in the investigation for Natalee Holloway and Amy Bradley.  Or any other female taken and placed in the sex slave market/trafficking. 

A young man I have spoken to, from Aruba, told me that it is very easy to get into Venezuela from Aruba by boat without anyone knowing.  Also, that all you have to do is pay someone off to get into Venezuela without question.  Can get ID and Passports in the same manner.  He has friends that help him get into Venezuela all the time.  They go their to party, fish or what ever. He said that Natalee is no longer on the island of Aruba and claims she would be in Venezuela and probably sold there.  It sounded like to me he was saying she went there on her own and got into trouble.  But then again, reading between the lines, she may of been taken there and sold.  He get's a little upset when we talk about Natalee Holloway as the tension in Aruba with American's right now is thick. 

Also, someone else I talk with, from Aruba, stated that if Natalee Holloway was taken to South America, the only place they can truly take her and hide her without ever being found would be Paraguay.  I asked how was that, and the comment in reply was that, "it is where all organized criminals and Nazi's go to hide and are never found".  Then that person left shortly after stateing this to me in a private message.  I talk with this person often and find the person legit.  This person lives and works on Aruba with law officials it seems from the way this person talks. 

I tell you this because it may be another venue to look for Natalee Holloway.  I have a gut feeling Natalee was taken out of Aruba and in South America very deep in the forest where most people don't dare to go. 

November 13, 2005, 5:00 pm CST

Finddd her!

I sayy a prayer for Natalee everynight.I hope Natalee comess home soon... This is a Big deal! her family misses her ,look what people doto other people! xox 

November 13, 2005, 6:04 pm CST

11/17 The Search for Natalee

Like many of us around the country, I too have watched the news, news programs, Dr.Phil show, etc.. regarding the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.  Always crossing my fingers that maybe they have found her, or at least news that someone has some real answers! 

As anyone who watches the news knows, there are way too many young women missing in and around this country.  How sad.  

We all hope and pray that Natalee can and will be found alive!!   

These tales of sex slaves and being sold in another country are so far fetched from what we know in our everyday American society.  It's mind boggling. 

Not the first time we have heard such a thing regarding Natalee.  If so many people (Arubans or not) have insider information regarding these practices, why doesn't someone actually step forward and assist in finding this young woman?! 

If it's so easy to get in and out of Venezuela, have the searchers been there?  Maybe we should send Lisa Ling there -- she seems to be able to uncover alot of atrocities toward women all over the world. 

Wonder what this evidence may be that her Mom now has, indicating that she may be alive...?   As the mother of a young daughter, I cannot even imagine the horror that Beth must be going through (and hope I never will!) not knowing where Natalee is or what has happened to her.  Her strength and resolve are truly admirable.  Never give up!! 

Like Beth and everyone else involved, I too believe the investigation was totally botched from the beginning by the Aruban officials. What a shame, wasted time. 

Keep your thoughts with Natalee's family and friends, and pray that someday this will actually be resolved! 

November 14, 2005, 5:05 pm CST

Quote From: deb357

Dr. Phil, 

I am giving you this information in hopes it may help you in the investigation for Natalee Holloway and Amy Bradley.  Or any other female taken and placed in the sex slave market/trafficking. 

A young man I have spoken to, from Aruba, told me that it is very easy to get into Venezuela from Aruba by boat without anyone knowing.  Also, that all you have to do is pay someone off to get into Venezuela without question.  Can get ID and Passports in the same manner.  He has friends that help him get into Venezuela all the time.  They go their to party, fish or what ever. He said that Natalee is no longer on the island of Aruba and claims she would be in Venezuela and probably sold there.  It sounded like to me he was saying she went there on her own and got into trouble.  But then again, reading between the lines, she may of been taken there and sold.  He get's a little upset when we talk about Natalee Holloway as the tension in Aruba with American's right now is thick. 

Also, someone else I talk with, from Aruba, stated that if Natalee Holloway was taken to South America, the only place they can truly take her and hide her without ever being found would be Paraguay.  I asked how was that, and the comment in reply was that, "it is where all organized criminals and Nazi's go to hide and are never found".  Then that person left shortly after stateing this to me in a private message.  I talk with this person often and find the person legit.  This person lives and works on Aruba with law officials it seems from the way this person talks. 

I tell you this because it may be another venue to look for Natalee Holloway.  I have a gut feeling Natalee was taken out of Aruba and in South America very deep in the forest where most people don't dare to go. 

this REALLY MAKES FOR A NICE STORY, EVEN A MAKE FOR TV MOVIE. 

IN REGARDS TO YOUNG WOMEN BEING FORCED INTO THE SEX TRADE AND SOLD AS SLAVES HERE IN ARUBA IS COMPLETELY LUDICROUS.  There are so many beautiful Latin American ladies and young girls that would do anything to get off the streets from mostly Colombia and get the Visa necessary to work as a legal prostitute here on the island for 3 months.  In the ABC islands and the rest of the Dutch Kingdom and Holland, and quite a few states in the US this is legal.  Here on the island the rules are a little more strict than mainland Holland, but you need to pass all the necessary exams and if selected for a Visa and this 3 months permit you are only permitted to work in a specific Red District Bar which all of them are at one end of the island by the ex Exxon Refinery, now a Valera one, .  These ladies are checked every week by the doctors and need to leave the island in 3 mo. when their permits expire. 

Now to say that Nathalee was abducted in Aruba and be sold into sex trade is not true.   It is my personal believe that the Dutch boy and the tree Surinamese brothers are responsible for her being missing.  But in any case the sex trade is very much regulated and very  sought after by LA girls mostly Colombians and Venezuelans,    .  Now if you open any yellow pages in the US you will see many massage parlors with drug addicts prostituting and spreading VD's UN regulated. 

That is why I say the comment by Mr. Sherlock 007 here will make for a good story, which he will find right in his back yard. 

Dr. Phil please be objective in your pursuit of  Nathalee and or ratings.  I hope, and everyone in Aruba wants this case to be solved.  You do not need to destroy a whole island nation doing that. 

It is not fair for anyone involved or not. 

November 14, 2005, 6:08 pm CST

Pray for Natalee

I was in married on July 2/05 and my husband and I were in Aruba on our honeymoon for 1 week (arrived on July 3/05). This was our second trip to Aruba.   

First of all I have to say my heart truly goes out to Beth and the Holloway/Twitty family.  I pray for you everyday. It was so hard being at the Holiday Inn for that week as all I could think about was Natalee.  Now, it's 5 months later and not a day goes by when I don't think of and pray for Natalee's safe return.  I encourage my friends and family here in Canada to do the same. 

But I am having a hard time understanding the "aruba boycott" as from what I have heard the arubians hearts are out to the Holloway family as well. Could something this tragic not happen anywhere?  I mean bad things happen everyday in Toronto and NYC but we don't boycott there? Again just trying to understand. I know in the future I will continue to travel to Aruba as it is mine and my husbands favorite vacation spot and I pray that the next time I'm there I can think of happy news; meaning that Natalee was returned/come back safe to her family. God Bless You Beth, I hope that one day when I become a mother I can be half as strong as you are. You truly are a beautiful person! P.S. I am still wearing my bracelet. 

November 14, 2005, 6:30 pm CST

you have to wonder...

It seems that the Vandersloots and Kalpoe's know something and have a strong motivation for not talking.  I have wondered if possibly Vandersloots family was operating under a threat on their lives.  It had crossed my mind that a possible scenario could be that Joren had recieved money for delivering Natalee into the hands of traffickers and knows his family would be killed if he talks. 

The only hope we have is for God to intervene.  If Natalee is alive.  Pray for God to place his angels around her and lead her safely back home.  What a testimony of His Glory  this would be!!  

November 14, 2005, 7:09 pm CST

So much has happened since the Dr.Phil interview. You guys should check this blog: http://joranvandersloot.blogspot.com/ , Quite interesting.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last