Message Boards

Topic : 06/02 "My Annoying Family"

Number of Replies: 423
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 11, 2005, 05:35:34 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 11/18/05) Too many of us have that one family member whose rude, crude, obnoxious behavior gets under our skin and annoys us to death. Krista and Kim are sisters married to two brothers who they say are the most annoying husbands on the planet! They talk loudly, make inappropriate sexual comments and take pride in their bodily functions. See what happens when Dr. Phil turns the tables, and these guys get a taste of their own medicine. Then, Becky's daughter and sister say she has a mouth like a sailor and is always embarrassing them. Becky says she's just opinionated, honest and blunt. Will Becky learn to see their point of view and clean up her act? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 18, 2005, 7:26 am CST

i'm watching the show right now

the sisters hubbys..well i have a hub that has parts of both of the guys, mine snorts, he farts..but he is alot funnier than my first hub that was mentally and verbally abusive to me. those girls need to lighten up, cause they could have my first husband, or an alcoholic abuser. heck dr phil i p in the shower, i'm 52, don't want to act my age. life it too short to be a stuffed shirt, and not have fun. i saw a boy in walmart buying boxes and boxes of condoms. i told the hubby, dang he must be buying for all his friends, everyone turned to look at the boy, he put the boxes back. dang dr phil he must have had 13 boxes. the brothers aren't annoying ..they love to have fun, i don't see anything wrong with it. one year we had a heavy snow, so i got in the front yard and made naked snow people man and woman, with all the body parts. sometimes the snorting gets on my nerves so i sing off key..he says what's up with you, so i snort, does it sound good, he farts, does it smell good, so i fart back, how about this one. dang people life is too short. my sister is 55 and she tells me to act my age, what, and give up my fun, no i don't think so. she sits at home and reads, she has no patience with her grand daughers, she puts them in the corner all the time. she just isn't any fun to be around. so i would rather have fun. heck i would like to hang around with the sisters husbands, they sound like so much fun to be around. if those women can't handle it, they need to act just as silly as the guys do, maybe it would make the guys chill a bit..but you know if they have children..they should be lucky that their hubbys are funny and involved with the children. my first husband missed out cause he wasn't fun, 3 boys all in scouts, one in band, one in t-ball, in chorus and he missed out on all of it cause he couldn't bring himself to have fun. he was way too serious all the time. lighten up ladies, you could have been married to men that were like my first husband. i can deal with the goofy second husband, cause i can throw it back at him, fart stinkier, burp louder, but you know something, i helped this husband get his GED, i help him with spelling and he smothers me, i deal with it cause i'm lucky to have him. so sit back and think about the gift you have, it's not that bad.

November 18, 2005, 7:40 am CST

Someones Pettyness can Be Annoying

Quote From: edblood

Dr Phil:  I just turned on your show.  I have been watching faithfully all week, as your issues have been extremely important to me.  Today I turned off your show.  The two women you started the show with hurt me deeply.  In two years and one day, I have lost most of my family - Mother and Father within a week of each other, my baby sister, my youngest daughter, and my soulmate, my husband.  He was the joy of not only my life, but every life he touched.  His funeral was filled to capacity with people who spoke - "He was my best friend".  He was full of life and "annoying habits".  That's what made him who he was.  He died young, but he did living a FULL life.  What I 

would give to have him here - annoying habits and all.  Please tell these two women to imagine what their lives would be like without these two full-of-life men.  After intense therapy, I started to live again, accepting my lot in life.  I re-married another man to fill the void.  Six months ago, I found out he was having an affair with a younger woman (more than half his age), and he continues to go through woman after woman.  He did this to me after all my losses, and he has no regrets -- it's all my fault.  Well, Dr. Phil, I have learned that this is not my fault, it is a person who is needy and needs others to full the empty void he walks around with.  I am now back on drugs and my doctor is 

setting up further help for me with a professional, but warns me it may take some time to get "connected" with this therapist.  In the meantime, I have you, Dr. Phil, and my pills.  I wish you were 

more accessable to people like me.  I certainly come away from your shows with new insights.  I need HUGE help in my life now, and these two women are so worried about petty, and some of the fun things in life.  God help them to see the light before something tragic happens to them, and they end up like zombies wondering what happened.  Please women, lighten up and smell the roses.  They are beautiful.  They can save you from total insanity. 

HI; I JUST READ YOUR POST, FIRST, I WANT TO SAY THAT I FEEL FOR YOU IN YOUR LOSSES, AND THEN, ON TOP OF ALL THAT, THE MAN YOU MARRY TURNS OUT TO BE A SELFISH JERK; I TRULY HOPE THAT YOU'RE REALISING THAT YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF IN OTHER WAYS BESIDES HAVING A MAN IN YOUR LIFE. SECOND, TO ADDRESS WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT THE WOMEN ON THE SHOW "these two women are so worried about petty, and some of the fun things in life." WELL, FOR ONE THING, THESE "ANNOYANCES" ARE HAPPENING TO THEM, NOT YOU, AND THEY HAVE FEELINGS, AND WHAT THEIR HUSBANDS ARE SAYING AND DOING IS HURTING THEIR FEELINGS; I HAD TO POINT THIS OUT TO MY OWN HUSBAND; HE'D SAY THINGS SIMILAR TO THOSE HUSBANDS ON THE SHOW; I TOLD HIM THAT THE COMMENTS WEREN'T GETTING HIM WHAT HE WANTED, AND THEN HE REALISED THAT IT WAS HURTING NOT ONLY MY FEELINGS, BUT HURTING THE TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP IN OUR RELATIONSHIP. I BELIEVE THAT ALL THESE WOMEN WERE ASKING FOR IS SOME DIGNITY AND RESPECT OUT OF THEIR HUSBANDS. I DO BELIEVE THAT THEY CHERISH THEM AND LOVE THEM, BUT TO TELL THEM TO "LIGHTEN UP" IS DISMISSING THEIR FEELINGS ABOUT THE RUDE OR INAPPROPRIATE COMMENTS AND OTHER GESTURES. YOU NEVER REALLY KNOW HOW SOMEONE FEELS ABOUT THINGS UNTIL YOU'VE WALKED IN THEIR SHOES. 

November 18, 2005, 7:51 am CST

Hmmm...

I'm watching the show right now...My comment has to do with the sisters who are married to the brothers.  I agree that farting in public is annoying, but besides that, these brothers seem like just fun-loving, silly guys.  Granted, I don't have to live with either of these men, but if the most annoying thing that my husband did was to say, "I want you ready and naked when I get home," or he peed in the shower, I would consider myself pretty fortunate.  Dr. Phil asked the wives if their husbands were out-of-control, or if the wives themselves were just uptight.  The fact that one of the wives said she has threatened to leave says to me she's a bit uptight.  There are so many marriages out there that are tainted with abuse and adultery, and these men seem to be devoted to their wives.  These women need to loosen up and thank God this is only as bad as it gets.

November 18, 2005, 7:55 am CST

Loud "sailor" older sister/mom

it's kind of obvious that the mom and older sister who "talks like a sailor" had to take care of her 6 year younger twin sisters.  It  just follows that she was left to care for them and out of the limelight as twins always get extra attantion.

So now she's trying to make up for it by being the center of attention.

She obviously is very smart and has probably a great personality even without her aggressive behavior.  She could do so much good in the world without being a "Bible pusher" or whatever she called it. 

Her happy and very alive spirit could enhance this world instead of be used to make fun of people who are "stupid" or wear "ugly pants".

I wish her well, and just know she has a lot of GOOD to offer this world.

November 18, 2005, 7:57 am CST

Becky has a great attitude

I really like Becky's attitude. She seems like a lot of fun and tells it like it is. There are tooooo many uptight people in this world... Stop trying to change her, a little more acceptance on your part would be nice. If you don't like how a family member acts you have a choice to be around them, thats one good thing about our country. We are free to make choices. I have relatives that I think are extremely uptight and I try to stay away from them and love them from a distance because I'm tired of their judgemental attitudes. Becky should be able to be herself with her family and loved unconditionally from her family.  

November 18, 2005, 8:03 am CST

Loud Sailor

I just had to write after seeing your show this morning.  I thought the blonde was funny and not rude. She DID get the boyfriend to leave the family alone. Which nobody else in the family had the guts to do. And the part about the cake on the lip made me laugh out loud. I'm going to remember that and probably use it sometime in my life.  Funny....Funny....Life of the party gal.

November 18, 2005, 8:07 am CST

Loud and obnoxious father

My father is the 1 who has to be the center of attention. He has been this way since I can remeber and has embarrassed myself and the rest of my family on numerous occasions. We have gotten to the point where we just ignore him and move on.  

November 18, 2005, 8:13 am CST

i know what you mean my x husband

My xhusband was always doing thing in our town that everyone taked about he would grab my breast any where we where at the sore or even in church say ther mine ,or even in frount of his mom and his friends .

November 18, 2005, 8:14 am CST

Mother-In-Law from HELL

After a tough first year of marriage in my home state (Arkansas( my husband and I move to Texas with his mom. At the present time we are living in a 2bed/1bath with her and our 1 yr old. We are all three working and very rarely home, but still I am expected to do EVERYTHING! She says that I should grow up, be a woman and cook and clean for my husband...I am so busy with work and the baby that alot of the time I don't have time for anything else, much less being the perfect wife that she was. Notice I said WAS. Yes she is divorced. Anyway, she wants me to cook every meal, walk behind him picking up his junk, and keep all toys put away at all times, don't touch the heater...keep the dishwasher going and the washer, and frankly I was raised that life is too short to obsess about the small stuff. The upkeep of your home can wait, my baby will only be a baby once! As for picking up after marc among other critical complaints that she has made, I do now. And I do thank her for helping me be a more serving wife, but crap! She drives me. Every day that I go to work, I just wonder what I may have done that night or that morning to piss her off and what kind of "note" she has left of instructions to clean something. I jsut want out of here, and on Dec 31st she is moving to a different town. Praise God for that. I dont like her or approve of how she is. She is very young, only 17 yrs older than us, and acts like she's a kid again, smoking pot, telling me I am a bad mom for giving the baby benadryl to help her rest! She is overbearing!

November 18, 2005, 8:18 am CST

Becky

I thought Becky was a hoot!  I wish she lived in my area - we'd be best friends!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last