Message Boards

Topic : 03/15 "You Wouldn't Last a Day"

Number of Replies: 70
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 22, 2005, 03:27:32 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 11/30/05) Dr. Phil's guests dare their loved ones to finally try something new -- and last a day at it. A father wants his high-maintenance wife and daughters to learn to love the outdoors and try one night of camping. When Survivor's Jeff Probst shows up with their first challenge, will the girls pass and earn their camping supplies or will they head back home? Next, Melissa was the first person fired by Donald Trump from this season's The Apprentice. She says she can't work with women because they are intimidated by her brains and looks. What does Dr. Phil think? Then, Lauren's parents challenge her to last a day working in the real world, so she can see how hard it is to earn all the money she spends. She says it will be easy, until she sees where she has to work! And, Samantha is in her high school marching band, and says her football-playing godfather always tells her, "Band is for sissies." When she challenges him to strap on an instrument, will he be able to keep in step or will he march to the beat of his own drum and change his tune? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 30, 2005, 6:17 pm CST

Re: Louis Vuitton bag

Quote From: neenabeen1

Now, come on.  That is just silly, it absolutely IS a waste of money, if  you have the money and choose to spend it on that kind of stuff, that's your business but , really , don't try to BS everyone.  Just own it.  NO purse is worth  $100.00s or $1000.00s of dollars.  You like walking around with someone elses initials on your purse more power to you, it IS your choice.
Yeah, I agree, spending that kind of money on something so unimportant is ridiculous.  I'm sure it lasts longer, but I bet you wouldn't use the same Vuitton bag for several years anyway.  They do go out of style!  I change up bags every couple of years, so spending $20 or $30 is plenty for me. 

November 30, 2005, 9:28 pm CST

THAT WAS CHERYL TIEGS

Quote From: beccaboo

It sure looked like Cheryl Tiegs to me too. I figured she was going to be on the show , but I guess she just happened to be in the audience like everyone else. 
THAT WAS CHERYL TIEGS...I WAS AT THE SHOW IN THE AUDIENCE ...SHE WAS JUST  A FAN...AND FRIEND OF PHIL'S ...SHE SAT WITH WITH ROBIN 

December 1, 2005, 9:52 am CST

Marching Band

I was glad to watch this segment of the show.  At my high school those of us in the band were treated the same way.  We worked hard and had fun.  I remember seeing the stands emptying as we took the field.  I was also luck enough to earn a spot on my college marching band, which practiced 2 hours every day Monday thru Friday, and an additional 2 hours of music rehersal on Tuesday nights.  I can still remember my first College football game, when there were 70,000 + people in the stands and cheering for the band.  Being at a Big Ten University allowed me to travel with the band to some of the biggest College football stadiums,  and two major bowl games, and at leat one NFL game (sometimes two) each season.  I will always remember our experiance at the Rose Bowl, starting with being up for the Tournament of Roses Parade and ending well after Midnight.  Even my high school band took a week long trip to Disneyworld, which included 4 performances around the Orlando area.  It was fun going to our first class reunion and finding out that the jocks in the class never made it past 2 years at small college sports, and and they said they were able to see me on TV on New Years day!

December 1, 2005, 10:57 am CST

Wrong upbringing

I feel sorry for Melissa and the way she thinks. Here is a girl who does not want to take the blame for anything. Everyone else was the problem. So what you have all that education, if you do not use it in the manner it was gained then it is no good to you. You think too much of yourself. If you continue to go down the path you are going on, then you are setting yourself up for failure " major failure".   

As for the girl that wants the Lexus. I do not blame her for her actions, I blame the parents. They cause the problem and now they want someone else to fix it. You taught her that this is how to live. As parents you are suppose to teach your children, you taught her a very harmful lesson. Yes, she is living a better life then you, but what is going to happen to her when she goes out on her own? You will not always be there for her, how do you expect her to live when you did not show her how. Give me, give me, give me is all you taught her. I wonder, when she does get into any trouble, I mean real trouble, are you going to show her how to buy her way out of that too. And people want to know why society and our kids are the way they are. Look at what today's parents are teaching their children. 

And as for the men of the Family that went camping. My son knows how you feel. He had to live in a household of 10 girls. The only difference is my girls were not raised to be girlie girls like the ones on the show. In my house girls and boys can do the same thing. I taught my son how to cook and clean, because the girls of today are not being taught how to cook or clean. When my son leaves from the house I don't want him to starve. I believe that boys and girls should be taught everyday life skills, its not the issue that "oh that is a boys job" or " that is a girls job" it is everyday living and everyone job.  

December 1, 2005, 11:30 am CST

Water Bugs

My hats off to the ladies who ate the bugs. I don't think I could eat one of those if I was paid a million bucks.  Stuffed with chicken or not. YUCK.  It made me want to puke just watching that:)

December 1, 2005, 6:13 pm CST

Cheryl

Quote From: neenabeen1

OK, is it just me or did anyone else notice that woman in the audience?  Was that Cheryl Tiegs?

:)  Yep it was ... I talked to her backstage briefly -- how cool was that??  :) 

Dan 

December 2, 2005, 8:12 am CST

I really don't

Quote From: kidseleven

I feel sorry for Melissa and the way she thinks. Here is a girl who does not want to take the blame for anything. Everyone else was the problem. So what you have all that education, if you do not use it in the manner it was gained then it is no good to you. You think too much of yourself. If you continue to go down the path you are going on, then you are setting yourself up for failure " major failure".   

As for the girl that wants the Lexus. I do not blame her for her actions, I blame the parents. They cause the problem and now they want someone else to fix it. You taught her that this is how to live. As parents you are suppose to teach your children, you taught her a very harmful lesson. Yes, she is living a better life then you, but what is going to happen to her when she goes out on her own? You will not always be there for her, how do you expect her to live when you did not show her how. Give me, give me, give me is all you taught her. I wonder, when she does get into any trouble, I mean real trouble, are you going to show her how to buy her way out of that too. And people want to know why society and our kids are the way they are. Look at what today's parents are teaching their children. 

And as for the men of the Family that went camping. My son knows how you feel. He had to live in a household of 10 girls. The only difference is my girls were not raised to be girlie girls like the ones on the show. In my house girls and boys can do the same thing. I taught my son how to cook and clean, because the girls of today are not being taught how to cook or clean. When my son leaves from the house I don't want him to starve. I believe that boys and girls should be taught everyday life skills, its not the issue that "oh that is a boys job" or " that is a girls job" it is everyday living and everyone job.  

know why your feel sorry for her.  She was one of the 18 people out of what 1million that made the cut - soo that puts her in the Best of the Best.   

The strong point is that she knows who she is and this fact alone scares a lot of people.  I have worked with people who don't know who they are and it can be a pain.  If you watched the Apprentice 

before you must know that the women if they feel threantened gang up on the stronger ones. 

December 7, 2005, 7:31 pm CST

Yay!!!

Quote From: teriap

I am SO glad that Dan was able to see what his God daughter did all day when she was in the marching band.  I was in the marching band for four years when I was in high school and I know every day people would give us a hard time because we weren't "athletes" or whatever else.  I don't consider band a sport, but it is very demanding.  When compared to ALL the other sports teams at our high school, we did much MUCH better than them, placing 2nd and 3rd on the East Coast, which none of the sports teams ever did.  Also, I never once saw the football team practicing for 12 hours a day, 6 days out of the week!!  I just think it's awesome that someone was able to actually march in a band persons shoes for a day because it's not easy!  I just wish everyone that ever said anything bad about us was able to do the same as Dan because I don't think they'd ever feel that way again!!

Well, I didn't see the episode, but I was immediatly told about it because I'm a band geek(and it's not nerd, it's geek), and my dad teases me all the time about band not being a real sport. I'm glad to hear that the godfather changed his mind about it. At school, we're told that bandos shouldn't get letterman jackets, and on our t.v. show for school, CHSTV.com, we don't get commented on much. We recently won Championships for Southern California School Band and Orchestra Association (after 5 years of getting 2nd by hundreths of a point) and our school didn't say anything much, but the football team won a playoff game or whatever and they got a whole segment on them. Unfortunatly, our school doesn't support us much and people outside of school know more about us than the school does. It's nice to see all the people who support the band!!! GO BANDOS!! 

March 15, 2006, 8:02 am CST

I was in marching band

Quote From: ecclectic1

Well, I didn't see the episode, but I was immediatly told about it because I'm a band geek(and it's not nerd, it's geek), and my dad teases me all the time about band not being a real sport. I'm glad to hear that the godfather changed his mind about it. At school, we're told that bandos shouldn't get letterman jackets, and on our t.v. show for school, CHSTV.com, we don't get commented on much. We recently won Championships for Southern California School Band and Orchestra Association (after 5 years of getting 2nd by hundreths of a point) and our school didn't say anything much, but the football team won a playoff game or whatever and they got a whole segment on them. Unfortunatly, our school doesn't support us much and people outside of school know more about us than the school does. It's nice to see all the people who support the band!!! GO BANDOS!! 

I was in march band for four years from 1998 to 2002.  I too was teased by people because marching band in everyone's eyes is for geeeks and nerds. But the funny thing about our marching band was, we were better then our football team!! We got straight 1s at UIL every year that I was in high school.  I wish more people would do what her godfather did and that is walk in that person's shoes then they would understand what kids in marching band have to go through.  I was in marching band in Texas and we all know Texans care more about football teams then marching bands, you hardly heard anything about how well marching bands do at performances.

March 15, 2006, 8:26 am CST

Spoiled

Quote From: renagade

know why your feel sorry for her.  She was one of the 18 people out of what 1million that made the cut - soo that puts her in the Best of the Best.   

The strong point is that she knows who she is and this fact alone scares a lot of people.  I have worked with people who don't know who they are and it can be a pain.  If you watched the Apprentice 

before you must know that the women if they feel threantened gang up on the stronger ones. 

I agree with you! I was spoiled by my mother and father and now that I'm out on my own it has been so hard to get my finances together and to do things for myself. I have been working so hard to be on my own but it's really hard with me knowing that my parents are still there and are offering me money or help. I tell them no unless I really really need their help because I hate to have  them help me it makes me feel horrible! I mean I had things given to me but never a car... I have always bought my own cars. I have never even had a $100 dollar purse but they spoiled me in the way that I didn't have to have a job in high school and that they gave me money for sports and clothes and the basic nesscessities that I needed. They even helped me out in college and I really appreciate them for that. I just can't believe that there are parents out there that just give their kids Lexus's and $300 and some dollar purses... and they don't have any responsibilites... that makes me so sad  :( I also work at a group home for girls.. and they have nothing... I wish they had half of that stuff that girl has. They would be the ones that would really appreciate it!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last