Message Boards

Topic : 03/15 "You Wouldn't Last a Day"

Number of Replies: 70
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 22, 2005, 03:27:32 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 11/30/05) Dr. Phil's guests dare their loved ones to finally try something new -- and last a day at it. A father wants his high-maintenance wife and daughters to learn to love the outdoors and try one night of camping. When Survivor's Jeff Probst shows up with their first challenge, will the girls pass and earn their camping supplies or will they head back home? Next, Melissa was the first person fired by Donald Trump from this season's The Apprentice. She says she can't work with women because they are intimidated by her brains and looks. What does Dr. Phil think? Then, Lauren's parents challenge her to last a day working in the real world, so she can see how hard it is to earn all the money she spends. She says it will be easy, until she sees where she has to work! And, Samantha is in her high school marching band, and says her football-playing godfather always tells her, "Band is for sissies." When she challenges him to strap on an instrument, will he be able to keep in step or will he march to the beat of his own drum and change his tune? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 15, 2006, 9:36 am CST

Apprentice Loser

It is easy to be annoyed by Melissa, but I really feel sorry for her. That is in no way meant to be condescending; I feel genuine sorrow for her outlook on life. I used to be a little like her. She has wrapped herself in a heavy shroud of negativity that will only lead her down a path of sorrow. If she doesn't release this burden of negativity, she will continue to be lonely and jobless. 

I honestly don't think Melissa would last 1 HOUR in my life. I work in a male-dominated profession: aerospace technology. I am almost always the only woman in meetings. Men are not used to seeing a woman such as myself in a aerospace tech lab (where I work). I used to get annoyed when I felt I was being patronized or not taken seriously. I started getting a little b!tchy. Then I came a point when I got sick of reciting my resume to prove myself to others. I had to learn a little something about respect. Now I earn respect not because I think I deserve it but because I am respectful to everyone I meet, whether they are male or female. I'll never go back to my b!tchy ways again! 

March 15, 2006, 10:28 am CST

not really what we watch Dr. Phil for...

Well, I wish Dr. Phil had spent some time talking with the young lady from the Apprentice.  She was asking for his help but she was so busy "looking cute" that I don't think she gained a thing.  She needs some one on one time to find out what her underlying problems are. 

I don't think that the challenge format is really what we watch Dr. Phil for is it?  I was disappointed that I didn't gain any insight today.  It wasn't a "changing day" in my life. 

Thanks anyway!  I'll keep watching! 

March 15, 2006, 1:27 pm CST

I didn't think she was that bad...

I thought the girl from The Apprentice was amusing. She had an interesting point of view... I'm glad I don't view things like her, but she did make me laugh.  

The show today made me thankful for the way I'm being brought up. My parents somehow are making sure I keep learning things like the things people learned on the show today. It was interesting to watch. 

March 15, 2006, 1:56 pm CST

spoiled teenager

About the teenager who did farm work to find out what real work was for ten dollars an hour, TEN DOLLARS an hour??!!!    Get real!!  She should have worked for what most people work for, MINIMUM WAGE!!!!!!!   5.15 AN HOUR!!!!!!    Then see how hard she had to work for practically nothing once the government takes their part, and have to try to pay bills and feed herself, much less getting a lexus!!!!   

I've had to work three jobs at one time in my life just to make ends meet and maybe then have enough left to buy top ramen noodles to eat, because I don't believe in using welfare when you are perfectly able to work.  This kind of thing just makes me furious!  She has no clue about real life and how hard it is. Get a real life, honey, work for your money!!! 

March 15, 2006, 2:17 pm CST

03/15 "You Wouldn't Last a Day"

Quote From: saphyre

About the teenager who did farm work to find out what real work was for ten dollars an hour, TEN DOLLARS an hour??!!!    Get real!!  She should have worked for what most people work for, MINIMUM WAGE!!!!!!!   5.15 AN HOUR!!!!!!    Then see how hard she had to work for practically nothing once the government takes their part, and have to try to pay bills and feed herself, much less getting a lexus!!!!   

I've had to work three jobs at one time in my life just to make ends meet and maybe then have enough left to buy top ramen noodles to eat, because I don't believe in using welfare when you are perfectly able to work.  This kind of thing just makes me furious!  She has no clue about real life and how hard it is. Get a real life, honey, work for your money!!! 

I agree $10 an hour was not very realistic when you start a job at the most maybe $6 an hour. Not too mention she didn't do everything she was suppose to and she didn't even take it serious if you ask me. Worried about dirt under her nails? Come off it!!

March 15, 2006, 2:21 pm CST

I think the girl from The Apprentice was so completely full of herself that she couldn't see past it. She was annoying and full of negativity. She needs a rude awakening! I don't like the way she is judgmental and condesending towards others...that's just not right.

March 15, 2006, 2:28 pm CST

She did not want help

Quote From: wyojan

Well, I wish Dr. Phil had spent some time talking with the young lady from the Apprentice.  She was asking for his help but she was so busy "looking cute" that I don't think she gained a thing.  She needs some one on one time to find out what her underlying problems are. 

I don't think that the challenge format is really what we watch Dr. Phil for is it?  I was disappointed that I didn't gain any insight today.  It wasn't a "changing day" in my life. 

Thanks anyway!  I'll keep watching! 

I have a funny feeling that she did not want help. She was there to look cute. Although I don't think that she succeded in that either. She made HERSELF look like a real jerk. I also think they should have had Christy on to defend herself.

March 15, 2006, 2:31 pm CST

Quote From: whynotfly

It is easy to be annoyed by Melissa, but I really feel sorry for her. That is in no way meant to be condescending; I feel genuine sorrow for her outlook on life. I used to be a little like her. She has wrapped herself in a heavy shroud of negativity that will only lead her down a path of sorrow. If she doesn't release this burden of negativity, she will continue to be lonely and jobless. 

I honestly don't think Melissa would last 1 HOUR in my life. I work in a male-dominated profession: aerospace technology. I am almost always the only woman in meetings. Men are not used to seeing a woman such as myself in a aerospace tech lab (where I work). I used to get annoyed when I felt I was being patronized or not taken seriously. I started getting a little b!tchy. Then I came a point when I got sick of reciting my resume to prove myself to others. I had to learn a little something about respect. Now I earn respect not because I think I deserve it but because I am respectful to everyone I meet, whether they are male or female. I'll never go back to my b!tchy ways again! 

I watched the video on here to see this apprentice girl. I only saw a minute or so of it and was sick of her attitude. However I don't like Donald Trump either. I think he is ridiculous and to me watching that show he has is not reality it's fantasy.  About the minum wage also I said in an earlier post that ten dollars an hour is not realistic for minimum wage however $5.15 an hour is not realistic for minimum wage either. You take the cost of gas,rent,electric,phone and all the other things you put out and I'm sorry but the kids going out into the work force today are not going to be able too afford to have there own place. Minimum wage needs to be increased because everything else is increasing but that.

March 15, 2006, 2:39 pm CST

where is Christy??

Why wasn't Christy from the apprentice there to defend herself?

March 15, 2006, 3:08 pm CST

Lauren's Fun

Quote From: shrimpety

My impression of Melissa is that she is a snob. Who is she to decide who is "bright"? I work in an industry where many of my co-workers have two PhD's, are physicians and none of them treat people the way Melissa does. I think Melissa has a warped self-image and she relies on her peceived intelligence to make herself feel superior.  

as for Lauren, I agree that her mother has overindulged her and that she is now paying the price (literally) for not teaching her daughter limitations. I wish that they would have sent her to work at a job that was more realistic for her, such as an entry level position at an ad agency where they pay very little and the person does a ton of work nobody else wants to do.  

Lauren you're fun. You really only care about herself because people who value their education would never act like you.  A degree is concrete knowledge not tissue paper.  All I can say is two things 1)good luck honey the spirit poor house is calling to ya' and 2)you're degrees better be from prestigious schools (if you know what I mean. ;-). People like you take themselves far too seriously. What kind of work ethic are you passing on to the people you love? There's more to life than prestige.  

Oh, putting Dr. Phil on the spot probably not the brightest thing to do that was worse. I can't believe that girl act the bug!! Good for her.  

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last