Message Boards

Topic : 03/15 "You Wouldn't Last a Day"

Number of Replies: 70
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 22, 2005, 03:27:32 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 11/30/05) Dr. Phil's guests dare their loved ones to finally try something new -- and last a day at it. A father wants his high-maintenance wife and daughters to learn to love the outdoors and try one night of camping. When Survivor's Jeff Probst shows up with their first challenge, will the girls pass and earn their camping supplies or will they head back home? Next, Melissa was the first person fired by Donald Trump from this season's The Apprentice. She says she can't work with women because they are intimidated by her brains and looks. What does Dr. Phil think? Then, Lauren's parents challenge her to last a day working in the real world, so she can see how hard it is to earn all the money she spends. She says it will be easy, until she sees where she has to work! And, Samantha is in her high school marching band, and says her football-playing godfather always tells her, "Band is for sissies." When she challenges him to strap on an instrument, will he be able to keep in step or will he march to the beat of his own drum and change his tune? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 15, 2006, 5:42 pm CST

Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is my response to the one day camping trip. As for the apprentice woman, well to paint all woman with a brush is unfair and actually a reflection of her own insecurites, it is not very broad minded, not people oriented, not good people skills, or communication, golly those might be things you need to be a good business person. I can't get over the one day camping trip, that is to much, I have come to see that it is a great possibility that my life may have not been the easiest.

March 15, 2006, 8:10 pm CST

We wont last any longer

Well we have lasted in ND school sytem as long as my kids could!  I finally have packed my kids up and I am moving to KS to live witth my Mother in Law until I can find a place of our own.  Final straw was when they denied even knowing my son was hurt when he actually had a broken hand all day at school.  Then I was able to Prove they did know he was hurt!  They said Oh I thought he wasnt hurt THAT bad.  The bullying problems are bad enough with the kids, but the adults seem to perpetuate the problems.  This was suppost to be our dream the first home we ever owned but it turned into our nightmare.  No one will help.  Not the state school board, or Senators.  It seems we were in a vacuum not a manority not a majority.  Just a family trying to raise there kids and no one listening now seperated because they could not stand to have them hurt any longer! 

demintedmom 

March 15, 2006, 8:43 pm CST

The Cutest Campers!

Dr. Phil I was doubled over laughing at the mom and her hilarious daughters!  Watching them put the tent together was hysterical and the conversations they had with eachother made me cry I was laughing so hard!   It was so nice to watch something so lighthearted AND heartwarming. I related so much to the need to bring several outfits...just in case...and also the toiletry items!  I guess I am a high maintenance chick too.   I am with the girls though...I hate camping...my parents ruined it for me when I was a little kid...we went to the mountains in northern california, where it rained for 5 out of the 7 days we were there and all the kids in my family (5) got the stomach flu which included frequent vomiting!  My father insisted that since we had paid for the campsite for a week, we were going to stay. " Roughing it" for me today is staying at the Holiday Inn.  Thank you for the warm hearted message of love and family today Dr.Phil! I really appreciated it! 

March 15, 2006, 8:54 pm CST

why don't parent's get IT !!!!

Quote From: flthomcat

WHY OH WHY did Dr. Phil find Lauren and the way she was raised so amusing? On past shows, he's likened such poor parenting to child abuse, yet he laughed right along with Lauren and her poorly guided parents. They have sent this child VERY BAD messages about life and what's important. 

What lessons have they taught this girl? No work, but expensive bags, clothing, trips, shoes and possibly cars? Why is this shallow girl not giving back to her community...spending time and money helping out at a soup kitchen, in an area food pantry or donating items to the Salvation Army? Imagine how many people could be helped out by a $350. purse alone!!! 

These parents have taught this child that brand names matter (sorry, a cow is a cow and people pay for status, not usually much higher quality). They have taught her that life is easy and people should give things to her without them being earned. How terribly sad and irresonsible of her parents. 

This is a girl who will HAVE to marry wealthy to keep up her status that her parents so sadly introduced to her instead of teaching her what is REALLY important in life (and it ain't fancy STUFF). I pity her husband, unless he's the type of man who simply wants a "kept," beautiful woman as an arm hang. Those marriages usually end in divorce. 

Our children attend private school yet they help out a Metropolitian Ministries, they take trips to Appalachia to stock the food pantries, they donate monthly to an area Catholic Charities and I insist they go with me every 3 months to watch me donate blood (so they'll be comfortable doing it themselves when they are old enough to decide/donate). They own 3 pairs of shoes, one winter jacket each year until it's outgrown and two stylish but inexpensive purses. It is OUR RESPONSIBILITY (as parents)to model appropriate behavior...compassion, unselfishness, kindness, etc.  

Do they really think that Jesus, if he were on this Earth walking beside us, would be pleased with the lessons this child has been taught and the life she's been allowed to live? Jesus didn't care about STUFF. We shouldn't either! 

I can't understand how a parent can go on TV with their spoiled selfish daughter and asked dr.phil why she is like and why she is?????? 

Parents let their kids get away with everything and thats's why they have no respect for the world.... 

March 15, 2006, 9:26 pm CST

Dan is in the band

I just have to say Dan was agreat sport...I just wondering if he is married.Thanks

March 16, 2006, 11:08 am CST

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DID THIS!

IN MY OPINION THE GIRLS DID SOMETHING THAT I KNOW I WOULD NEVER DO NOR ANY OF MY FOUR SISTERS--EAT A BUG! GROSS!  I WON'T EVEN STAY IN A COTTAGE EVERY SUMMER AND CAN'T IMAGINE DOING WHAT THEY DID--CONGRATS GIRLS! 

March 16, 2006, 11:49 am CST

Melissa

Dr Phil is amazingly patient to "suffer this fool"!  I hope she stops taking herself so seriously and learns how to deal with real life.

March 16, 2006, 4:08 pm CST

They really had to ask???

Quote From: mitsuko

I can't understand how a parent can go on TV with their spoiled selfish daughter and asked dr.phil why she is like and why she is?????? 

Parents let their kids get away with everything and thats's why they have no respect for the world.... 

Did the parents really not have a clue as to why their spoiled selfish daughter is like she is?    Lauren's parents should not ask Dr. Phil why she's like this.  They should be doing their own job of parenting!   No wonder Lauren is spoiled like she is, the parents didn't live up to their responsibility of teaching her during her years of growing.  I hope it's not too late! 

March 16, 2006, 4:17 pm CST

You wouldn't last a day

Quote From: saphyre

About the teenager who did farm work to find out what real work was for ten dollars an hour, TEN DOLLARS an hour??!!!    Get real!!  She should have worked for what most people work for, MINIMUM WAGE!!!!!!!   5.15 AN HOUR!!!!!!    Then see how hard she had to work for practically nothing once the government takes their part, and have to try to pay bills and feed herself, much less getting a lexus!!!!   

I've had to work three jobs at one time in my life just to make ends meet and maybe then have enough left to buy top ramen noodles to eat, because I don't believe in using welfare when you are perfectly able to work.  This kind of thing just makes me furious!  She has no clue about real life and how hard it is. Get a real life, honey, work for your money!!! 

I agree.....$10 an hour was unreal as starting wage, unless maybe you're in a large city.  But even at that wage, she still has no clue!  Her parents have really let her down by not teaching her how to work for her money. 

March 16, 2006, 4:57 pm CST

Good for Leslie

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next Page | Last Page