Message Boards

Topic : 12/02 Dr. Phil and Robin's First Wives Club, Part 3

Number of Replies: 172
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 22, 2005, 03:37:28 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

The First Wives are back and better than ever! After all their hard work during the “First Wives Club,” Dr. Phil and Robin wanted Pam, Holly, Heidi and Donna to have life-changing makeovers.  The experts start with their look, but after this show's amazing gifts and surprises, these women's lives will never be the same! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 2, 2005, 12:54 pm CST

Pam (and all the ladies)

First off I want to say I applaud you all for having the strength, courage, and wisdom to seek help and change your lives. I hope this is the beginning of a wonderful new chapter in your lives! 

Pam, I have to say you look wonderful, and it's not just the makeover it's the happiness and peace that's radiating out of that 1000W smile that was sitting in the back of the closet waaaay too long. To me, your radiant smile embodied the release and new found happiness of all four of you now share. 

Joy, peace, and fulfillment to you in the new year and the future. Happy Holidays!  

December 2, 2005, 1:03 pm CST

Great show......but

What about the women out there that make it without benefit of Dr Phil? 

I had to take out loans to go to school, take care of my children, and pay my own bills, all the while trying to fight for my freedom from a drug addict. The law stood by and let him do whatever he wanted to terrorize us.  The judge let him get away with the house, the business and no child support.  

We survived, but not with new furniture, cars or any help from anyone but God. 

My children are scarred for life. My son is 28 years old and still has nightmares about his father's torment. 

I applaud the ladies on the show.  They have made great progress, but not without help. 

December 2, 2005, 1:14 pm CST

YAY!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see this episode! I really want to see how these women are doing!! I was so happy when I saw the previews! They seem to be so much happier!

December 2, 2005, 1:19 pm CST

Shattered

This is my first posting and unsure how to approach it.   Guessing I really just needed to feel some support or at least try to understand things.  After 20 + years my husband out of the blue says he does not love me the same - few weeks later says his parents paid for him to file for divorce - then i find out he has been having an affair for months with a mutual friend in the neighborhood.    I am devastated ... feeling really bad about myself for gaining weight back (I had lost over 100 pounds) - but am taking care of my father at home who is dying.    So much hurt ... confusion ... wondering what did I do wrong, why is this all happening to me, how am I going to afford things.   I go from the crying to the anger to the depression ... especially since he is still here and goes in and out with "her".   Divorce paperwork is going back and forth and that just makes me cry even more ... putting down on paper our lives ... trivializing the meaning of all the hard work and sacrifice I gave all those years.   Thanks for letting me get things out in here.  Sorry if I offended or did something wrong by rambling on the board.

December 2, 2005, 1:25 pm CST

The beginning of a new life

I'm happy for the 4 women of the First Wives Club.  The show should give them all a really good start for the next chapter of their lives.  I kinda felt sorry for the audience members though.   Some of them were watching with sadness on their faces.  Who knows what hurt and financial difficulties they may be going through.  At least Dr. Phil had a few gifts for them. 

December 2, 2005, 1:26 pm CST

Follow Up

I certainly feel sympathy for women who live through infidelity in marriages and relationships but, I have to admit that I want to see a follow up on these women, say....six months from now to see if they really did go on and stop living in the past.  

I know  a female in a "similar" situation (who deserves half of the credit for her divorce) that, 5 years later still lives in the past and is doing nothing with her life except to make a trip to the mailbox at the first of the month for her alimony payment. There are only 17 payments left and she has yet to do anything constructive with her life.  

December 2, 2005, 1:31 pm CST

Hooray for the ladies!

The "first wives" looked and sounded great. What a difference. They should do great as long as they believe in themselves. Been there done the same 26 years ago with hardly any resources and just myself to rely on. The first step is the hardest and then it's step by step by step and pretty soon you're skipping happily along. I'm retired now doing what I want with a great husband/partner/best friend of 25 years. That first marriage of 14 years made me a better person for the 2nd one. Life after divorce can be as good as they want to make it.

December 2, 2005, 1:32 pm CST

Heidi

I can so relate to how Heidi felt before Dr. Phil and Robin's intervention.  When Dr. Phil told Heidi that she'd been hurt so bad that she would take anything she could get, I went, "Oh my God!  That's me!"  I am constantly telling my husband ( who I believe has had an affair with a younger woman) "Please, please don't leave me, I'll do anything!"  The very same words that Dr. Phil told Heidi that she was saying.  Every man I have ever loved has hurt, abused and betrayed me.  All I've ever wanted is to feel safe in loving someone.  Now, I wonder if I am going to wind up like the women in the First Wives Club.  I have so many regrets.  There was a time when I had so much potential.  I had a 3.75 GPA in college.  I am an artist and poet.  I've stayed home and raised four children.  I have loved and been faithful to my husband.  I would give anything not to live in fear.  I would give anything not to feel so alone.  I cried tears of joy for the women of the First Wives Club.  They are fighters, survivors.  I wish I could find the strength to be someone else besides the victim that has been my life's role.

December 2, 2005, 2:19 pm CST

wives club

It was so nice of what Dr. Phil did for those women.They had tears of joy instead of tears of sadness............Dr. Phil do a show for those of us who could no longer work and our husbands /wives dumped us. I lost my home, vehicle, family. I am sure there are many out there. Its even more devasting not being able to support yourself and having to depend on someone else . 

December 2, 2005, 2:19 pm CST

12/02 Dr. Phil and Robin's First Wives Club, Part 3

Quote From: honeyp

What about the women out there that make it without benefit of Dr Phil? 

I had to take out loans to go to school, take care of my children, and pay my own bills, all the while trying to fight for my freedom from a drug addict. The law stood by and let him do whatever he wanted to terrorize us.  The judge let him get away with the house, the business and no child support.  

We survived, but not with new furniture, cars or any help from anyone but God. 

My children are scarred for life. My son is 28 years old and still has nightmares about his father's torment. 

I applaud the ladies on the show.  They have made great progress, but not without help. 

Their progress isn't any less impressive because they asked for help.  They were courageous for coming on national t.v., taking control of their life, and finding their true selves.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last