Message Boards

Topic : 12/02 Dr. Phil and Robin's First Wives Club, Part 3

Number of Replies: 172
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 22, 2005, 03:37:28 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

The First Wives are back and better than ever! After all their hard work during the “First Wives Club,” Dr. Phil and Robin wanted Pam, Holly, Heidi and Donna to have life-changing makeovers.  The experts start with their look, but after this show's amazing gifts and surprises, these women's lives will never be the same! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 2, 2005, 3:09 pm CST

Bravo Dr. Phil & Robin

And to Pam, Holly, Heidi, and Donna on your Spectacular Come Back!   

You give hope to all who ever have been in your shoes or perhaps going through the same now.  

A positive end to close another week.  Way to go!!! 

Fans to all of you, especially Robin who inspired this show and me daily!! 

Michelle 

December 2, 2005, 3:17 pm CST

I certainly agree!

Quote From: labelfree

Point blank....Dr. Phil saved my life with his words after reading his book's however after the first show of the first WIVE's it was Robin's face and Robin's words from that show that popped in my head when I was in DANGER in NOVEMBER 15th 05  I pulled on her as a coping stragie.... 

So Please Put her on more show's....and something else I have noticed....I now like you very much Dr. phil but really what are you like 30 years older than your beautiful wife or what!  No wonder why her parents were miffed at you....Oh boy!  No wonder....Thank you Robin ...Keep telling it like it is....People really really respond to it and the camera likes you cutie   xoxo 

I have read every book that Dr. Phil ever has written, and his words has made such a difference in not just my life, but my attitude on life.  I think Robin is truly inspirational, and just having her in the audience gives the show a special touch. I really like it when she takes the stage, though because she has so much to offer on so many things.  I think it is evident what a soft place Robin keeps for Dr. Phil to fall in when he is having a difficult day.  

Peace, 

Michelle 

December 2, 2005, 3:22 pm CST

lesson learned

Quote From: kairshea

Their progress isn't any less impressive because they asked for help.  They were courageous for coming on national t.v., taking control of their life, and finding their true selves.
Basically, in this day of talk and reality shows, the lesson I see being presented is, that if you mess up, get hooked on drugs and booze, marry the wrong guy and/or cheat on your husband, get too fat or way too thin, you will get lots of love and admiration from the audience, new cars, free education, a limo ride to a rehab center and, of course, a new hair-do and make-over!. 
The rest of us have to deal with paying the bills, sending our kids to college, working to make our marriages work, working 2 or 3 jobs, doing without vacations, dealing with disabilities, watching what we eat, and having a home or furnishings that remind us that things could be better. And we get to pay extra in taxes and health insurance and make donations to organizations to help these other folks out. 
Though I think Dr.Phil is a good man and has helped a lot of folks out, I think he also perpetuates the idea that we are all victims and need "stuff" to make us better.  His "courageous" guests must have a pretty good idea that they will be rewarded for "taking control of their lives and finding their true selves" on TV!

December 2, 2005, 3:26 pm CST

Donna, Heidi. Holly and Pam to Vlaanderen.

Dear Donna, Heidi, Holly and Pam. I am post this message to Doctor Phil Show that you women did a great job and I seen the  the gloria in you women. I also want to say congratulated on Doct 

or Phil to help with your problem. Donna, Heidi, Holly and Pam if you want to write me an E-Mail 

letter my online address is: RBV43@Juno.Com. Well I had better close now. Sincerley Your.---- 

Russell Vlaanderen.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

December 2, 2005, 3:34 pm CST

Holy Smoke!!!!

WOW!!! 

Great Show Dr. Phil!!! The marvelous, remarkable, mind-blowing and just plain staggering number of gifts were an amazing gesture for these women on the emotional mend!!! 

To these wonderful ladies: 

Holly: You look like a different person! Glamorous, actually! I love the changes you’ve made internally! 

Pam: Well, you’re no longer just “a sweater and hair…” as Dr. Phil said in your first appearance! You are more animated and just glowing!(Inside and Out!) 

Heidi: You’re a knock out!(I’m just curious…was your ex a blind man?) I was impressed with your whole presentation. Keep your journey going! 

Donna: Wow! Black leather boots!(Reminded me of the song: “These Boots are made for walking”, by Nancy Sinatra. And, you‘ll be doing a lot of that on campus!) You have definitely found your courage! The best revenge is living well!!! 

Again, the gifts and makeovers were amazing however, I believe that these women would have valued just having had the opportunity to make change. I certainly would have watched with or without those fabulous gifts. Wonderful works of kindness!!!! 

I just LOVE the shows where Dr. Phil works with a group. The First Wives Club was a good one, inspired by Robin…. 

Oops! Thanks Robin!!! Great Idea! I know why these women felt supported by you. I could feel your authentic compassion and understanding for these women and I was just watching from home!!!

Thanks, Again!!! 

Brenda :-) 

December 2, 2005, 3:37 pm CST

WOW!

WOW - having gone to an anger clinic some years ago, I know first hand what it's like to be free from the past that dragged me down...and it's so wonderful to watch four other women achieve the same result!!  I am simply wowed by all the ways Dr. Phil empowers PEOPLE. but mostly it seems, women.  Way to go girls!! for all your hard work.  It certainly paid off! 

December 2, 2005, 3:50 pm CST

Just a thought......

Quote From: loftgirl

Why were they all wearing black? It was like they were all dressed for a funeral. They've come so far and they have so much to be joyful about now... why not a little color to reflect that? 

Just wondering... 

About twenty years ago, seeing folks in black, I'd think: 'sadness', 'depression', or 'funeral wear'. However, after working in Behavioral Health for more than 25 yrs., I now know and it's generally accepted that the wearing of lots of black is symbolic of POWER!!!

December 2, 2005, 3:51 pm CST

HOORAY! for the first wive's club !!!!

THANK YOU DR PHIL AND ROBIN!! What you do each day does have an impact on me but TODAY!!! WOWEEEEEEE! I sure empathize with all those women and today made me feel SO GOOD because they looked and acted so different than the last time I saw them - HOORAY for them (and you who helped them get there). I have issues in my life that I'm working on - today was just SO inspirational to ME! I had goose bumps all over my body when you began telling them about what they were getting and THEN!!!!!!!! I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED GLORIA GAYNOR and I made her song 'I WILL SURVIVE' MY SONG!!! so when she came on - --well- can you get DOUBLE goose bumps??? OH MY GOODNESS - I LOVED HEARING HER SING!!! I have NEW and STRONGER drives now! THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!

December 2, 2005, 4:02 pm CST

So Happy for these Ladies!

This show made me cry my eyes out, I was so happy for these ladies - and so very touched by the amazing generosity and love of Dr. Phil and Robin and the companies and organizations that donated gifts, time, and education.  Bless every single one of them.

December 2, 2005, 4:07 pm CST

Where's mine?

I, like others, loved the show. It was a step in the ultimate direction: happiness. There's so much pain that comes with deceit and ungraciousness from a spouse. It is hurtful. But time is the healing force. The strong scrape themselves up by the bootstraps and learn to be tough and not let it happen again.  Help is needed, though most women will resist, feeling it is something they do not deserve. Thank you, Dr. Phil and all your crew, for being a force to help these ladies get going to become strong individuals. 

I went through my second divorce, a painful one, four years ago. Had it not been for my mother's wisdom, I would not have been able to face another day.  Going on is possible, slow, nervewracking,and necessary. Continuing to learn, grow, and love again takes time. Sometimes, lots of time. But by investing in yourselves, you will become stronger and smarter.  Knowledge is the answer. ~~C~~ 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last