Message Boards

Topic : 03/31 Love Smart, Part 1

Number of Replies: 209
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 02, 2005, 03:45:39 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 12/06/05) It's Dr. Phil after dark! Dr. Phil is having a champagne party - with an audience full of single men and women looking to meet Mr. and Ms. Right. Using his new book, Love Smart: Find the One You Want - Fix the One You Got, Dr. Phil teaches these singles how to be smart when it comes to love and relationships, and how to "bag 'em, tag 'em and take 'em home!" Noelle says she's a horrible dater and never gets called back for date number two. Dr. Phil sends her out with a man and critiques her technique. How is she sending the wrong message? Then, a beauty queen who never thought she would still be single at 37 says her biological clock is "gonging!" Does this mean she'll put up with just about anything? Dr. Phil puts her to the test. And, three single women who are looking for love in all the wrong places want Dr. Phil to help them find Mr. Right. See what happens when they participate in revolving dates while Dr. Phil coaches them through an earpiece. Whether you can't find a good candidate, can't close the deal, or get them home and realize they aren't who you thought they were -- you are about to earn your black belt in relationships! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 6, 2005, 11:14 am CST

in agreement

Quote From: atlswan

Personally, those celebrity interviews have no interest to me either because I really have little interest in what today's "hot" celebrities are doing. For those who do, more power to you.  

The only celebrity interview I watched that she did was of Sir Anthony Hopkins, whom I do truly admire due to his long catalog of work. Not because he's some young stud that People magazine loves for a month or two. 

At least we can thank Oprah for exposing some of the celebrities for the true undersireables they are.  After watching some of the interviews I certainly won't pay money to see a show made by a certain celebrity who doesn't believe in medications that help post partum depression, who goes around jumping on people's furniture.  The media may portray them as HOT but I think NOT.

December 6, 2005, 11:29 am CST

2 THINGS: TIME and AGE

#1 Time:  I think the second question would be:  What do you currently do with your time during the week and what do you hope to do with your time on a day to day week to week month to month basis?

#2 AGE:  I see so many comments on these boards about Age.  I think you have an actual age:  How old you really are.  You have a physical age:  How old you look and people think you are and then a Mental Age:  YOUR MENTALITY  **laugh**  (I think being around kids alot lowers your Mental Age in order to relate and manage themm.... **tilts head**     Like with Age.... My grandma's now deceased who were THE BEST GRANDMA'S  EVER.  I am so thankful to have had them.  I would trade them for nothing.  They were perfect...... BUT in the last portion of their life 5- 10 years.... one thing I remember them talking about was their aches and pains and the obituaries... who died that they knew this week.... It's like that was their mentality or what they thought about and talked to others about.  It didn't change how I felt about them because as mentioned I adored them.... but in terms of this discussion um like if you as an older woman or man ( I have to include that because men break this rule too.) LISTEN TO WHAT YOU TALK ABOUT because I think that is often what attracts older men to younger women.  These young girls LOOK UP TO THEM AND RESPECT THEIR WISDOM where you might think they are full of ##$%^& and that very well could be true ROFL but the young girl just says yeah uh huh WOW Really?  It's not totally about how young looking and cute she may be.... I think it's a bit about attitude and CONVERSATION....... 

I mean listen to what teenagers care about?  their nails.... the movies.....  their face and clothes.....   ITS A MENTALITY.... I think you can be Young at Heart.....

December 6, 2005, 12:20 pm CST

Me too

Quote From: bewitched

At least we can thank Oprah for exposing some of the celebrities for the true undersireables they are.  After watching some of the interviews I certainly won't pay money to see a show made by a certain celebrity who doesn't believe in medications that help post partum depression, who goes around jumping on people's furniture.  The media may portray them as HOT but I think NOT.
I wouldn't spit on this "celebrity" if he was on fire.  I would love to tell him this to his face

December 6, 2005, 12:22 pm CST

Amen ,sister!

Quote From: nursefaye

Dr Phil, It must be easy to select the prettiest woman that write in and fix them up with dates. How about us "older" women? The ones that have been married before, or are overweight, or have a health problem? Do we just give up on love because we are not pretty enough or young enough? I am a 55 year old twice divorced woman who would love help to meet suitable men but your shows are always about fixing up 20 somethings and they are all attractive. I don't scare babies and with the right makeup and hair style I can be presentable but I will never be that woman in her 20's that can meet a man and have him tripping all over himself to give me his number. So should I just give up on having someone in my life because I am less desirable?
     Here, here! It seems that once you hit 30 (or more accurately, IT hits YOU!), you're supposed to grateful for whatever comes your way. Just bite your lip, smile and scrape the bottom of the barrel.  You know something? You may have just presented an idea for a show featuring single women over 40 and looking for love. That might get ME on the show.

December 6, 2005, 12:40 pm CST

Longing for past shows

I have to agree with much of jmmjhm's message and seeing shows like those that have been shown in the past. Diversity is "oh so good!" However, the earlier style of a season focusing on  certain dysfunctions and how and what to do  when faced  having to deal with it/them. They appeared to be of more with focusing on areas of our society than to be individualized. Just my opinion. Thanks.

December 6, 2005, 12:45 pm CST

I love Dr. Phil

Dr. Phil is the only show that I watch religiously.  He addresses real issues that affect real people.  He has done shows on incest, infedility and many other topics that are "unpopular".  I would much rather watch a show that I can take something useful away from.  I've watched episodes of this show and just sobbed because it felt like he was talking directly to me. 

The last celebrity that I was obssesed with was John Schneider when he played Bo Duke on the Dukes of Hazzard and he could make my little 10 year old heart stop. 

December 6, 2005, 12:57 pm CST

Me TOO!!

Quote From: golden1

Here, here! It seems that once you hit 30 (or more accurately, IT hits YOU!), you're supposed to grateful for whatever comes your way. Just bite your lip, smile and scrape the bottom of the barrel.  You know something? You may have just presented an idea for a show featuring single women over 40 and looking for love. That might get ME on the show.

I've never written on the Dr. Phil message board but  just had to write because the dating game after 50 is totally different....we think differently...we respond differently.  We know more about life and what we want but perhaps have forgotten how to be open to sharing.    How about the widowed person??  A completely different mindset.    

December 6, 2005, 1:03 pm CST

Love Smart, Part 1

I have an area of concern that is very personalized when it comes to dating; or should I say, the lack of ... what do you do in the following situation? Born in 1958, live a good life to the age of about 30. I mean a productive life somewhat but not in the dating or opposite sex area. Become ill and finally be diagnosed with a rare and orphaned disease and be essentially put on "HOLD" until the age of about 45. Begin showing signs of some kind of movement; in the positive direction with the disease and then at age 47 feeling like trying to get  back into the "life line" of life but not knowing which way to go or how to even begin. Your mind, appearence and also your physical feelings in many ways,  are telling you that you are still 30 but in fact you are 17 years older. Dr. Phil, I have never had any luck, if that's what you would call it, with the opposite sex. Younger, I devoted more on my life and the career path I wished to travel, then I became sick and couldn't really care of too much else and now older,  with my appearence, to the younger guys I'm too old and to my age group, I appear too young. Would you and do you respond to the aforementioned concern? 

December 6, 2005, 1:05 pm CST

My Girlfriend!!!!!!

Quote From: atlswan

I haven't seen the show yet so I can't comment on its content, only the subject itself. 

I was single until I was 35. It was hard at times so I think it's good that Dr. Phil is doing a show on it. Finding someone to spend the rest of your life is no picnic as you get older. Sometimes it takes stepping back from "the hunt" for Mr. or Ms Right for You (as I see it) and just enjoying your life as it is to get perspective.  

Now that I'm married, I can see how many good times and travels I had as a single person. Enjoy the aspects of single life that are good and keep your eyes open. That guy/gal you might not have given the time of day might be the one for you. My husband was a co-worker and I wrote him off because he was younger. I'm glad I woke up and realized what a gem he was. 

I loved this show!!!!!! I didn't get married until I was 33 and your right dating as an adult woman is a pain in the butt.  I always felt I had to hide the real me, lest I be rejected.  Finally I said the heck with this!!!!!  when I met my husband I showed him my true colors right out of the gate and when he didn't run in the other directions I knew he was a keeper. 

December 6, 2005, 1:16 pm CST

Love Smart, Part 1

Extremely insightful!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great show as usual, Dr. Phil. Then again, I am a Dr. Phil "JUNKIE!!!!!!" I firmly believe, that from all appearences, it appeares as though there were very strong chemistry between Janet and Todd. God Bless them and I hope that they remain happy.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last