Message Boards

Topic : 12/07 Love Smart, Part 2

Number of Replies: 142
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 02, 2005, 03:47:41 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

The lights are low, the champagne is flowing and Dr. Phil's singles party continues, teaching women how to weed out the bad boys and find Mr. Right. Four women who say they can't be themselves when they're around guys are taped as they candidly speak about dating and what they're looking for in a mate. What they don't know is that they are actually being watched by men whom they will later meet. Find out what the men think about these ladies! Next, one of the women gets a special makeover from Robin, and a pep talk from Dr. Phil. Will she be able to earn herself a second date when she's armed with a secret weapon? Then, Dr. Phil sends single women to "target-rich" environments. Some are armed with tips for meeting men, while others have to survive on their own. Which group of women will meet men and even get phone numbers? Plus, test your knowledge and see how well you know men. If you're ready to be a bride instead of a bridesmaid, you don't want to miss Dr. Phil's advice! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 7, 2005, 3:14 pm CST

great show

Hey  

Graat show Dr.phil mnay people need to know about how to seal the deal get what you wnat out of realttion ship s especialy if you're single an you're not sure where to satrt if you had bad realtion ships  how to change your habitis 

December 7, 2005, 3:21 pm CST

Looks like feminism cut down on Jim's crop of available Stepford wives.

Quote From: juliebgg

WE'RE too tired too!!!!!!!
Kinda makes we want to burn a bra.  :-)

December 7, 2005, 3:24 pm CST

Try a yoga class, vegetarian cooking class, metaphysical seminar or singles event...

Quote From: rockstarxx

Good grief, girls can go anywhere and meet guys, where can guys go to meet girls, where the guys are not outnumbering the girls 10 to 1? Do you women just sit at home? Give me a break, it is a womans world. Well, a pretty womans world. God help all the uglie's and us not tall, not so rich men.
The women there outnumber the men 10 to 1.  Where are you hanging out, automechanic classes?

December 7, 2005, 3:24 pm CST

Sexist Episode!

I can't tell you how appauled I was after watching Love Smart. It made it seem as though women are the only ones who make mistakes when it comes to dating. You put a group of men to spy on women, then judge and criticize them. Why wasn't it looked at from both sides of the spectrum. I am sure that the group of women could have found a few things wrong with  the men. It seemed as though women should change to get a men, while the men don't have any problems. I  thought society was working steadily towards beating sexism , but this episode made me realize that patriarchy still dominates. Dr. Phil, I challenge you to host an episode that focuses  equally on men and women's dating dilemmas!

December 7, 2005, 3:36 pm CST

To find love first find yourself

Hi there my names is David from Edmonton Alberta Canada:

As we all know that its hard to find the right person , we all have iinner emotional battles that  we  all have to have closer or least understaning ..I call this the soul of onself its a deeper area of  us where really dont  want to go...I n say ing that we all have trouble to express ourselfs truly from within seems like we all hide things somewhere.. So i think we have to stop being greedy  and t have relationships with people that  understand enhjoy things and communicate better be more open and honest  have some self worth  respect  and happiness which will ond day turn into true love..
well if u want to talk to me  that be great will give my email  if any females would like it?

December 7, 2005, 3:40 pm CST

Getting out of your comfort zone

I am married now... but this so reminds me of them ol dating days and I started laughing... My girlfriend and I use to go to Firestations and ask for help with training to become firefighters to meet men... HAAA HAAA HAAAA but they would invite us for dinner, walk us around the station, invite us to dinners etc.... We vsited oh maybe 3 or 4 in our surrounding cities... it was fun and we got Great Food!!!! 

So Ladies... just an Idea????? Have fun, be confident and try... try to be yourself as much as you can. 

Good Luck, 

Katrina 

December 7, 2005, 3:42 pm CST

Goodness

Quote From: lauren26

I can't tell you how appauled I was after watching Love Smart. It made it seem as though women are the only ones who make mistakes when it comes to dating. You put a group of men to spy on women, then judge and criticize them. Why wasn't it looked at from both sides of the spectrum. I am sure that the group of women could have found a few things wrong with  the men. It seemed as though women should change to get a men, while the men don't have any problems. I  thought society was working steadily towards beating sexism , but this episode made me realize that patriarchy still dominates. Dr. Phil, I challenge you to host an episode that focuses  equally on men and women's dating dilemmas!
Oh goodness... relax a little sounds like you too have man issues I'm sure it's the same either sex... and NEVER was it suggested that women were the only ones that make mistakes???

December 7, 2005, 3:45 pm CST

don't understand why women feel they need a man

I just do not understand why, in today's world, women still think that they need a man to full-fill them.  After 15 years of marriage to a Navy career man I discovered that he never love me and that all that I did for him he could care less.  So I took my daughter and myself and started a new life.  I have made it find with out a man in my life.  I paid my own bills, and I have raise a daughter who was border-line autistic.  She is now holding down a job and going to college part-time.  There is no way on God's green earth that I would trouble myself with a man.  I have several men friends and they know that when we go out I pay my own way.  We have fun and then I go home alone and I like that.  Know one to tell me what to do, where to go, or who I can or can not talk to.  Why do women believe a man is necessary to have to be happy?  Why can't they be happy with themselves?  If they want a child they can alway go to a sperm bank and pick up some and get pregant and have a child.  I wish I had done that.  I could of save myself 15 years of misery.

December 7, 2005, 3:48 pm CST

Hate to say it But ...

Quote From: blueangel777

YOU SAID IT, "HAPPY YOUNG PEOPLE." 

YOU ARE MARRIED!!!   GET REAL!!! 

YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE!!! 

TRY BEING 51, NEVER MARRIED, NO CHILDREN,  

GRADUATE DEGREE, NEVER DATED, NOT BLONDE, 

ETC, ETC, ETC. 

LIFE CAN BE HELL!!! 

BLUEANGEL777 

Blueangel777 

If your life is as happy as that message of yours... hmmm maybe that's  why your 51, not married and never been married.... 

Loosen up and 51 isn't DEAD.... You could meet a FABULOUS woman there are plenty of 51 year old single women out there... !!! 

December 7, 2005, 3:50 pm CST

Hello

My name is Dallas, and although I am married and really dont have barings in this dicussion I do want to comment on the "Super Model" that was on the show yesterday. I took offense to her comment about how she was blessed with being attractive....To me shes saying because shes thin and former miss this and miss that, that those types of people are the only ones who are attractive. I am not Miss Canada and a FAR cry from it, I defently am packing some extra baggage, but does that mean Im not blessed with Beauty?
Dallas

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last